Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #18 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were here just to relax! The overall exterior is great, clean and maintained. The interior is clean and maintained, what you see on the pictures are accurate. Located right on the beach, walking distance. Our room face the beach and it was great. The room was a suite equip with 2 TV’s, fridge, microwave the normal stuff for a suite. The bedroom was clean, it appeared that way. The beds and pillows were soft.... The bathroom was clean and had the normal stuff... The only things I didn't like were, the internet wasn't great, who cares there for the beach....The front desk personnel were great. The management has the guest services down to a T. The breakfast was great and awesome. Can't speak on the fitness room and other amenties (pools and etc.), we didn't bother. The rooms are a little dated, but our overall experience was good and will stay here again. Note: the outlet mall- take a left out of the complex and stay on that road, red lobster is there too... Close to everything!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ghawell99
Write a ReviewReviews (1,855)

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was our first time staying at this hotel and overall we LOVED it, friendly staff and clean rooms! The only con was the restaurant in their lobby, the food is nothing special just average for the prices we were expecting something better! We ordered paste and came out uncooked, husband ordered fish and chips and had to send it back due to how greasy it was. The manager made sure we were not charge for the entrees or our drinks which was nice but I would had prefer a great meal and paid for it! Overall YES we will be staying here again but will not be dining in.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Prior to heading out for a conference hosted at the Embassy Suites, I checked their web site regarding motorcycle parking. Seeing no reference, I called the hotel and inquired. The answer was "We have motorcycle parking." They deliberately left out a minor detail that the motorcycle parking was a mile away from the hotel and that you had to call for a shuttle service because the Kingston Plantation subdivision prohibits motorcycles. Leaving out details like this is the same as lying.

While I was at the entry gate discussing with the guard the rationale of the discriminatory practice, several large diesel powered delivery trucks rumbled by, rattling and noisy. I looked at the trucks and then looked back at her, she did her best to shrug and say, "It's the rules." (She was very nice and handled a difficult situation with grace. 5-stars for the guard.)

The motorcycle parking was near the guard house but it was hidden behind a lot of vegetation. IMHO, anyone could have easily stolen items or damaged the bikes.

After my shuttle ride to the hotel, I was informed at check-in that my room was next door in the Brighton Tower, a condo complex associated with the hotel. Since my room was not in the main hotel that the Embassy Suite free cooked-to-order breakfast was indeed NOT-free.

Not amused and would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tdragger
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you felt in any way mislead. This is not typical of our hotel and staff members. Every guest is very important to us, so I have addressed this issue with our team, to make sure that we fully explain our motorcycle procedures. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what Embassy Suites is known for: truly award-winning hospitality. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I agree with some that the managers cocktail hour is the pits. Watered down drinks and pretzels, that was a good night. Our room furniture had stains on it from I do not know what. We asked for extra sheets and covered it. One night we arrived in our room to a Palmetto bug(cockroach for northeners) in the bathroom area. The desk was contacted and sprayed bug spray under the sink area. Location was o.k. The beach was nice, great for little kids; as was the water park. The water park was deceptive in the brochure and I never did find the second lazy river. All the water amenities are geared for little kids. Does anyone know why all the pools are so small and the water so cloudy? The complex is huge and seems like several business ventures that went belly up and were then bought up by someone with a Hilton franchise. Shuttle service was nice but limited. Breakfast was a plus I dont agree with those who complained about it, got there before 8 am and had no problem. For the size of the property, the amenities could have been larger, the pools, water park, etc. There was a theft at the water park, I don't know if the property was ever recovered, limited surveillance was available. I have never stayed at an Embassy Suites before and probably never will again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chuckeez
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the inconveniences. We have addressed our housekeeping staff in regards to the level of cleanliness of your room. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and we will use your comments to do so. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Embassy Suites in Myrtle Beach. We had a room on the 6th floor facing the pool area...I would suggest a little higher up due to your are looking down at the roof over the lobby area. The rooms (not the shower area) have been refreshed, but housekeeping is very average to fair. This is the worst aspect of this hotel. The carpeting in the hallways is soiled and needs a good cleaning and the same sunscreen that was smeared in the elevators was there all week. The lobby area is completely renovated and has a very modern look...no beach decor whatsoever. The lobby area was always spotless and well kept.
In regards to room size, we had 2 adults and 1 teenage girl and the room was jammed. I would not try to fit anymore people in this room, unless you have 2 small kids. When the pull out couch is opened, it takes up almost the entire living area.
The breakfast expereince was the best we have ever had here. The new area flows much better and there is much more seating overlooking the ocean.
The manager's reception is fair to poor. A free drink is really all you get. Same trail mix and chips are put out every day. It would be nice to have the same quality of reception that other Embassy Suites serve, especially with the price of the rooms here!
Lunch will cost you about $10 at the grill. A tropical drink at the poolside bar (served in a clear plastic cup) was almost $11. They no longer serve pizza and there is no ice cream pool side.
Pools always appeared clean and clear, even into the evening time. There are a lot of pool chairs, but people still are up at 7am "saving" chairs. We never had a problem locating a chair after coming back from the beach.
The Kingston Plantation is a very nice resort area and the grounds are well maintained. We enjoy just walking around the area. It is a very easy walk out to the pizza place at the entrance and the pizza was worth the walk and reasonably priced.
The location to the shopping and the major intersection is also a huge plus for choosing to stay here. It is about a 10 minute trip to Broadway at the Beach.
Parking can be a challenge, especially if there is a large convention. Do not leave during the day, if you do not want a hassle trying to find a place to park when you return. Parking is 8.99 plus tax daily. This does amaze me, as it is the same parking that has been there for years and now they charge for it???
Overall, we enjoy this resort and that is why we continue to patronize it, but with a few easy touches, such as the housekeeping, it would be even better. (p.s. I would NOT book this hotel if you are a couple only... during the summer months...lots of kids everywhere!)

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Based on some of the reviews I read, I was a bit concerned about the property. However, we were very happy with the hotel. The lobby was clean and beautiful, the room spacious and well maintained, and the staff kind and helpful. We had a corner suite on the 17th floor...I think one of the larger ones. It fit our family of 5 quite well. The beds are a bit small (double, I think), but big enough to share one adult, one child. We travel with an air mattress so all of the boys in the family get their own bed. The bathroom arragement is great though, with sinks outside of the toilet, shower so more than one person can get ready at a time.
Breakfast was great. Very crowded later in the morning, but we were there early each am and never waited - even for fresh eggs. The elevators are busy in the am - and a bit slow - but was never an issue for us!
I would come back again!!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have been staying at The Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation for years. We love the atmosphere and the ammentities that come with all Embassy's. Free hot breakfast buffet and omlet station, plus managers reception every night. Free drinks and snacks every night!!! While staying here we always take advantage of Splash waterpark, which is included for free with your stay. My son and i go play tennis at the Sports club, $15 for clinics, but not bad compared to some resorts where it is 20-25 for an hour clinic. We enjoy hitting with John A who has been there for as long as we have been going there. There are bike trails, ponds, and lots of room for outdoor adventuires while staying there. You also get access to all the amentities at the neighboring Hilton, if you so desire. We usually rent a Cabana for a day for a change of scenery. The Embassy also has a kids club for activities, but my children have grown out of that now. They have live entertainment and a nice stage for dancing and fun games. I would highly recommend this place. More of a family place. Oh, and if you like Golf, the course is right around the corner and if you reserve thru the concierge it is cheaper then a phone reservation. The best thing that I like is that they provide a shuttle service for about a two mile radius and we never had to drive to dinner at night if we went off the property. It is a plus if you decide to hang at the managers reception a little to long :-)

Room Tip: FYI rooms that are Oceanfront are a little smaller than the Oceanview.