Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #19 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We booked for a conference through the Embassy Suites but all their rooms were full so we were offered a villa instead. I was impressed by the condition of the villa. You always see the best pics online but since they're independently owned you never really know what you're going to get. Ours was a 2nd level, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with a kitchen and balcony. I had a huge room with a king bed. Both bedrooms and the living room had flat screen tvs. It was well decorated and in a quiet location close to the front gates. The grounds were really pretty and well kept. It seemed to be a safe, quiet location. I loved knowing there was a security officer at the gate. Parking was free and shaded. The Embassy itself is in a great location right on the beach. The pool and hot tub and surrounding areas were clean and had plenty of loungers for May. Having a Starbucks onsite was a plus too.

Cons: We were so far away from the Embassy we had to drive to everything - meetings, pool, beach - that might be a pain with children. Housekeeping was a joke. It consisted of emptying our trash and throwing the bedspread on the unmade bed. Our kitchen counter had crumbs all over it when we arrived. They took our dirty towels but didn't replace them and we had to call the front desk for more toilet paper. Also, though we reserved with our company credit card, my own personal credit card was charged a hold (which was refunded after a couple of days) after the front desk told it they kept only the card number for incidentals. When we checked out my personal card was again charged a resort fee. If you're going to charge a resort fee just be upfront about it and add it to the regular bill.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,841)

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Stayed two nights as a Hilton Rewards Member who cashed in some points for the stay. Was rewarded by a room that overlooked a roof and loud air conditioners that could be heard thru closed doors.
Thats said its a nice room, very clean and good housekeeping. Staff was all fine by issue is with the birds that seem to have taken over the pool area and inside the breakfast area.
Tried to sit by the pool, everything was covered in bird poop and there seemed to be endless amounts of birds in the trees and flying everywhere. I am not sure what the hotel can do about it, but there must be something because havent had this issue at any other hotel.
The worst was the birds came into the brekfast area and were flying around while we were trying to eat. Swooping birds kept landing on the tables and probably the food, which grossed me out. Staff didnt seem to care, apparently its the way it is.
Speaking of the breakfast, thank god its free because most of it was cold and the eggs were powdered not real. Lots of better places to stay in the area without this issue. Will so that next time.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This was one of my most enjoyable stay at any hotel. The view was breathtaking and it was lovely watching the sun come up in the morning and the sound of the waves on the shore.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Doris041
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I love this resort especially "Embassy Suites". It is a good value especially when travelling with your family. You get your full hot & cold breakfast and managers reception included. We met several families that could have gone to another place that is cheaper, but would eventually cost them more with all the extra add ons. Besides there is a lot more to do at this resort and surrounding area. I forgot to mention the complimentary shuttle bus that takes you to and picks you up in the surrounding area.
I am looking forward to my next visit sometime in September/October.

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are much bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Everything was perfect. The staff was very helpful and polite. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2011

This was my first stay at an Embassy Suite hotel. I was able to get a really good deal on an oceanview room via military discount. I had a 2 room suite w/2 beds on a high floor. Although I wasn't impressed w/the housekeeping crew at this location, I did become quickly fascinated w/the following: 1. the hotel is located on the grounds of Kingston Plantation which has many nice condos, beautiful landscapings, and a private entrance. 2. the room's oceanview was more amazing than any other hotel I've stayed at w/the same kind of view 3. Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries are provided 4. there's a Starbucks in the lobby 5. complimentary breakfast (It was very satisfying & offered more than pastries & bagels.) My stay was peaceful & the weather was beautiful. I may try to return next time for leisure.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank oranjpekoe
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Everything about this hotel was good. Had a couple of issues with the heating/cooling and the door that were resolved immediately. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
#6 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort

Address: 9800 Queensway Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572-5266 (Formerly Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach at Kingston Plantation)
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Top resorts Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#6 Business Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#8 Romantic Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#14 On the Beach Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#34 Family Hotel in Myrtle Beach
Price Range: $139 - $359 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort 3.5*
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort is the perfect place for family vacations, conferences and groups events, and even romantic getaways. The Embassy Suites offers luxurious two-room suites, and the resort features a golf course, tennis, Splash Water Park, oceanfront dining, and a full activities schedule during the summer months. Join us for your next Myrtle Beach Vacation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach At Kingston Plantation Hotel Myrtle Beach