“Great inexpensive stay!”

Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach
Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
“Great inexpensive stay!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My sister and I stayed at this hotel August 22-24, 2013. Had a room on the first floor, near the pool (which, yes, is very small). We both agreed that the room was great, especially for what we paid! The bathroom was spotless, and the room was plenty big for the two of us.

The lady at the front desk, Nikki, was very nice. When we called the front desk to ask for an ice bucket, we were told that they were kept at the front desk. I went to the front desk and she already had one sitting there, ready for me. :)

Also, the fire alarm randomly went off the morning of our check out. We called the front desk to report it and they immediately sent someone to inspect it.The situation was remedied within minutes.

My only complaint (if you even want to call it that) was that the pillows were a bit on the small side. Thankfully, I had brought my own pillow, so the three pillows together were decent enough for a couple of nights. To be fair, though, I sleep on several pillows at home, so other people may have no issue with the pillows.

I would have no hesitation in staying here again the next time we are in Myrtle Beach. Great price, nice room, and we always felt safe. Thank you for a great stay. :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Deanna B
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks so much for noticing and mentioning our great staff! We work hard to ensure each guest has a terrific stay. It's nice to be appreciated. See you again real soon.

Patricia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I took a mini vacation in Myrtle and stayed here for three days. I enjoyed it, however, my friends did not. I will now list the pros and the cons of our experience.

PROS:

- It has a kitchen, so we were able to save tons of money on food. Myrtle beach was already expensive enough.
- The bathroom was super clean! I'm a germaphobe and I felt comfortable with the bathroom.
- The room was a great size for four people.
- The shower water never went cold. I take 30-45 minute showers and three other people had too right after me.

CONS:
- When we first checked in, they assigned us to a room that was already IN USE! Very awkward. And unorganized on their part. Doesn't it show up in your system?
- There was a very smoky smell throughout the hallway.
- The housekeepers working our whole stay were incredibly rude.
- We didn't get any extra towels and paying the same price as an average hotel, I'd hoped we would have housekeeping service daily.

Overall though, I enjoyed my stay. I personally would come back. My friends though, they say different. But I'm the one writing the review sooo :)

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor. LOTS OF NOISE!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Katiemarieg
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you have decided you to come back again! I'm sorry that the housekeepers weren't more friendly to you, that's unusual and they think they will do better the next time you stay :-)

Maybe your friends will give us another try too. See you soon.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a great, inexpensive option. Close to everything.
I wanted to comment on the 2 members of the staff that staff here the really stood out: Jay at the front desk does an amazing job, and will go out of his way to help you. He has a perfect attitude. Also, when I was checking in at the same time as 20 other families, Jamika, the hotel manager was cool and calm in a very uncomfortable crowd that just want their rooms. I was impressed. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank henryp517
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
THANK YOU! I appreciate your review and taking the time to notice our staff! Jay and Jamika are 2 of the best! Proud to call them ours!

See you next time!
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ended up switching rooms, the first room we got assigned to hadn't even been cleaned and the AC barely worked at all. No AC is a deal breaker for me at the beach of all places. But after we got our 2nd room it was fairly clean, beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean. Service was mediocre and kind of hectic at the front desk, best way was to use the room phone. There was no order or line to be noticed while trying to talk to someone at the front desk and they just picked and chose who they thought was next. Not too much to complain about though considering I was trying to find the cheapest possible way to stay and their prices were the best to have average reviews.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in room 250.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CarJunkey2010
Well, if we weren't able to impress you in July, maybe we can convince you in the fall. Times do get a bit hectic in July with so many people coming to the ocean. Maybe you will try us again in a little less busy time....We're working to SHINE!

Thanks for the review,
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The staff was great: professional, courteous, knowledgable and friendly (Jay/Priscilla/Matthew)! &, it was Bike Week but they didn't "jack" the rates. I plan to stay there, again, next visit to the Grand Strand . . .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fhsmct
Thanks for the great review! We appreciate that you found us and will be back again!
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Have not stayed here yet but really looking forward to our stay I have called Jay a lot trying to plan for my trip of 8 days and he has been up most helpful he answered questions my choice hotels couldn't answer for me and even made notes of stuff I need before I even arrive! I put up another review after I stay! But just think Jay should get two thumbs up for going above and beyond to help me

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amber S
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
2 Thumbs Up indeed! Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I called on April 3rd to request rates for a month long stay. I told them the approximate dates I needed and Jay gave me a 30 day rate of $33 per night, he told me don't worry just call back as soon as you can confirm the exact date. I called back 2 weeks later to lock in the dates that were the exact same as I had given Jay. Nikki quotes me a price of $79 per night for a 30 day rental.
I told her about what I had been quoted she says Sorry, nothing I can do. Needless to say i found a different place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank David J
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I'm so sorry you had this problem. Yes, it was a communication error. Our rates do fluctuate, I spoke with Nikki and offered a better response that perhaps we could have returned your call to work something out. If you have found a place you are happy with, I'm glad. If we can be of further assistance don't hesitate to call.
I hope you are enjoying your time in Myrtle Beach!

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels