“Alot of miscommunication & drugs”

Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach
“Alot of miscommunication & drugs”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

First I was excited to stay at Suburban when discuss rate over phone with jamika upon my arrival &checking in rate changed. I continued my stay & was offered $40/night rate on 15 days stay..I work a full-time job with various hours and explained that rate was gd but would be paying weekly rate instead of 2 week rate. I was placed on floor & upon stepping off elevator was greeted by strong odor of marijuana and other guests hanging in hallway like they was on street corner. I've seen several transactions being placed and to my surprise Suburban condones this of their guests because they have blunt wraps in vendor machine. Staff does not communicate on what rate or status of guest for pass weeks I've heard I have pass due balance but I pay on weekly basis so if I get paid after 12 while I'm at work until when I return and no staff is at desk. I have to go to comfort suites get card reactivated and pay late fee. My question is why when agreement has been made and management has knowledge of my pay scale then to pay week rate I owe and agreed upon be locked out like a homeless person. Left message several times for management and no response so I'm out over $300 & when I go to work and return locked out again. Wonder what I owe now being that management is only one authorized to charge my visa to room. After all the good things I heard was all lies. By the way head management is on premises when she wants to be..I moved here to be closer to my job and savings but with all the different staff telling different stories I will be leaving.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank brevard123
SuburbanGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
I'm very sorry you had difficulties with us. I have attempted to reseach each of your stated issues but have not been able to find you. I have reviewed voice messages and written messages for any sign of mixed up rates or requests for me to call, I have nothing. Additionally, we do not charge "late fees". I can't find any charges like that in our computer systems. Your message sounds like you may still be on property and I would be happy to talk to you, get this all worked out. The Memorial Day weekend was very busy and we were filled to capacity. It is unfortunate that some guests did not respect the property or other guests. If you have stayed with us for 15 or more days, you know that is not the normal at our hotel.
Please read the other recent reviews as this experience seems very unusual.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I went through kayak and booked my stay with them. It was the best value for my money! i loved the fact that it had a full kitchen. not only was the staff nice and very helpful but but they went out of their way to help us. it was nice that i could cook dinner rather than spending major money going out, and it was also nice that i could do my laundry that way i never ran out of clothes. the hotel was also in a very convenient location, it was by every place we wanted to go to.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank karen t
Thank you for your assessment and recommendation! All of us at the Suburban Extended Stay take pride in keeping our property safe and clean. We love that we are able to provide the cookware and furnishings at such an inexpensive rate/night. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again. :-)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Human behavior has always been a fascination of mine, but there are some people that I will just never be able to understand. When given the opportunity to "comment", why do most people believe that means "complain"? Here at The Suburban, I have NO reason to complain because it is, undoubtedly, one of the best hotels, best deals and best locations in Myrtle Beach.

I have been an extended stay guest for almost 3 years. The staff treats everyone like family, with great respect and consideration. If I were to compliment staff members, I would have to list EVERYONE by name..............management, the front desk, the housekeeping department and the maintenance department. Whatever your needs may be, this hotel has the resources and the knowledge to help you. I am ALWAYS greeted by each staff member with a smile and warm "Hello", rather unique in the world we live in today.

My room has all the amenities I could ever ask for. The hotel is always clean. I frequently find housekeepers dusting the hallways and even washing the doors to the rooms. The front desk team keeps the lobby pristine, making sure that guests are greeted by the obvious appearance and scent of cleanliness. The maintenance department is ALWAYS "Johnny on the spot" when there is an issue that requires their attention (which, in my three years, has been rare).

Location? Well, my friend, it doesn't get any better than this! The hotel is minutes from the beach,, The Boardwalk The Coastal Grand Mall, Tanger Outlet, Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach Airport and much much more! The hotel's location at 501 and 17 Bypass makes for the PERFECT central location to visit both North Myrtle Beach, Little River and Calabash AND Murrell's Inlet, Pawley's Island, and Litchfield. The golf courses nearby are simply too numerous to mention! Myrtle Beach is packed FULL of restaurants. If you've had a long day and don't feel like going back out in traffic, the front desk can certainly assist you with local restaurants offering delivery of delicious food. Once again, the hotel staff can assist you with all your needs in a prompt fashion!!!

What more can you ask for? The PRICE is terrific! The LOCATION is terrific! The HOTEL is terrific! The STAFF is terrific! After reading some of the other reviews, I would like to add that this is DEFINITELY NOT the same experience they speak of. Apparently, there has been a HUGE management and staff change because I don't recognize ANY of the individuals they described. When one comes to The Suburban, they are treated VERY WELL! I would NOT have stayed here this long otherwise!

11/30/2011

Consider The Suburban for your next stay in Myrtle Beach! You will NOT be disappointed!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank FurPurrPaws
myrtle beach
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Location, Location, Location, I am sure you have heard these words before. However, I have lived here off and on since 2004. It is access to all the major highways and is 10 minuets from the beach, 10 minuets from Broadway at the Beach, and the Sky Wheel. Wal-mart, Pharmacy, Restaurants, and the Coastal Grand Mall is 5 minuets closer, without all the traffic. What a deal! Everything you need just minuets away. You will not find a place in Myrtle Beach with such location.
I can't say enough about the staff! Very friendly and most efficient, what every you need for your stay. For the price, one of the best places to stay while you are at the beach. Rooms are very clean and are well equipped, stove, refrigerator, microwave, tv, free internet, phone service, laundry room, and out door pool. Lastly one of the most pleasant places to stay. We have some people who have lived here for years such as a High School Football Coach, College Football Coach, An Actor in Movies, and a video person. All -in- All just a great place to stay and very inexpensive.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank john s
Evans City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 17, 2011

When I had gone to desk to check in after very long straight drive from midwest - 2 people at desk a man & woman - not sure if it was shift change - mind you lobby is not as pictured with 2 confy chairs to sit down & relax - long table with a bunch of brochures on it (tacky) - coffee pot at end of table - of which I guess they served coffee in the am daily - not exactly sure since no one really told me - it was obvious I was from out town / state - when I asked about restaurants the guy just waived his arm in some direction behind him and spoke to me as if I was from around there - nice way to start off our stay - upon completion of check in - again the man waived his arm in some direction behind me and told me that it was down over there again as if I had been there before. After finally finding the room - it was in a great location - close to pool & parking - room a bit tight for 4 - not enough seating for all to sit to eat or enjoy tv - coffee pot in room but was not informed coffee had to be pourchased seperate - full size fridge, microwave & stove helped save money when it came to meals, not enough storage in bathroom - would have been nice to have more shelves or hooks or something - you would think being an extended stay property. Had asked for directions and info another time at desk & this time received what I should have originally received at checki in directions to popular attractions - but still needed info for another location - I was informed if I came back later they would have them - they didn't - when they did finally get them - it was too late we figured it out how to get where we were going. I had done my research about the hotel - having a family with 3 children & knowing rooms are not cleaned daily was a bit of a concern - as quoted on there website "Weekly housekeeping. Daily housekeeping available upon request only, for an additional charge." - I even called to inquire to confirm what I had read - of which the man that answered confirmed & said if needed I have to let the desk know in the am. - well sure enough one of my daughter's had an accident of which I called down to the desk to ask for service for the day since we would be out - the lady that answered said I was not due for service & to bring the soiled linens down when I was ready to change them out - not happy with the answer - we went out for the day - when I returned, brought the soiled linens to the desk & ask if the cleaning policy had changed from when I had read it on their website & when I had called - he couldn't answer me and asked if I had asked for a manager in the am if I didn't like what I heard - I had informed him that I wasn't trying to get anyone in trouble I just wanted to know if the policy had changed - again no direct response - he just kept referring me to contact management - way to take ownership!!! Oh, by the way we found the laundry by accident - again you would think someone would inform me at check in knowing we would be staying for a week!! Next day went to desk saw the same woman from the day before - did not bother - they do have a phone in lobby with the "in house manager's" # when I called some man answered with a hello? I asked for the manager - was informed manager was out of town couldn't some one help me at the desk - again what is the point of an in house manager if they are not in house - I had left a message with name & room # - no one ever called!!! - Front desk staff needs to get it together & take ownership & responsibility of co-workers!!! You are in the hospitality business it is your job to assist the guests!!! - So sad!! Must mention housekeeper employees we encountered in the hallway were very kind & helpful!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you know exactly where your room is at check in - so you are not driving around trying to...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank cntrr773

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the Suburban in Myrtle Beach. I was greeted by Darron Strand. He checked me in, retrieved a luggage cart for me, answered my questions and made himself available for other issues. I must say this unusual for any hotel to have an employee who takes their job seriously. It was so refreshing. And it will assure that I will stay at this Suburban again. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 26, 2011

very clean place.staff great and helpful close to everything also very good guest services!!!!!!!

Room Tip: all my family stayed here my mother very picky she loved her stay!please her please the world!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
SuburbanGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay of Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thanks for choosing Suburban Extended Stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the spring! Bring Friends!
:-)