“pieceful”
Review of Sea Cove Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Cove Motel
Ranked #183 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I have stayed at his hotel numerous times. After reading the other reviews,I decided to make sure I leave a positive review. This is a quiet hotel for couples or small families. Helen is the manager and she does not mess around. If you hace come to the beach to have some fun and relax this is the place to stay. If you want to party and carry on or have a bunch of kids that act like maniacs, you should go some place else. The hotel is clean and we have never had any problems or seen any bugs and it is in a great location!You are able to sit on your balcony and watch the people and cars on Ocean Boulevard. For those customers who are disrespectful. loud, inconsiderate of others vacations or property or who want to drink and act like fools, you might want to consider another place. Otherwise this is a great place to spend your vacation. I would recomment it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank purplepassion15

Reviewed July 28, 2009

We went to the beach for a family WEDDING. My neice and her family rented a cottage from Sea Cove. The first night there, there was a gang fight in front of the cottage. When my neice complained to the owner she did not even care. Then she constantly screamed at the kids in the pool so they had to play on the beach. Then she fussed about the kids playing in the gravel. Then she called me on my cellphone to scream at my neice about the kids that were at the cottage with there father. She constantly walked her dog around the cottage and we feel that she was spying. My neice informed her that her brother was getting married Saturday on the beach and then would be having a small non alcohol reception at the cottage with some other family that were staying at other hotels for the wedding. She said okay but that visitors could not play in the pool and that visitors could not stay late. All was good or so we thought. We were coming back from the wedding when the owner screamed at my 80 year old crippled mother to get off the property. She was not a tenant and all vistors were to leave immediately. Then to make matters worse, she called 911. Two police officers rode up on bicycles and she instructed them to evict my neice and her family. We did not have time to toast the new bride and groom or even cut the cake. We had to throw away over $200 worth of food in the trash because we had to leave that moment. She single handedly ruined this couples wedding reception. We will NEVER stay there again but will tell all of our friends/family so this never happens to anyone we personally know again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
7  Thank gsbird
Reviewed July 28, 2009

the service was horrible ,we had to clean up our on room,not one time did they come to ask to clean the room,but they didn't mind coming to see what was going on over there. she evicted us 1 day early for having a visitor come to our room.the staff screamed at my kids for playing to loud in the pool. then she ran them out of the pool and so we went back to the room and then she preceded to walk over there and scream at my kids once again for playing in the rocks.this hotel is not worth the money that we paid .our vacation was ruined,she would not give us a refund so we had to go home because we paid $835.00 for thursday-sunday and we was kicked out at 10:00pm at night.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank crystaldanny
Reviewed August 29, 2008

First of all the owner was completly rude to our family. The service was horiable, our power kept going out, electrian stated the air conditioners were to small for the rooms plus we had to keep empting to water out of the air conditioner, we had to buy a fan just to stay cool, had to request for a phone to be brought to room and they never answered our calls, hardly brought towels to the room, never brought toilet paper, only vacumed one of our rooms 1 time and never vacumed the other, never changed sheets. There were roaches everywhere. The article stated that the hotel had wireless interenet and when I asked about it the owner told me that I would have to go across the street to the restuarant to get online. There were so many problems with one of our rooms that we asked to change rooms and the owner said that it wasn't posable b/c then she'd have to clean the room we were currently in.
The owner nit picked and complained about everything. First she complained about having to vacum a little sand out of the hallways and said that we needed to wash off from the beach..then complained about having to mop up the little bit of water left from rinsing off. NO signs are posted about no refunds, yet the owner refused to give us our money back so we could go to another hotel since we were unsatisfied with the service. She ended up getting us evicted 2 days early b/c we had someone visit us in our room who didn't even stay the night. We paid $1,000 for 2 rooms for 6 nights, and this hotel wasn't worth $100. I will never recomend anyone to stay here.
The only people we saw working at the hotel was the owner and one other woman. They were nosey and constantly trying to check in our rooms. I used red bath wash on a washclothe and they made a comment about having to buy another one. We even offered to take out our own trash out to keep them from looking in our room so much. They would come get the trash, wait a while to bring towels, and the wait even longer to come check on things again.
The balconies are NOT safe for children my daighter could fit right through the cracks. Don't even think about swimming in the pool or you will get yelled at for splashing since there are plants around the pool.
This hotel completly ruined our family vacation and myrtle beach experiance. No wonder we were the only guests that stayed there longer than 1 night. We over heard the owner stateing that she double booked rooms, so we would have to switch rooms or leave.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank chrystal1dalya