“Going down hill fast”

Ranked #168 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Going down hill fast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this property several times in the past few years. First when it was a Comfort Inn to now changing to an Econo Lodge. This property is going down hill fast. I would suggest if you care about your property you will do something fast before it's to late. I had 2 rooms. 1st room: safety is horrible. Balcony door will not secure!!!! Will not lock. Carpet stained in numerous places....shower curtain torn..ac vent area dirty... 2nd room: sink drain will not drain properly.... upon entering room tv was on. Table was in middle of floor between the 2 beds. Carpet was better than 1st room. Breakfast consist of bread, waffle, muffins, danishes, cereal, juice and coffee. Outside pool not opened yet. Inside pool was open. Whirlpool not open either. It was so so stay but can tell hotel is going down hill since being a comfort inn.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

this was the only hotel we were able to get since we didn't realize that it was spring break for a lot of kids. Worse decision ever!!! The hallways all need major attention. The looked liked they had not been vacuumed in weeks...papers all over the floor...a roll a way bed left unmade in the hallway. Now to our room.....OMG!! Bed number one had sheets with holes in them, bed number two had marks on them like from them being old and worn. Mold on the bathroom floor in the corner of the shower, dusty all over the toilet paper holder, they needed to do better plastering on the wall, the shower head pipe was coming out the wall, rust stains on the shower rail, the lock to the balcony was messed up and when u walked in the light would flicker when on. The other worse thing was you could smell people smoking illegal drugs but as if the hotel employees actually cared. At check in the employee was just hanging around joking with a bunch of people was hard to even make it into the hotel. This is absolutely the worse please to stay and would NOT recommend it to anyone. Oh and our soul purpose of choosing this hotel was because it had an indoor pool. Worse mistake. The pool was nasty, the whirlpool/Jacuzzi was closed and nasty and the 1ft for the kids was the worse of them all. The whole place was nasty the floor was dirty and wires in a corner were exposed. Look like no one ever cleaned the pool area. Very sad because we really were hoping and looking forward on enjoying a nice long swim in a so called heated pool. (temp of pool was chill...I did NOT dare to step foot in that nasty pool but unfortunately my husband did only to test the water with his foot. it was way to nasty to actually fully get in and swim. For this being a Choice Hotel I honestly thought they had better standards boy was I wrong. For my husband first stay in Myrtle Beach (which I've been trying to get him to visit for a year now) was the worse ever!!! The owners of this hotel in my opinion do NOT care about this hotel and it is making the Choice Standards fall way down.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jj4098

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

the pictures were decieving. overall the hotel bed and bathroom was clean,but the rest was not the best. all I wanted to do was get some sleep then get out.coffe and food not availabe untill 7am.didnt get any.more a place for spring breakers.would not stay there again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank peggy m
Wellford, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is an older hotel and it just changed from Comfort Inn to Econo Lodge. It was clean and the beds were good so that is my biggest thing.
We have stayed here many times and this time was on points so we didn't pay for it. For the cost of this hotel I don't know if we will stay again.
There was a large (3-4") burn in the carpet. There were kids pj's left in the closet, the tv channels were few and the keys didn't work all the time.
If they update a few things it would be great.

Room Tip: It is clean and great location.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We got the cheapest lodge available in Myrtle Beach since this was my first trip with my friends. But I'll never make such a mistake again. I am a student and I know how it feels to not have enough money to spend while you go out. But make sure you get a good hotel even if it is a bit costly because your travel experience will be good only if you stay at decent hotels. List of things that were bad - uncomfortable bed, smelly old sheets , must be a 20yr old TV , lighting of the room was tacky , didn't feel like taking a bath in the bathroom.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Frank G, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your comment. We regret that we did not meet your expectations. We will look into the issues you had and fix them. Again the staff and I apologize for not meeting your expectations.
Goose Creek, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Upon arrival at checkin I was told that my room price total was $10 more then the price that was on my confirmation. I was under the impression that the hotel had continental breakfast and the hot tub would be up and running to find out that they didn't have breakfast and the hot tub wasn't running. We were told that the hotel was switching over to the Rodeway Inn and they no longer used choice privilege which I am a member. I was also told that it was the hotel's first day opening since winter. We went to our room to find the toilet not working. I phoned the desk to let them know, left for dinner and came back to the hotel at 10pm. I went to my room and attempted to open the door but my room keys did not work and the guy working at the desk left earlier then he was suppose to. There was a note left on the office door saying the office will reopen on 3/8/14 at 7am so we were stuck out of our room where our belongings were for 45 minutes with no one there to help us get in our room. It was freezing cold and my 6 year old nephew had to urinate off the side of the balcony because we couldn't get in the room. He was very upset and crying. I decided to go next door to the Days Inn where the nice desk clerk called her manager to get in contact with the maintenance man who also work at Rodeway Inn. I was informed that the guy at the desk who checked us in was suppose to still be working. The maintenance guy came quickly and redid our keys that finally let us in the room. Our heating unit even when on 85 was blowing cold air. I will never stay here again and would never recommend this hotel to anyone. They should close down!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Artasia K
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for not having a continental breakfast, but that is not something that we offer at this time. We have checked your room and fixed the issues with AC unit, and would like to apologize again for the problems you had.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Unfortunately our experience was not up to expectations. Room 204 has an undeniable smell of mold; my grandmother had to keep her door open while she was in the room. Additionally, while I was knocking on her door, a housekeeper came behind me and simply opened the door for me, without me even asking her to. She had just checked into the room so there is no way housekeeping could have known we were family. Having worked in the industry many years, this is a severe violation of universal hotel policy. Upon checking into room 208, the door latch was holding the door open. The room had stains on the carpet, peeling paint on the walls, rust on anything that could possibly rust, brown liquid in the bottom of the fridge, a balcony door that would not shut unless locked, and probably the biggest disappointment; an ac that flooded the balcony throughout our entire stay. Neither of these should be rented, but the lady at the desk claims the hotel was sold out. On 6/22/2013, we stopped by the desk at 7am to request towels, the older man said housekeeping would be in at 9am and service our room. By 1pm nobody had yet been to our room. When we left the room around 1:30pm we asked the housekeeper to service our room while we were gone. When we came back, nothing had been done expect she left towels. The beds were not made, the trash was not taken out, nothing but towels.

To make matters worse, I have sent multiple emails to the GM with no response.

As a travel agent, I am so glad I know about this location as I will no longer refer ANYONE here. I have done my research and found plenty of other options for my customers with furry friends. Please contact me @ evan@getmetheretravels.com ....There are MUCH better options than this "hotel".

Room Tip: Stay away please
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family