“1st review of 2...... mediocre.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #181 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying I am a choice member. We stayed in room 606. We stayed two nights. My mom and sister stayed one night that is and will be my second review.

I guess I expected more. I paid $240 for 2 nights Thurs/Fri. I had the "suite". All of the reviews and they weren't far off after staying here. You get what yiu oay for. Rates are semi decent. The room was ok. A/C was nice in cold in the room but it was seperated in a seperate room from the beds and was a lil stuffy in the bedroom. The bathroom is very small for a big person. The tub looked brand new which was nice. I would of slept in it. The beds were not made with new bedding. There was a long hair on the sheets. The balacony is nice but cheap chairs and one was broken. The view is great. Fir two days I never saw cleaning ladies like u do in other hotels in the hallways. They put 2 towels and a wash cloth in the room for 5 people. The pull out sofa bes was a joke. The mattress might was welll of been a piece cardboard.

If you truly don't care where you lay your head then this place will work for you. I was thinking it couldn't be as bad as reviews but it is. The pictures on website are nothing like what it is in real life.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Dear Sir or Mad'am,

We would like to come back next summer of 2014. We would like to see new paint on the cement walls all external only. Off white. (not beige or yellow)
Nice & friendly people who work there. Good job! :)

Kathryn

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank Kathryn S. L
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was the nastiest hotel I have EVER stepped foot in. My room was infested with huge cockroaches. When I went down to complain and demand my refund, the hotel clerk's response was, "what are you wanting me to do? You're at the beach, what do you expect?" And THEN asked if I wanted him to move me to a different room. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I get that SC has cockroaches, I've seen them before outdoors, but they are NOT supposed to be in your room. That is just a pure sign of dirtiness. The worst part was that they were nesting in the nightstand drawer, right beside of the bed! They were crawling under the bed and everything. Not only was it infested with these dirty bugs, but the staff was very rude, the balcony door wouldn't even close all the way (there were huge cracks leading outside), and it was just all around very dirty. I have NO idea how this place is considered a Choice Hotel. I am very disappointed. I hope nobody makes the mistake I did and chooses to stay here! PLEASE, don't waste your money or vacation on this place!!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose this place!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoAnna R
Reviewed August 6, 2013

on 8/2/2013 we arrived at this hotel after booking it over the phone. we viewed the pics that the hotel has posted online, WOW. what a mislead this was. the pics that they displayed is nothing to what you see when you walk into the front lobby. and what a bigger surprise you get when you move toward the elevators. the carpet is filthy. the elevator is nasty, and very small. and if you are booked for the 6th floor, think about leaving all your luggage in your car, because the elevator only goes to the 5th floor and you have to carry all your luggage up the flight of stairs to the 6th floor.
the rooms are very small, dingy looking sheets, and very poor pillows. the cable tv they advertise is not true. the channels do not line up with the programming, and the mattress that was on the sleeper sofa looked like something they had dragged from the beach that a storm had left behind.
our room for 2 nights was NOT cleaned, and the beds was not made, all the house keepers did was to restock the coffee, and 2 towels in the bathroom for a 5 person family.
also allow me to make mention that the original room that they had booked for us was NOT cleaned. the face bowl had dried up crusty toothpaste left ALL over it, and the bathroom was a shame.
The GM did up grade us to a suite, which was a bit bigger, but not by much.
this hotel, and their advertisments is a joke. think long and hard before you book here.

The Corley family

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

When i arrived at the motel i found out that Kayak and Booking.com had allowed me to pay for this location but put my reservation at a different non-ocean front property. Kristen at the front desk was kind and patient and advised me how to fix this. She even got on the phone with booking.com and helped. This is an older motel. Beds were fine. Room size average. TV was a bit dark as it is now needing replacement. Easy to walk to beach and once parked you never need to drive again. Underground parking keeps car out of the sun. Pool is clean, hot tub fun and you just step out to the beach. If you need a fancy room then this isn't the place. If you treasure the ocean and beach then this isn't bad. I would suggest they put weather strip around the doors to save on a/c costs and to keep the beach bugs and spiders out of the rooms.
Joyce, the general manager, is one of the friendliest and most competent hospitality employees you will ever meet.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor to make it easy to walk to the office and street. Probably a high-up ocean...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Okay first I have to say that I stayed at this hotel last year so that is why I chose to stay again. I did not read the reviews beacuse I alrteady knew that I was going to stay. This hotel is not brand new.... but when all the other hotels are charging 150$ and up then I am fine with the room I got at Econo Lodge what do you excpect if the rate is under $100. I had ocean front...clean sheets... refrigerator and microwave.....what else did I need? NOTHING!! They did have a breakfast I did not enjoy the breakfast beacuse I never made it to breakfast but the kids filled their bellies just fine. They have a pool and an indoor hot tub. I don't know the guy's name that checked me in but he was Awsome! The housekeepers and maintance men all would tell me to have fun and enjoy the beach. I had a great time!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Myrtle Beach celebrating our daughter's 21st birthday with her. We chose this hotel because my wife is a rewards member and it was right on the beach. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that the view was amazing. Outside of that I have nothing good to contribute to this review.

We had rented a "suite" that consisted of a bathroom just inside the door, then a "bedroom" just beyond that with 2 double beds, then another small room just beyond that with a loveseat, mini fridge, microwave and tv.

The rooms were filthy, highly outdated, and in desperate need of repair. There was a mass of hair in the tub, the carpets, tile floors, and love seat looked dirty, and the sheets and pillow cases were stained. There were too many things broken in this room to list them all, and they left us no cups, no coffee maker, no ice bucket liner, nothing. When they finally brought us a coffee maker the next day, it didn't work either and you had to keep touching the On button to get it to stay on long enough to make a cup of coffee.

The balcony only had one cheap plastic chair for a suite that could sleep six people, and the AC looked as though it was about to fall on the floor. There were gaps in the main and balcony doors that allowed you to see outside.

Walking to your room you pass a hot tub that stunk badly and gagged you as you walked by. The elevator looks as though it is from the days when elevators were first invented and doesn't even tell you what floor it's currently on so you have to wait for the door to open so you can read the signs on the hall wall to know where you're at. As you walk down the hall to your room you pass the AC units for other rooms which have metal vents that are rusted, bent and sticking out. A major safety hazard, especially if you're traveling with small children. They also leak water all over the carpet in the hall.

The man who works the desk at night should not have a job. When we checked in he just handed us our keys, didn't tell us where to park or where the room was even located. Then when we called to tell him about all of the things missing, broken, and dirty with our room his response was that we could leave.

This is definitely not a place we will ever visit again, and I hope this review helps to spare others from having to deal with the same disgusting experience we had to deal with!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family