“Clean, Quiet, Fun place to stay!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Lakewood Camping Resort
Marshville, North Carolina
“Clean, Quiet, Fun place to stay!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

This was the first time taking our 37' camper to the beach and it definitely wont be the last. This campground has lots of activities for little kids as well as the teens. There's putt-putt, paddle boats, pools, slides, and kids clubs. In the evening people cruise in the rented golf carts and the kids feel safe riding their bikes EVERYWHERE. I would definitely recommend this campground.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Commerce GA
Reviewed January 20, 2010

The most fun rv park ever. If you have teenagers take them here for summer vacation. Activities include mini golf the hippo slide Its right on the beach fishing arcade coffe shop rental bikes paddle boats. I dont want to go anywere else I love this place to much I have made many friends here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Amtraktraveller
Virginia
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We stayed 3 days for the Bluegrass Festival, so we didn't use a lot of the available facilities. The park was quiet and the bathhouse was clean with plenty of hot water. My only quibble is that "free wifi" isn't really free if you have to make a purchase in the coffee shop to use it. But we found the signal to be quite good and worth the price of a cup of coffee. We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I have been a teacher here in South Carolina for nearly 5 years. I am a single mom of four (age 13, 10, 8, 3)--my ten year old is autistic-- and I take care of my disabled mom...needless to say, money is super tight. Living here 5 years, affordable or not, it was time for my kids to see the ocean for the first time. We did our homework to get the best deal. We found Lakewood on the internet and thought it looked and sounded great! Their online booking system was screwing up a bit when we tried to book, so we called in about a tent site. We told her it was our first time ever, and she said not to worry, they'd make sure it was great...and they did! The pool was awesome and so super clean. The water activities were so much fun, and the people were great! All but one was super kind (hippo slide girl, who decided to intervene during my correction of my autistic child...she acted like I should be beating him instead of my ABA style directions--that did make me mad). The weekend we went there was an anniversary deal where the activity bracelets were free! If it hadn't been for Lakewood, my kids still may not have seen the ocean!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank CamdenTeacher
Rochester, NY
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My mother and father stayed in their fifth wheel at Lakewood Campground. My sister, 6 year old niece and I stayed in one of the villa's at this campground resort. It was awesome! the villa resembles a manufactured home and it was exceptionally clean. I can't wait to go back. The resort had amenities such as an indoor pool, and outdoor pool with slide, coffee shop, arcade, snack stand. But the best part is it is right on the ocean. We walked to the beautiful beach everyday. If we forgot something, we could just walk back to our villa (or our parent's campsite) and get it. Their are bathrooms very close to the beach. I have no complaints. We ate at buffet's in Myrtle Beach that were fantastic! We went to the flea markets and found creative treasures. We went to Broadway at the Beach and fed the fish. I can't wait to go back next year!

1 Thank BethanyStPierre
ann arbor
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I stayed at another campground near lakewood..I wanted to check out the Lakewood campground because I was not happy with the campground I was staying at. I spoke to the security guard at the gate and asked if I could check in to check out the campground..He said I could mon-fri 9am-5pm. I returned on monday at 4pm and was told I was to late that they didnt allow non-registered campers in after 5pm. I then told him it was only 4pm and he then replied by saying "too bad". I then tried again the next dayt at noon and was told again I could not come in and look around. Well I was allowed entry into another campground next door and made reservations there for next year,,I refuse to stay at some place that doesnt want my business...

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
9 Thank motherof3AnnArbor
Grvl, OH
Reviewed July 22, 2009

1st time visit to Myrtle beach, had a great time at Lakewood, great location, lots of activities, friendly staff and good amenities for the basic camper. Recommend blocks 2 & 3 sites for tenting, shaded to avoid the SC sun, with short walk to the beach.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
#35 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach Resort
Myrtle Beach Resort
#63 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Lakewood Camping Resort? Share your experiences!