“$25.00 Fee felt like I've been scamed"” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lakewood Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Lakewood Camping Resort
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“$25.00 Fee felt like I've been scamed"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

Called several people at Lakewood and each one gave me a different answer on why I was changed an admin fee of $25. I booked online so where's the administration? Also, left a voice mail with the owner and an email. No reply yet. Very poor customer service. Lakewood used to be very customer oriented. By the way, they claim they were voted RV campground of the year for 2010. Must not have asked their customers..... I'm writing this in hopes that Lakewood management would listen and take action to improve.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank Gatlinburg17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Gastonia, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

After making a reservation in September 2010 and then paying remainder in full in March 2011, then billed an additional $25 reservation fee is VERY poor business practice. I plan to report them to the SC Better Business Bureau. This is a sad representationn of a campgroup with Biblical verses out front. What happened to following the GOLDEN RULE?

Room Tip: Do not book with them....
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
13 Thank AliB_41
Rockingham, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

Me and my husband have been camping at lakewood for many years. We love it more than any other camp ground. We have referred it to many of our friends. We went in march just to get a weekend away and when the lady told us the total, i asked why was it more than on the computer. She said that there was a $25 administrative fee. She could not explain. If i would not have asked why so much she wouldnt have told us. And she said it would be a charge every time we come this year. So we will not be back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank luannnchris
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

In January 2011 I reserved and "paid in full" for our annual "4th of July" pilgrimage to Lakewood. Having a zero balance I figured I was good to go and have been looking forward to our trip. Last week, I received a confirmation of my trip along with a note advising me that I still owed $25.. Ok, not a lot of money but that's not the point... I had a deal with them and I lived up to my end of the bargin. They changed the rules and frankly I'm not sure that I'll ever go back. This is a Christian Campground?? This is a long string of excessive fees ($300 per week golf cart rental) that really take the fun out of what would be a great place. If these OWNERS are that desparate for money, I say let someone else pay it. My kids nearly grew up at this campground and we've not missed a trip in over 10 years. I guess there's a first time for everything.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
18 Thank CamperNightmare
Beaufort, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

We have camped for many years. Lakewood is overpriced for what they offer. Especially since we came off season. They tack on a sur charge for administrative costs. We have never encountered this. The bottom line is that they charge about $50 a night, whether they say so or not (off season). The sights are not particularly flat, the cable hookup and water hookup are rusted.
The beach is beautiful. There are other places nearbye that would offer more value.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank mello01
Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

i"v beencoming to S.C. to the horse ride will be goin on 9yrs love this place !! everyone is the best here and made me feel great my daughter was on her way down and truck with her horse and my younger daughters horse broke down they didnt make the trip with the horses had to get friends to haul truck /trailer/horses back to tenn. but they decide to come anyway at 4am /next morning the office staff was so helpful they didnt charge me for the extra site and made them feel welcome even though they didnt get to ride on beach will be back in 2011 for sure

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
WV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

We started off very well check-in was very fast. We encountered our first problem as soon as we arrived at our site with our 35 ft trailer. We were blocked out of our site by the neighbors (on every side as well as across the road) and had to call security to help get everyone cleared out of the way..Because the lots are so close together we had to have help getting backed in(Some of our neighbors were very helpful in trying to help direct us into the spot). No real problems until later during our stay when after 11pm our 4 yr old son was wound up and we decided to take him for a walk on the beach side of the road next to the dunes. We were stopped by security and told to go back to our site. I understand quiet hours, but we weren't making any noise and we weren't around any others campers. Our wi-fi didn't work after about 2 minutes. I was 32 wks pregnant and we got lucky to get the last spot in Myrtle Beach especially in a campground my husband used to go to as a child,but I'm not sure I really want to go there again...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,333 reviews
Myrtle Beach Resort
Myrtle Beach Resort
#64 of 207 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Lakewood Camping Resort? Share your experiences!