“Amazing views and great food.”

Ocean Front Bar & Grill
Ranked #363 of 897 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Right on the boardwalk with the ocean before you! Fabulous place to eat. Casual. Great food and great service. Open air, with live music on weekends.

There are newer reviews for Ocean Front Bar & Grill

Reviewed June 11, 2013

good food. My favorite part was the view of the beach from here. You could sit outside on picnic tables or you could sit inside (open walls) at high top tables with views from inside of the beach also, just as nice.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

When at the shore, you just have to eat one meal outside within sight and sound of the waves. And there's probably no better place to do that than the Oceanfront Bar & Grill on the Myrtle Beach board walk. To be sure, this dive didn't earn my highest ratings because it compares well with Michelin-starred establishments, but because it represents the best in its class, the laid back beach hangout.

This restaurant is truly open, with four of the six entrances secured by garage doors. Both the interior and exterior are beach rustic. Inside, you'll find plain wooden tables with uncushioned stools. Taller, cushioned stools with backs line the bar and accompany several high top tables. Outside, 10 six-person picnic tables with shade umbrellas line the walkways. We snagged one of those.

Kristy, our server, greeted us with bad news: one of the "kegerators" was down, so Bud Light Lime, Landshark, Shock Top, Fat Tire, and Stella Artois were not available on tap. The rest of the list of beers, wines, and coolers, however, was very extensive and we were able to slake our thirsts without much compromise.

My wife ordered grouper fingers (and I always thought groupers had fins, silly me) ($9.99) and I chose fried clam strips ($7.99). When our meals arrived, we were blown away. My clams were crispy on the outside and succulent within, much like the clam strips of my New England youth. (They only lacked the juicy "stomachs" we from the north relish but which southerners seem to find repellent.) My wife's grouper was beautifully encrusted in a mild batter with the fish inside cooked just to opaqueness. The accompanying fries were equally well prepared. Our cole slaw also deserves mention. Light on mayo, it contained just enough cayenne to bring out its freshness.

While the Oceanfront Bar & Grill might not fit into the Fontainebleau Miami Beach or the Wynn Las Vegas, it fits in perfectly here on the Myrtle Beach board walk. What it lacks in sophistication, it more than makes up for in atmosphere, attentive and energetic service, and straight-from-the-fryer-to-the-table crispness.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

On the boardwalk in downtown Myrtle Beach is the Ocean Front Grill. Only a block away from the Skywheel. I had a Flounder Me Me Po Boy sandwich. The flounder was okay but the tiny shrimp with sauce that they put on this sandwich is what makes this sandwich the best ever! I can not say enough about this sauce!! I also had the sweet potato fries very good, comes with sugar and cinnamon. Next time I am asking for just salt, I prefer all my fries with salt. :-) Sandwich is on the larger size, plenty to fill a hungry stomach.
The Restaurant/Bar is open to the ocean breeze and the boardwalk. Its a must stop if you are on the boardwalk and need something to eat or drink.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We walked up here from our hotel. It's right on the Boardwalk and the view is great. Lots of tv's to keep up the game or race or whatever you're interested in. The bartender's are very professional and do their jobs well. The food is your typical 'bar' food but hey, isn't that why we're here! Good prices too!