“Great Buffet, a bit pricey”

Captain George's Seafood Restaurant MB
Ranked #39 of 908 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We have been to many of the seafood buffets in Myrtle beach and the food here ranks among the best, Crab legs are cooked just right. Any kind of seafood you could want, although the steamed clams are not up to what we are used to in New England but we don't come here for the clams. For non seafood lovers there is a good variety of southern cooking - ribs, pulled pork, fried chicken as well as Prime Rib, all very good for a seafood buffet. Finish off with a good variety of deserts. I rated very good not excellent as I felt the value for the price was not excellent, I would return but think that the Original Benjamin's is a better value.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,973)

Reviewed August 27, 2014

As we age we are less interested in all you can eat and are more about taste and quality. My wife and I decided to try this place because we had our 14 year old granddaughter with us. It was as we expected. The food was very plentiful and relatively fresh for a buffet, but overall I found the food mediocre. I overate to try to get my money's worth, but regretted it half an hour later.I can't complain, however, because I've been to buffets ranging from $8.99 to $75, and the quality here was about equal to the price. My advice is, if you're average to big eaters, it's a decent place.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Our Family of six four adults and 2 children under age 4 went and we were not disappointed. We wanted a seafood buffet for one of our nights here and used TripAdvisor to try to find a good one. Captain George's was a great choose there was plenty of good chooses or the kids and the adults were very happy and full when we left. We all thought that everything we had was good and the Crab Legs were excellent. This is the one place that we will come back to next time we get to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Really yummy...if you love seafood, you will love this place!
Very clean, service was excellent.
We went for 5, by 6 it was very busy, yet all food replenished often.
Huge place, lots of seating.
The only negative ..the desserts, i would rather see small individual pastries rather than mass production items...chocolate dipped strawberries, cupcakes etc would be nicer
119.00 for dinner for 3 adults, 1 wine, 1 beer.
Yet we all enjoyed it...crab and scallops were amazing.
Will go back!

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

So at $32 per adult, and $16.99 for kids 6-12 years old--this place is awesome! Fried oysters, oyster Rockefeller, stuffed mushrooms, crab casserole and crab legs that never stopped serving! All the food was delicious! I miss it already, I just wished the desert bar had more options besides pies and puddings, but I guess that means more room for crab legs. This place was comfortable and seating was plenty and roomy. We went before 5pm which was perfect, by the time we were done--there was a line out the door. Willing to drive to SC just for more Captain George Seafood!

1  Thank Mai-Mai1977