“King of The Seafood Buffet”

Captain George's Seafood Restaurant MB
Ranked #39 of 908 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I love seafood and I enjoy a good buffet, but pulling off a really good seafood buffet is easier said than done. When we arrived,the size of this restaurant is quickly apparent and the lobby looks more like a theme park cue line than anything else. This place it huge. I expected a lot of fried options, and average to good-ish seafood offerings. I though wrong. As soon as we were seated, service was spot on and the buffet was well appointed. It rivaled some of the better Las Vegas buffets for quality and selection. Steamed snow crab legs, blackened Mahi, clams, oysters Rockefeller, prime rib.... they did a great job and the size of the restaurant kept things coming out fresh from the kitchen.

The only disappointing part was desert. Between everyone at my table, we sampled all of the deserts and almost every desert offering was mediocre at best. Even the soft serve ice cream was sub-par :( We came for the seafood, not the chocolate cake though, so I can feel comfortable still giving this place a 'very good' rating.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,973)

Reviewed August 15, 2014

There is a wide variety but it is a bit pricey. There are other buffets where the food was just as good, but the ambiance wasn't as good as Cpt. George's....it's all up to you. No coupons either. Pretty good....between average and very good.

1  Thank nikki228
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We eat at Captain George's every trip to Myrtle Beach, as it's become a family favorite for the all you can eat crab legs. The place is nice and clean, the food is fresh, and the service is very attentive. It seems a bit more upscale than most of the other seafood buffets around town.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I can't find much negative to say about this restaurant. We ate until our hearts were content. One member of my party was not a seafood person. There wasn't much to choose for them but they did eat chicken. I have to say the scallops, crab bake and pollock were simply delicious. I can say that I wasn't a fan of the mac n cheese as it tasted like it came out of the box? Who cares lol I didn't go there for that. The seafood was awesome and I will definitely return.

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The selection here is very wide. Plenty of beef, pork, and chicken for the non-seafood person. But we found the seafood to be very "buffet like". The crab was soft and hard to crack. The fried oysters were very fishy because they had been frozen. Again, it's a good buffet. Just don't go here expecting an oyster bar.