“Worth every Penny. service was the best. great food. well run...”

Captain George's Seafood Restaurant MB
Ranked #39 of 886 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Berryville, Virginia
“Worth every Penny. service was the best. great food. well run...”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Paid $120 for family of 4 and ate5 pds of crab and shrimp. Everything was good soooo much to choose from and the service was 5 stars. Will go backand highly reccomend George's.

• Visited March 2013

Buffalo, New York
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went in Virginia Beach- we were all excited when we heard there was one here too... Top quality seafood- there were things that looked amazing that I couldn't even find room for. Excellent crab legs.

1 Thank DrXYZ
Ludington, Michigan
“OMG, SO GOOD!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I heard about this place and me and my husband had to try it. Great food and great service. Everything was great! We would go again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best Flan in the US (Smile)”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As we are not big eaters we can never wait to revisit Myrtle Beach for Captain George's FLAN. We order the flan to take out and let me tell you it is the best flan ever. It is so light it is almost like you're eating a fatfree dessert. I am so tempted to go AGAIN today and get more flan. It is the lightest dessert next to jello, for me.

1 Thank CBH487
Medina, Tennessee, United States
“Typical buffet”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We decided to try Captain George's Seafood Buffet on Tuesday, March 26, 2013, around 6:30 PM. There was no wait and the restaurant was not very busy considering it's size. We were greeted promptly and shown to a table quickly. The buffet area is quite large and themed like a ship from colonial times with the night sky painted on the ceiling above. It is quite impressive. Unfortunately, the quality of the food is not as impressive. I sampled many of the selections on the buffet since I rarely found one that I would or could finish. The mahi-mahi was over cooked, the fried Pollock was chewy, the steamed rice was dry, and so on. The steam/raw bar is your best bet. The dessert selection was extensive; however, the taste was just so-so. And, we were not the only ones that had this opinion. The several tables around us were also not finishing plates as well. I could not count the number of times I heard the waiter ask, "Are you through with this plate?" And, every time the plate was still half filled with food. Speaking of waiters, the service is very good. Captain George's is a prime example of the buffet mentality of quantity being used to overcome the lack of quality food. Maybe this was an off night; however, for $31.00 a person, I am not willing to take a chance and see.

• Visited March 2013