“Coudn't ask for more”

Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We just returned from the Hilton Resort. We were there for a conference.

The resort is very large and was accommodating several business conferences simultaneously and the staff and facilities were wonderful and we had very few problems.

We enjoyed the Ocean front restaurant. The food was very good.

The room was excellent containing a mini fridge and coffee maker.

The grounds were beautiful, the pools were surrounded by beautiful gardens.

I could go on, but trust me, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Abr0610
There are newer reviews for Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort

Reviewed November 11, 2013

From the photos I saw, I expected more from this hotel. The location is very good and the beach is nice in front of it.
We had an oceanfront room which was nice but needs to be redone. The tile and tub area of the bathroom is old.
However, a major complaint was the housekeeping service. We called 3 times (10 AM, 2 PM, 3 PM) and asked that our room be cleaned as we had somewhere to go. Finally at 4:30 PM, after going down to the desk and speaking to the manager, someone was finally sent to clean the room and restock our towels and necessities.
The entire visit there was a dirty plate on the floor outside our room.
The breakfast buffet was poor. There is not a large selection (no nice pastries) and the food was COLD. When I complained, our server got bacon and potatoes hot from the kitchen.
I had asked the female concierge a question or two and she acted like I was bothering her after I turned down a request to be contacted by Hilton Grand Vacations.
With all the choices in Myrtle Beach, I would absolutely go somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Missshopper
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Missshopper-

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at our hotel. Our main priority is for our guests to be comfortable and experience a welcoming and warm stay. I do however understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room or the dining options. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that these areas are of great importance to us. I have passed on your comments to our staff and I can assure you that your concerns are being taken care of.

Kind regards,

E. Silvestri

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary week for the second time at the resort and continue to be impressed by the friendly staff awesome accommodations. The location is well located to take in all the local attractions. For the time of year and great rooms, the price is very affordable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Priddyd7
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was there in the 1st week of Nov. 2013. I was help by a lady name Linda ? (Front Desk). She was soooo nice and very helpful. I also had a great room and the breakfast was very good. Tried the apple wood bacon on the menu. Yum Yum. Special Thanks for always helping out a VET. Thank You, Thank You Very Much. Rick Stone USMC : )

Room Tip: There a difference between ocean view and ocean front, Rm 819 very nice and facing the best side. Al...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RickandSarah2
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here as my first visit to Myrtle Beach. I was already leery about coming due to the TripAdvisor ratings and reports lol. So, I would rate this hotel as very very average. I feel like maybe 20 years ago this was an amazing hotel, but I am a jetsetter and I have seen some amazing hotels in my day and this is not impressive. It's probably an okay stay for modest families or people who live in the neighboring states. But if you're more of a sophisticated cosmopolitan this is not going to impress you in terms of look and feel of the hotel and the rooms.

Also the parking lot is far.

I found a GIANT roach in my bathroom. It's possible it was a giant waterbug. It was also a giant roach. On my first call to the hotel about the roach, there was no apology, just that tthey'd send someone up to take care of it. A man came in to clean it. He was hardly nice or compassionate about it. Or apologetic. He flushed it down the toilet, gave a very terse "sorry" and left. Still feeling upset about the whole ordeal I asked to be moved rooms and I was accommodated to another room down the hall. They were nice to me during this phase.

Valet and Guest Services were very nice to me otherwise. Tyler is a gem, and the only reason I did not rate this place any lower (I really want to!)

The food is overprices. Shrimp and Grits was $24.00. This was big city pricing, and def not worth the price for the type of accommodations I was in.

The rooms have nice views if you get the right room.

The pools and beach access looked nice. I didn't go out to the water though.

I thought the rooms were pretty roomy though, and the beds were comfortable.

Nothing was in walking distance really so you need a car to do anything off premises. With the far parking lot ($9/day) this makes you want to get valet even more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing more north. The ones that face south see mostly the neighboring buildings.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The place was nice and clean and the staff was great however they shut off the air at night so it gets so hot in your room you can't sleep. The internet would keep kicking me off also every time I tried to log on.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Cade L
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great location, on the beach. Close to a golf course. Very helpful concierges. Within walking distance of the fishing pier. Two pools to choose from. Easy access to Rt 17 and all of it's shops. Had to pay a daily rate for parking our rental car.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple