“Management and Housekeeping”

Ranked #40 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Management and Housekeeping”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Beautiful Hotel. However, the Manager checking guests in needs a refresher on the meaning of guest service as he was very rude. Housekeeping was very inconsistent with cleaning our room. We had to ask for towels, Kleenex and other things. Not very impressive for a Hilton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the poor service you experienced at check-in. It's always our goal to greet guests with a warm, friendly smile and accommodate in any way possible. Your review will help us ensure that we're meeting guests' needs and exceeding expectations. We hope we can invite you back to our improvements.

Kind regards,

E. Silvestri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was a little leary about staying at this resort based on the previous postings. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised! They've added 2 more elevators, that was a non-issue. Nice fitness facility. Superior Check-in and Check-out service. They do offer a free bus service to 15-or so restaurants in the area (we drove, and did not use this). Right on the Beach; renting two chairs and an umbrella: $30 (not the hotel's fee). The Internet was really slow, until I went out on the balcony. Nice to have a little general-store in the lobby, but we stocked up at the grocery story to save on the pricey restaurants at the resort.

Room Tip: We were in room 611; a little noisy in the morning on the balcony, but the views were spectacular an...
1 Thank ValpoInd
Myrtle Beach, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Hotel was nice, clean, inviting. I enjoyed my stay the rooms were lovely and ocean view remarkable. I am planning to return again with my family. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking to stay in a family friendly environment that offers wonderful accommodations for all lifestyles.

Middle River, MD, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This had to be one of the best experiences in a hotel. I was attending a conference held at this hotel and everything, from the room to the hotel staff, was excellent. The only issue I had was the internet but since I was there at a conference, I didn't really have much opportunity to be on the computer. And who would be on the computer with the beach right at your fingertips! Would definitely recommend this particular hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay when visiting Myrtle Beach!

1 Thank Linda W
Aberdeen, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel was excellect from the lobby to the bathroom. The hotel is aging but still has a lot of character and the rooms are great. Best night's sleep that I've had in along time. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Tim H
North Carolina
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend. I have to say this is a sub par Hilton compared to the other Hiltons. It is an old hotel that really need some upgrades. The room was really just average. Carpet needed to be replaced and bathroom needed some upgrades. Also there was no microwave or fridge in the room. The only thing that looked somewhat Hilton was the beds. Also, we stayed in 1008 10th floor. It was right by an entry door it the door slams shut every time someone opens it. So we heard that all night both nights. Didn't get much rest. Also, i tried to get on the internet and that was very spotty. I thought it was my laptop,but I was able to use my Hotspot...so make sure they do not charge you. Otherwise, the check in was smooth and valet gets your car pretty quick. It was $15/day. We really didn't interact with the staff so I assume they were ok. Although, when my husband tried to tell them about the slamming door by the room, the lady had a deer in the headlight look. We didn't get to try out the pool or anything, but that did look nice. Will I come back again? It would not be the top five places to stay in Myrtle Beach. if it was all that was left, then I would stay.

Room Tip: Do not choose the rooms near the entry doors. They slam really hard.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort. Rooms were well worn and used. I did stay at the end of tourist season and the rooms showed the use. TV had a large scratch which should have been replaced. For the prices that are charged at this location they should really do a little better job of keeping it more - fresh looking. Loved the pool deck & pool area. Live band playing on pool deck was a bit loud while sitting at the bar. But the crowd enjoyed it. The only reason this hotel did not get a full 5 stars was due to room service. The food was just awful. After a 12 hour drive to the hotel I was in no mood to go out. Room service menu looked good but that's were it ended. Food just tasted awful. This is really to only bad thing I have to report. Staff was very friendly and helpful. In the end would I stay here again - Yes! I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends