We usually stay in Hilton-owned hotels and almost always have a great experience. At the very least, when we do point-out something that needs attention, they are grateful and act immediately. Not so with this Hotel. We have Hilton Gold status and I regularly point out good and bad, and Managers are always grateful (regular customers are the best source of information). With this resort, 3 of the 4 elevators were broken. When we tried to use it, it was always full. So we spent our time there walking up and down from the 5th floor. We pointed that out our first day, but 3 were still broken the next day (by the way, this July 4 week and they were jammed full). When we checked out, we asked about it and they said they were unaware of the problem, even though we had told them the day before. The wifi either was very, very show or didn't work at all. Breakfast, we waited a half-hour to see half the tables empty when we finally were seated. At check-out when we pointed these things out, all we got was a shrug. No apologiesor promises to fix the issues. The Manager wouldn't talk to us about it (I'm sure Hilton would be very disappointed to find out the Manager didn't want to talk to a dissatisfied Hilton Gold customer). As a matter of fact, we felt very unappreciated by the staff. What a pity.
This is not a reflection of Hilton. I have been very satisfied staying at Hilton-owned properties and even rated my stay the night before at a Hampton Inn with 5 stars (Hampton in Clinton, SC - excellent). But this particular location of Hilton seems to be poorly managed. If you can't talk with your regular customers, you're going to be ignorant to the problems occuring in your resort, period.
We'll continue to be loyal Hilton customers but will not return to the Myrtle Beach Hilton resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort is located at the north end of Myrtle Beach, SC. Our hotel offers luxurious accommodations featuring private balconies with ocean views. Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort also features golf, tennis, and a conference center perfect for groups of all sizes. All guests can enjoy access to Splash Water Park located at our neighboring sister property Kingston Plantation Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach