“Disappointing”

Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
Ranked #41 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel and paid in advance last year BEFORE reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. I told my husband to have low expectations prior to arrival given what I had read. Sadly, many of the complaints on here are true. I was glad we only planned to be there for 2 nights. PROS: location in North Myrtle with plenty of shopping and places to eat, access to multiple pools including SPLASH Waterpark at Kingston Resorts, the beach. CONS: no luggage carts (apparently that is reserved only for Royal Palms next door), despite renovations the rooms were still dated, closet door fell when we pulled it open, stain on one of the comforters, no towel racks except for hand towels (we struggled to find a place to hang 4 bath towels after we all showered), one hook behind the bathroom door was loose, no screen door for the glass door leading to the balcony, tile in bathroom was gross, not enough room in the bathroom period, pool towels were old, had to pay for internet and parking (really?), I had to ask for the pool wristbands instead of my being told about it. Sorry, Hilton, we won't be back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Iris T
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I'm terribly sorry that your experience with us was not what you were expecting. Your feedback will certainly help us to ensure that we continue to follow our strict quality assurance processes. I've asked our maintenance and housekeeping teams to address your concerns accordingly. We hope that we'll have another chance to make it up to you during your next vacation to Myrtle Beach.

Kind regards,

Eugene Silvestri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Sullivan
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Over all this hotel is very nice. The cost to park and the internet fee are a little much tho. The breakfast is pricey also. The business area need computers and internet that work. I guess they want you to bring your own computer and pay for internet. Couldn't get the computers to do much of any thing. They would keep closing out of what you were doing. Just gave up after tiring more than a couple times a day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Amy H
Memphis
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Not sure why this hotel has gotten reviews complaining that it outdated. Our room was very nice and clean with comfortable linens/bedding and nice furnishings. It is the same quality as other Hilton hotels.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank TCnTN
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Even if I was there for business this was pure pleasure. This Hilton is in a perfect location and easy access to both Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle. There is a lot to do in the area at night or you can just relax and enjoy the view. After meetings all day it was nice to go back and just sit and listen to the ocean while having a drink at the oceanfront bar. The rooms are very clean, the staff are very friendly and accommodating. There is a boardwalk along the beach to join other Hilton properties together and a 7 minute way to the Embassy. I would highly recommend this hotel and I plan to return again in the future!

Room Tip: I was on the 14th floor on the south side with a great view of the pier. At times it was windy but...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rondella1
Piedmont, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. You cannot really beat the location. The view's from the rooms all face the ocean. The people at the front desk were OK. No one was rude, but no one made me feel special either. The check-in process was slow. The rooms are older on the inside, but do seem to be clean. Housekeeping was very kind. It is a bit of a walk down to Embassy Suites to enjoy the watersides, but there is a nice boardwalk that you can follow. There are plenty of shower heads to clean off with as you leave the beach area. We would stay at this hotel again, but are going to try out some others nearby first.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendy W
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel was awful and we were shocked by lack of customer service and professionalism almost immediately after arrival. When we pulled into the hotel property, we were told that there weren't any luggage carts available and the staff wouldn't be able to get one for us and that we'd need to carry our own luggage and 54 gallon cooler to our room. Parking and internet were both $9 a day and neither was of typical Hilton quality.

The advertised lazy river and water park are not on property but about a 10 minute walk down the beach. Like other reviewers, our room was dingy and in disrepair. The TV, remote and closet doors were broken, and we had to move furniture to plug in the in-room phone. We were told these issues would be addressed in a few hours. Luckily everything was fixed by the time we got back from dinner.

Dogs were all over the property, even though we'd been told that pets were not allowed. The front desk staff were not able to explain the discrepancy between practice and policy.

Upon checkout, we were again not able to find a luggage cart. After 45 minutes of waiting in the hotel driveway, watching carts go by and each time asking to use one, we asked the front desk why we had been repeatedly refused the use of the cart. The answer we received was because this Hilton was a full service property. Needless to say that was the complete opposite of our experience - we experienced a service-absence property.

Throughout our entire stay, none of the management staff seemed concerned about the way our family was treated or the condition of our room and the hotel's common areas. Maybe Hilton should revoke this property's naming rights since it is a privately owned location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Simesime13
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and want you to know that it is not a typical representation of our service levels. I can assure you that your concerns about the cleanliness issues and poor service are being addressed. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve our guest experience going forward. If you have additional comments or concerns, I would be happy to speak with you personally. We hope we can invite you back for a much better experience.

Kind regards,

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is in need of some serious updating/renovation. The age is starting to show itself in the buildings facade and interior. There are empty rooms that are in disrepair....they look like they were at some point served as function rooms. The room was ok, but was a bit dated and grimey....It appeared clean on the surface, but I never felt clean in the room. I think the hotel has been neglected by the staff and management. The staff was unimpressive, disinterested, unprofessional and didn't seem to care about complaints - terrible Internet and food. The Internet costs $9.95/day and was spotty at best. I found myself having to use my phones 3G signal for Internet. When I complained I wasn't even offered a refund, I just got "oh, ok". Beachcombers was terrible. Chips in the nachos were stale and the quality of ingredients were subpar and not fresh at all. The fish was old and frozen....being on the beach you expect fresh seafood. Is that too much to ask? There weren't enough elevators to accolade the guests either. You had to wait about 10 mins for an elevator with room to show up....then you had to ask someone if it was going up or down as there were no working visual aids on the exterior, and the ones on the inside threshold seemed to never work.
I would not stay here again, I like the resort in general, but next time would stay at the embassy suites.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the right side of the hotel (as you look at the beach) or else you'll be ab...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Your concerns are definitely our concerns. Thank you for bringing them to our attention so we can follow up with the appropriate members of our team. I apologize that you did not receive the superb service our staff is better known for and regret that our food selections did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will help us to improve for all future guests and we hope you will return to see our changes first hand. If I can be of further assistance to you, certainly let me know.

Warm regards,