“2 Day stay in June”

Ranked #41 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Ocala, United States
“2 Day stay in June”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a rather outdated hotel and to me dows not fit the normal Hilton experience. Maybe early 1980 style and furnishings. Although many of the rooms have "ocean view" they over-look a roof of the Hilton conference center and roofs, and air conditioning units aren't pretty even with the ocean s a backdrop.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort. We stay at Hilton and was convinced by the aggressive sales to attend a Hilton Grand Vacation. The trip was supposed to be the prior week, however the agent did not secure the date. We arrived to a very spacious, clean hotel. However, we were quickly surprised as to opening our hotel room and seeing two double beds. When I made the reservation, I had sworn they said two queen beds. We asked for a cot since we had our two teen agers with us. We were told that the cots would not fit in the room and there were no other available rooms. They said they had suites available but they were not fully furnished. This was not a new hotel, so why would they not have the rooms furnished. Strange.

The a/c was so loud that it was difficult to sleep. I could tell this was an older property and fairly well maintained, but really.... The breakfast was fairly pricey, $15 - $18 range, and the foot at best was average.

The staff was very courteous, beach front area nice and overall experience average due to the misinformation and the double beds.

Room Tip: Double check to make sure that you are getting what you signed up when booking at these vacation res...
Monroe
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had a great weekend in June. Accommodations were excellent and the staff most helpful. Couples or families would find this hotel a most enjoyable one. The atmosphere at the pools and/or the ocean was incredible. Poolside refreshments were available most of the day.

2 Thank Robert H
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I wouldn't order the food by the poolside. Breakfast buffet is ok. Rooms were extremely clean. Good value to get the water parks of the other properties. Beach is nice, and staff is fine. Nothing remarkable, but nothing terrible either. Met my expectations for the most part.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I will start this review with the positives. The hotel is located on the beach with direct beach access and the initial "awe" when you walk in...is it. I'm surprised Hilton list this as luxury accommodations because I've slept on more comfortable beds in no named 3rd world country hotels than the bed I was subject to sleep on at this hotel. Check in was quick and painless which was a plus since me and my family drove from Georgia however the excitement of the initial awe when we first walked in was quickly changed when we arrived to our room. The partial ocean view room with two queens that are really doubles was cramped for a family of four. The room was small and only had a refrigerator that only worked periodically with no microwave. Again the beds were of poor sleeping quality so much that my daughter has been complaining of back pain since we left. Now...brace yourself... It gets worse. With a cramped family of four in a room I required that housekeeping clean our room everyday during our stay. The first day the room was half cleaned meaning only the trash emptied, beds made( no linen change) and bath towels replaced...WHAT!!! No floor vacuumed? No toilets or tubs cleaned? Okay no problem...until I woke in the middle of the night to use the restroom and ROACHES GREETED ME! Is this HILTON or MOTEL 6! After my family calm me down and stop me from packing up and checking out that night, the following day my family left the room to go enjoy the beach and check out the site we returned to an UNCLEANED room! I was furious!!! I personally went to the front desk before leaving for that day to request our room be cleaned and my request was completely ignored!! So I kindly go down to the front and the same front desk person I requested the room be cleaned with earlier was still there, however after informing her the room was not cleaned she looked at me like a deer in headlights and said "i don't know why they didn't clean your room, housekeeping still here". I leave the front desk furious, so back in a cramped room of four, looking at sand from the girls at the beach all day all over the floor, mini garbage cans running over with trash and an exhausted family, I just called the front desk cancelled the housekeeping and voiced my displeasure. The air conditioning was not working properly and neither was the lone refrigerator therefore spoiling leftovers and fruit we purchased. To make a short somewhat disappointing stay review brief, I will summarize for you what you can expect.

1) Internet is $9.95 for 2 devices ( listen closely) for 24 hour usage. More devices...more money. So if you are a family with iPads and iPhones you are screwed!
2) Valet parking is expensive and self parking is $8.99 PER DAY AND IS A HEADACHE TO FIND A PARK!
3) if you are a Starbucks lover like me...get to the gift shop before 8pm to get your cup of evening joe.
4) Be sure to let the staff know how you want your room cleaned and when.

I would be remis not to mention that upon check out I voice my disappointment and was comped my daily parking fees and my 5 minutes on the Internet as well as given complimentary breakfast for my family. I would have preferred the hotel living up to the Hilton Standards I'm use to and making our brief family get away more comfortable, but I guess even Hilton can't always be four stars.

Room Tip: Upon check in get pool access wristbands...poolside cabanas are NOT FREE...beach umbrellas and chair...
2 Thank MsCovington
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I'm so disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered and appreciate your detailed feedback. Clean rooms and pleasant service is something we pride ourselves in and your experience was certainly not acceptable. We're working with our staff and local pest control company to address each issue. I regret that we couldn't assist you with a satisfactory resolution and would be more than happy to speak with you. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,

Eugene Silvestri

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Cincinnati
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our stay was brief, just a few days, so we didn't stay long enough to be overly disappointed. The good things: it is located in North Myrtle Beach which is a lot quieter and more private than being on the strip in downtown. It is located right on the beach which was probably the highlight. Also, all of the staff we interacted with were great. The not so great: The food prices are high for mediocre food. There are only two restuarants and the pool bar. We ate off site after our first dinner in the hotel. The pool areas are small and need a lot of work. It is not kept up very well, so we spent our water time on the beach. Tips: The free shuttle only take you within a couple of miles of the hotel and does not include Broadway on the Beach which is a huge attraction. Broadway on the Beach was our "go to" place when the weather was bad or you just want to get out and do something fun. It is incredible with activities and dining for everyone of every age. I'd skip the boardwalk downtown, it was disappointing. Lastly, I'd invest in the package that includes the free full breakfast buffet. We had kids, and the cost would have been outrageous each morning. Plus the buffet is just "okay", I've had a lot better at other hotels.

1 Thank CincyDiva
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Likes:
The staff. The staff at check in was very nice. In fact everyone associated with the hotel could not have been nicer. A special thanks to Emily at the beach bar. My wife and I had drinks and food at the Wet Whistle Bar a couple of nights. Emily was great. She took care of everything we needed and never missed a step. Emily made our nights. She is a great employee. The Wet Whistle and Emily was the best part of our stay.

Dislikes:
Breakfast was nothing special. The main restaurant food was ok but overpriced. The hotel bar was awful and really needs to be seriously updated. The windows also need to be washed. There are some great views but you can't see because the windows were dirty. The toilet in our room moved around. And the shower curtain bar was straight and not curved like every other place I stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jeff S
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I'm so disheartened to hear about the maintenance and cleanliness issues you encountered in your guest room. Our team strives to provide comfortable surroundings and quality offerings and I apologize for the inconvenience. We're so glad to hear that Emily was friendly and accommodating. We truly have an excellent team and we hope you'll come back to see such hospitality throughout our hotel, during your next visit.

Warm regards,