Stayed at the Hilton for 4 nights for a conference despite a substandard stay a few years ago. I was advised by the general manager that several improvements to the property had been made. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the front door staff and the front desk staff. All were very efficient and again friendly.
I had a room on the 5th that required me to walk on an external walkway. Not really a problem until it was rainy and windy. Not a nice start to the day.
The rooms appeared to have been renovated somewhat with new carpet and a few furnishings. The tiles in the shower could use replacement as a few were coming off the wall and there was some mildew stains on the tiles.
Most rooms have nice ocean views from their balconies. A true bonus.
are really outdated and slow. I normally took the stairs.
The conference facilities
Are really great. Only complaint was that the men's washroom needed more attention. With a 90 percent male conference making sure the waste bins etc were emptied more often would have been appreciated. Food during the conference was good.
Bars and Restaurant
With a large group in house I once again found the bar hours ridiculous. The bar had last call at 11pm each night. They lost thousands of dollars in revenue to low end bars that welcomed hockey fans who wanted to see west coast games.
The pool bar and pool side service one day was extremely slow to non existent with what appeared to be only one server on and a bartender. The staff working on May 9th for lunch by the pool were very friendly. Food service however was slow.
The breakfast staff in the restaurant are great. Truly friendly people. The hostess is great and she treats kids like family. The food was okay and typically expensive? Bacon and eggs with juice was $26 including tax and tip. Will have a bagel from Starbucks next time.
Watch out for extra charges. For the second time I was charge for parking when I didn't have a card. I wonder if parking is a default charge and if the front desk doesn't take it off you get the charge..The front desk clerk apologized and corrected it.
I left my DND on during my stay so didn't have any cleaning done. Co-workers complained that their rooms were not cleaned each day. One co-worker had a two bedroom suite and one day the attendant only made on of the two beds and turned on dishwasher but didn't take away empty pizza boxes. A half effort overall.
If I wasn't on business I don't think I would stay in the hotel. The rooms in the condo that is attached are much nicer and the same cost with shared amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort is located at the north end of Myrtle Beach, SC. Our hotel offers luxurious accommodations featuring private balconies with ocean views. Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort also features golf, tennis, and a conference center perfect for groups of all sizes. All guests can enjoy access to Splash Water Park located at our neighboring sister property Kingston Plantation Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Prestigia, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach