“Leave the work behind”

Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We spent 5 days on this property and found it to be very good. Our room was very clean and in good condition. It seemed kind of odd that we had to go outside onto a balcony to gain access to our room, but discovered this was done so every room could have an ocean view. That was a small issue as it was quite windy during our stay, but well worth the view from our room.
Our housekeeper was very friendly and fun to visit with. the front desk and bell staff were also very welcoming. Although I expect this from the front line people, I don't always see it, so I do appreciate it.
I experienced no problems during my stay. I was unable to use the beach or any facilities as I was there for a business seminar, but my wife said everything was great. she spent her days at the pool and collecting shells on the beach. There was a golf course very close by and a shopping center within a mile or so. Close enough to be handy, but far enough not to be a distraction.
I would recommend this location for vacationers and I expect I will return someday with a leisure plan and leave the work behind.

Room Tip: the higher up you go, the better view

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in Room 527, which had a fair view of the ocean. However, the noise level was a major problem as this room opens to the atrium and sounds from the lobby seem magnified until the wee hours. So, if you're a light sleeper, request either a higher floor or preferably one that does not face the atrium.
Bath was very small--you can sit on the toilet and reach into the bathtub on one side and the lavatory on the other. (great if you're into multi-tasking, but otherwise a major inconvenience). Forget two people trying to share the bathroom at the same time. Bed was too soft and rather lumpy.
Many parts of the room had not seen a dust cloth in a long time. Hotel charges for wifi.
There were 2 loud fountains in the courtyard/gardens below our room---totally drowned out the ocean sounds we had so looked forward to. The main restaurant was over-priced and bland.
There are many hotels here and I'd suggest you try one of those.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the atrium unless you can sleep in a very noisy environment.
3  Thank Carroll M
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and alerting our team to the outside fountain and lobby noises you experienced. We apologize for this disturbance and we will do what we can to correct the problem. While, we do charge for internet service, we try hard to remain competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities. Thank you again for your review and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. We know you have many hotel choices in the area and we're glad you chose ours.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a Business meeting and accomodations were nice. Did not really get to use the outdoor facilities as much as would have liked but still a little cool in mid April. Had a great ocean view from the room and the pool area, outdoors bar area and beach were pristine.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Things were very pleasant as the employees were working well to make sure you were comfortable and pleased with your stay. When I checked in I spoke to Nisha and Kim. In the hotel dining there is a chef to prepare your meal. This will be very good food but pricey. There I Met Melinda and the manager Travis. I saw him as the gentle giant. My room was very nice. The bathroom was small but clean and well presented. My ocean view room was looking down south on the beach. An oceanfront room you can see the entire beach. I enjoyed my stay there very well.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel was picked by our travel agent. She did good, never having seen it personally. Impressive outside. There were many buses of people leaving everyday, but you would never know it from the lack of crowds or busy areas. Lots of elevators.$8.99 a night to park. $9.95 per day for wi-fi.Free in Lobby area. (we stopped at a Days Inn traveling to Myrtle beach and wi-fi was free and in each room.) Great pools. Golf arrangements were easy to make for their partner Arcadian Shores. (and that was a great course) Easy to get around. Shuttle service for malls and dining. Besides the wi-fi only three other things bothered me there. 1) the trash baskets in the room were REALLY small 2)no Hilton resort imprinted items in their gift shop...just the usual myrtle beach ones 3) when using the toilet because of where the toilet paper holder was located, you had to get your TP first before you sat down or else you had to bend your arm backwards and search for it.but if thats all I can complain abiut, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I only stayed here because I was here attending a two day seminar. I expected my experience to be a lot better considering this is the Hilton. When I checked in my debit card was charged for three nights which is what I expected. When I checked out I asked for two receipts, one showing the two days I was there for business and the final night I stayed on a separate receipt. When I checked my account I had been charged again! I called the hotel and they blamed my bank. I arranged a call with the hotel desk supervisor and my bank and she agreed to send my bank the paperwork to have my money refunded. She was not at all friendly and did not once apologize. She sent the required information to my bank so the money could be put bank into my account but not before she charged my card again for an additional night. This ruined the rest of my weekend. I was over charged by four nights and I needed those funds to enjoy the rest of my weekend. That money will not be back into my account until Monday. I am very disappointed with the Hilton and their lack of care and respect for their customers!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

I'm very sorry to hear about the incorrect charges incurred on your bill and for the inconvenience this has caused you. I completely understand your frustration and apologize that this was not appropriately addressed. We will be in contact with you to help rectify the situation completely.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

A little disappointed with the condition of the hotel overall. We were told that the hotel had just undergone a renovation on the rooms etc. but found it to be only partially renovated. The view from our room was stunning...and helped to diminish our disappointment with the hotel. And, don't count too much on the concierge desk staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

We're so sorry that our recent renovations were a little disappointing to you. We will certainly share your feedback with the appropriate members of our team. However, we're glad to hear you had an incredible view from your room. We trust you were able to relax with the sounds of the ocean near by. It is our hope to see you again if you're ever in the area.

Warm regards,