1,759 results
All reviewscafe amalfiocean viewshuttle serviceroyale palmspool barfitness centerbeach frontoff seasonoceanfront roomfamily vacationconferencepoolsstarbucksmyrtleboardwalkbalconies
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nickel and dime charges, like no access to luggage cart without a hotel staff member (tip expected). Internet $10 a day, parking $10 a day. Also, a very noisy hotel design. All the rooms on all levels are open to the interior which means screaming kids on any level transmit to your room. Very loud and very disappointing overall. I expected more from a Hilton. On a positive note the cleaning staff was very good, and courteous.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms with a door on the exterior of the building if you want a quieter stay.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was the most disappointing stay we have had with a Hilton property in the 6+ years we starting using Hilton as our hotel preference.

When we booked our stay over 3 months ago, we noticed it was under renovation with the completion date by the end of March. We called two weeks before to confirm that all renovation were on-track and almost completed.

We have previously stayed at Hilton properties after they have completed renovation and have noticed the difference.

From the very minute we got on the elevator and in our room - it was a complete disappointment.

Elevator - damage tiles, old carpets, and a carpet was even covering a hole in the floor. Staff said the elevator was the last to get renovation and would after all the work was done.

Room - the furniture in the room did not look brand new, but was clean. I guess the all wood look was not what I expect from an updated room. The carpet might be new, but again does not look like it.
Bathroom - no way this was renovated. Old tile with an dated tub. The light fixture could not have been new and if so, they are rounded plastic tubes.
Door stopper was missing and the light switch was dented inward - like it was melted. Again, how can this be an updated room.

I called to question if the first room we were assigned was renovated. They mentioned we could move to a room with a full ocean view for $20.00/night more and it had vaulted ceiling. So, we agreed. No vaulted ceilings and the condition above was the second room we went into.

Hot water - not really. It took 3 to 5 minutes to get hot water (bathroom sink or shower) and then this lasted so one person could take a shower. The second person need to shower in luke warm water.

We raised concerns with front desk on check out and told them this was the most disappointing stay we ever had with a Hilton property.

Finally, we mentioned at checkout that two wine glasses had been in the hallway since we checked in Friday and still were not picked up when we checked out on Monday.

The front desk staff was extremely nice, but it seems management/ownership of this hotel property does have work to do. Maybe another complete renovation.

2  Thank Nogolfiq
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Your satisfaction is so important to us and we're really proud of our cosmetic updates. However, I'm so sorry to hear that your experience was disappointing and that lets me know we certainly have some room for improvement. I'm sharing your comments with our staff so we can address the maintenance and cleanliness issues and appreciate that you brought these concerns to us. We really hope you'll consider staying with us again and allowing us the opportunity to make your next experience here in Myrtle Beach, a pleasant one.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We actually went to Myrtle Beach to hear about the Hilton Grand Vacations and HGV put us up at the Hilton. Although not free, but honestly not much less then we would have paid had we booked directly and not dealt with the craziness of hearing about the vacation club.
Though we heard little noise from the construction, we apparently did not recieve a room that had been re-modeled. There was mold in the shower, it appeared the vacuum cleaner spit out more then it took in because after our maid service we had all kinds of things on our carpet. Once our bathroom was mopped (I guess) we had hair (and not our hair), foot prints etc. on the bathroom floor. Upon first arriving, we went to Wal-Mart and bought a big can of Lysol and sprayed the room so much we had to open the balcony door because we could hardly breathe but we certainly were concerned with the cleaniness of the room so that was our best option. Upon turning down the beds, we had two doubles, there were stains on the sheets on both beds. Needless to say those sheets took a bath in Lysol. Thank goodness we brought our own blankets, just wish I would had brought my own sheets and pillows too. The view was great from our room but the only place you would want to sit was either at the desk chair (there is only one) or the balcony chairs (very chilly weekend) so you really can't enjoy the view.

We did enjoy the breakfast buffet and our waitress was great. The buffet seemed a little pricey since the rooms are not that cheap but I guess that is how it goes. You pay for the convenience of not having to have to drive somewhere else first thing in the morning.

It is truly unbelievable how much they charge for parking and the parking deck stays packed so you end up on the upper decks unless you pay more for the valet service. We also did not want or need a bell boy to take our luggage so upon arrival we had to search for someone to get us a luggage cart that did not have anywhere to hang anything and had a tough time rolling. (they don't want you to have the nicer ones that the bell boys use) At departure, my husband was able to get one of the better ones by grabbing it once someone had loaded their car but was given a rude comment for not using the bell boy. We had already spent enough at the crappy "resort" and did not want to spend more money for this awful few days away.

I guess it is good we were put up at the Hilton, because that made it a very easy decision not to buy into the vacation club. Not because of the price but because of how nasty their Hitlon hotel is in Myrtle Beach. I can only assume other properties share this same nastiness. Who wants to pay all of that for accomondations that are dirty and not well kept up?

We were thinking since it was right before the spring breaks and Easter the hotel would be in tip top shape especially since undergoing a 30+million dollar renovation. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

1  Thank madmax65
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you so much for alerting us to the unfortunate experience you had. You should expect clean, comfortable surroundings and unclean rooms are not acceptable. This has been addressed and our current processes are being reviewed to make additional improvements. We really value your business and appreciate your feedback. We hope you will reconsider giving us another chance and if I can be of any service in the future, certainly let me know.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I were here for a long weekend in early March and I guess it was just the off season. There was construction going on, the pools were pretty dirty, and the cleaning ladies knocked on our door at 8:30 in the morning! The location was nice and the view was fantastic, but all-in-all not what I would expect from a Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We're so glad that you and your husband chose to stay with us for a weekend getaway. I apologize for the construction disruptions and appreciate your flexibility. While we're very excited for our hotel updates, we understand that guest comfort is equally as important. We're working with our staff and the construction team to minimize as much impact on our guests as possible. We're also sharing your feedback with them about the housekeeping service times and unclean pool. Please come see us again once our renovations are complete and let us know what you think.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

While attending a medical conference, I stayed here and while the rooms were clean and the staff and bars/restaurant were wonderful, the rooms were a little run down not to mention the elevators.... The wave patterns on the elevator walls were cool, but only one of the four elevators was nice. The others had severe scuff marks and chips missing from the wood... Sad, really.
Also, one would expect that for $180/night, we would have free WiFi, or at least good WiFi that costs $9.95/ day. Every 10 - 15 minutes I had to relog on.... Hard to watch a NetFlix movie in the rain when you have to relog..... Pathetic.

I did enjoy Emily at the restaurant and David at the Veranda Bar, but was most impressed by the new girl Shannon at the Veranda Bar on our second night who never even batted an eye at our impromptu pajama party at the bar. Very knowledgeable at shots and mixed drinks and kind and very, very friendly. The only thing that topped Shannon was the wandering manager Keith who was the most hospitable and made us feel welcome. If the place were falling apart around our heads, we would come back just for Michigan Keith and Shannon alone! Good people!

• Stayed: March 2013