“no problem for us”
Review of St. John's Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
St. John's Inn
Ranked #138 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
charlotte
“no problem for us”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

older hotel across the street from beach. 10 ft. deep pool, which is rare these days to find and very spacious pool lounging area was nice too. room balcony spacious as well. room was fine for us and all caravelle amenities available to use. just a money saver by being across the street. microwave/fridge/coffee maker included. one oddity was i noticed they did not restock coffee after making room the next day and i was told that coffee provided for your first night stay only.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank charlottedeacon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pikeville,ky
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We came into town a night early and needed a place to stay so we thought we would stay here. Oh my a big mistake!! The room we stayed in was very outdated and wore out!! The beds where broke down wall paper was peeling off the walls. Had that 80's look and smell. We was on the 2nd floor and the guest above us woke us up around midnight screaming and cursing this went on for at least 2 hours. Parking lot not needs more lighting. Didnt really feel safe!! The outside looked clean. The people at the front desk was nice I can say that. We went swimming at the caravelle which is across the street the pools wasn't very clean and was cold for June so we tried the 7th floor pool. The smell of chlOrine was so strong it was burning our nose ad eyes. So after all this I would not stay here again.m

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jjtaylor16

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Swainsboro, Georgia
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We recently stayed at St Johns inn, which is a property of The Caravelle Resort. Our room was a basic hotel room but had a small kitchenette which with two kids proved to be great! The room was very clean and had been newly renovated. The pool was AWESOME> very very clean and the kids loved it! We will visit again! it was great for the value!

Room Tip: the bottom floor rooms are great because they open up into the pool area! you can literally walk out...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for labor day weekend and was on a tight budget. We booked this room for the price through bookit.com and at first we thought we were staying at the large Caravelle Resort. After finding out we were actually staying at a hotel accross the street and read the reviews we were a little worried. However once we got to the room we were pleased for what we got for the money. The room was a little outdated but it was clean and the pool was nice and quiet.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank magz999
raleigh, nc
Reviewed August 25, 2011

So the room was just okay. The furniture and tv were a little outdated. It was clean and the staff was nice. We were disappointed because we checked in at the Caravelle and thought were staying there. If I did stay there again it would be for the pool. Its one of the nicest ones Ive seen in a while and goes up to 12 feet. Quiet too.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Wrote this reveiw for St. Johns in Originally but booked with Caravelle. I was unaware that they would put me in this hotel. It was advertised on hotels.com rating this hotel under Caravelle Resorts as a 3/4 rating. Please be careful when booking through this resort because the sister facilities is definitely no where compared to the pics and rating you see online. I am in the process of getting a refund for the night that I didn't stay, which will be received through Caravelle and it has been a time consuming task.

I just came back from a trip that I took with friend to this hotel. I booked online at hotels.com. I initially thought that I would be staying at the Caravelle Resort because when booking online that was the hotel that I chose. I misread that the room that I picked was the St. Johns Inn, it was one of there sister facilities that they use. We checked in late in the evening so that went well. When we went into the room, it seemed okay at first. After being there for an hour, I noticed a palmetto bug but other words A Large Cockroach! It was crawling around on the floor in the room. I try not to complain about things because others have it much worse but when you pay your hard earned money into these places, you expect decency. That night I complained to the hotel and they informed me that they were booked and didn't have anything else. When mentioning the bug infestation they seemed to already know about it and was not concerned. This leads me to believe that they knew about it and choose not to do anything about it. At that point I was pondering on staying anyway. When I got back into the room, my friends informed me that the refridgerator smelled as if spoiled food was in it and they tried to used household cleaners to get rid of the smell. They next morning my friend took a bath and another bug was crawling on her in the shower. I decided to go to another hotel after this. Now I am in the process of getting my money back from hotels.com. This in itself was a hassle, having to call into hotels.com, them verifying my checkout date. I called hotels.com the day that I checked out so they could confirm, although they have it on record that I checked out, the manager tried to say that Caravelle didn't have it on record that I checked out and is giving me a hard time about getting my money refunded for the nights that I didn't stay. I just think that rating this hotel online as a 3/4 is definitely an understatement so don't fall for it. At this moment I have been on hold for 1hour and 58 mins but I will do what I have to do to get my 300 dollars back from a company that doesn't deserve it. As long as you are aware what you are getting into when staying here. If I knew ahead of time at least I would have know what I am getting into.

Likes
Location to main attractions

Dislikes
Palmetto/Roaches infestation in the rooms
Fridgerator/appliances not kept up (ours smelled like spoiled food with the aroma of household cleaners)
Caravelle lack of communication amongst receptionist/manager of unsatisfied guests

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Atisha R
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Likes
Location to main attractions

Dislikes
Palmetto/Roaches infestation in the rooms

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends