“Nice place”
Review of Serendipity Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Serendipity Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Myrtle Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We were looking to stay in a different kind of place instead of a hotel. The place was easy to find, plenty of parking. The room was pretty, the WIFI worked well, we liked the DVD player, the bed was great. Everything was very clean and taken care of. Our room was cleaned daily and nothing was disturbed. The owner was nice, our breakfast was freshly made and you had several choices to pick from. It is a distant to the ocean to walk, it can be done but it was too far for our taste. The only down side maybe when they get busy you may have issue with hearing other guests. We did not have a problem but they were not too busy when we stayed. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 16, 2010

A little unassuming place, off the highway and two blocks from the beach. Clean, comfortable room, with a home made delicious breakfast. They definitely know southern hospitality. Owners were overly kind and kept my father in-law company as we had an appointment. Definitely will be back if just for the hospitality!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My wife & I stayed at the Serendipity Inn for three nights in November. Our room, the "London Bridge", included a kitchenette and was clean & comfortable. And the bathroom shower was the best ! ! ! Although open and available, the weather was too cool for us to use the pool and hot tub.

Breakfast was served each morning & consisted of fresh-cut fruits, cereals, freshly baked cakes as well as a different egg casserole offered each morning in addition to the usual beverages...coffees,assorted teas and juices.

If you're heading to Myrtle Beach...try this bed and breakfast. It's got everything a motel or condo has minus the crowds and commercialization.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Serendipity Inn is about 3 blocks from the beach and it's not a bad walk. This place is okay and the breakfast is nice. Our room was just a little shabby and had too sweet a smell. It made me feel like they were covering up something. Light in the "kitchenette" didn't work so it was pretty much unusable. The other thing that surprised me a bit was that there was no micro in the unit. That seems pretty basic to me. We were there in shoulder season and for the money we could have done better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kathymay
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Since the hotel where my event was located was full, I used TripAdvisor to find another alternative. The good reviews and low price prompted me to try this "B and B". I only was able to have one breakfast of the three mornings since it is only open from 8 to 930, and then it was only passable in quality. The free wifi did not work in my room and only on and off around the small pool, so I gave up on it after the second day. Be forewarned - ATT phones do not work in most of the rooms - and only barely in most of the premises. The rooms are old and it is like going back in time by 40+ years. On the second night, the people in the room next to me had their TV on loud until about 2 am - the walls are paper-thin and it was impossible to sleep. If you need to save money and are willing to put up with lower quality accomodations, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank confndr
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here after reading some good reviews on Trip Advisor. These reviews were an understatement. The place was immaculate, the owner and manager couldn't be any nicer if he tried, central location to the beach and some great dining and other attractions, and was a great place to just relax. The breakfast in the morning is amazing with homecooked food and fresh fruits and juices. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to vacation down in Myrtle Beach and will be going back myself one day as well!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My wife and I found Serendipity many years ago soon after Serendipity first started out. We have enjoyed our stays each time. The proprietor Phil and his lovely wife have created a little snug haven right off of Kings Highway (rte 17). Most of the furnishings are real antiques! Every room has a unique theme just for fun. All rooms also have a refrigerator, tv, dvd, etc., and some have even more. Very peaceful, calm and quite.
A two block walk is all it takes to get to the beach for the day and is close enough to return if you wish to during the day. Parking is readily available by the beach as well. The pool is very refreshing after a day of sun or after a nice supper. The facility is welcoming and the atmosphere is that of a true B&B with a style all its own. Go! Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple