“peaceful, quiet, quaint, and pleasant”
Review of Serendipity Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Serendipity Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Myrtle Beach B&B and Inns
kentucky
“peaceful, quiet, quaint, and pleasant”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

My sister and i were there for a vacation/sister time after our mother passed in march.
The manager Phil was oh so pleasant, helpful with information.He made us feel so welcomed when we arrived. we told him a friend had suggested this place, he stays here when his business takes him in this direction. We stayed a week and had severl conversations with phil (we never did meet kay, his wife) I can't wait till my husband and i travel that direction, i'll make sure we stay there, it was so peaceful you'd never so much was going on just outside those fences. The breakfast was wonderful and the room was terrific. I'd recommend this to anybody who enjoys peaceful-quiet-quality time with family, or on business. I LOVED THE FIREPIT

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Charleston
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I am a health care professional and most years our annual convention is held in Myrtle Beach. They usually have the convention at a 4 star, $300 a night ocean front hotel. I have always stayed where the convention was held. Not this year. I found Serendipity by accident, read all of the good reviews and jumped in. Still, I didn't know what to expect when I arrived. Jeeze was this place clean. Someone had really spent a lot of time developing the pool area into a nice place to hang out. There was a gas log firepit, a hot tub, chaise lounges and outdoor tables and chair arrangements with umbrellas so you could play cards if you wanted. It was so quiet. Everyone I met was super nice. No one you meet will be pretentious here, unlike the 4 star resorts. If you need something, walk 20 steps to the reception area and get Phil and he will take care of your problem. At the 4 star, call the front desk and wait 20 minutes for your extra towel or shampoo. The Inn is in a quiet residential neighborhood two blocks from the beach. It's a very easy walk in a very safe area. I did eat at the Mexican restaurant, which is basically next door. It was excellent. The next night I walked across the street to the Outback Steakhouse, it was OK. It goes to show you that the best things in life are off brand.. I'm telling you, you can't go wrong staying here. Take it from an idiot like me who somehow can justify spending 300 to 500 bucks a night on a hotel. I think I'm going to change that strategy. I'll tell ya what, if you stay here and you aren't happy...send me the bill. Chris

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ChristoCharleston
Burlington, NC
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I have to say that for what I was looking for this was perfect. My wife and I do not really care for the beach but we like to stay at myrtle beach. Serendipity was so centered and just all around perfect. Phil was able to help me with roses & choc. strawberries for my wife (we were celebrating our 6th anniversary.) The rooms are like staying at your grandma's house. Older but nice. I have to say that if you want to stay in myrtle and not have a million people to share the pool and spa with this is it. The breakfast was continental style but let me tell you it was awesome. If you like shiny and new and noise then don't stay here. Thanks Phil for being so helpful and accomadating.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We have been here off and on for over eleven years. This place is small (15 units I think). It's very calming, and quiet and a nice place to unwind. If you are looking for ultra modern furnishings, then go downtown to a large hotel chain for a lot more $$$. This place is clean. NO BUGS. You have fresh crisp, clean sheets and towels. The pool is maticulously clean. The Breakfast offers fresh fruit, pastry, sometimes a hot dish along with the standards. A lot more than most continental breakfast buffets. Phil is always willing to give you recommendations and take time to visit. He also can tell when his guests want to be left alone and doesn't bother them. The beach and a few restaurants along with miniature golf are in walking distantance or a short ride will get you to all the attractions Myrtle Beach has to offer. A lot of their guests come back year after year and we've had the pleasure of meeting some very nice people here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmamerica
SC
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We went for a nights getaway in the middle of the week, We had a queen room on the ground floor by the pool. Phil was accomodating to our request upon arrival to switch to a first floor room. The pool and hot tub were real nice. The place was quiet, and not real crowded. The room was nice sized. The cleanliness of the bathroom was a little lax. We found half used bottles of shampoo and conditioner and no soap. and hair in the sink and shower. This seems to be a common theme in most of the reviews. I think he could use a little help, for I think he is trying to do it all by himself. The breakfast was very good, with a terrific egg casserole, and a nice selection of continental breakfast items. He does need to keep a pitcher of cold water out during breakfast. Also, I think that breakfast should be served from 8-10, instead of until 9:30. But it was one of the best continental breakfasts i ever had. Even though I like children, I do not think it was great for children. Not alot in this area of Myrtle beach for young children, and still a good 2 block walk to the beach. Also, the breakfast area is small, and when we went there was a family with 2 small children who, while they were not being bad, were very loud. However, this is up to the parent to control and have respect for others. Other slight complaints; control of the a/c was in the ajoining room. our room was too warm. I think the main problem is that Phil is doing most if not all of this work himself. That can be very taxing. I thought he was very helpful and very accomodating but seemed very stressed. I think he definitly needs some extra hands. Over all this is a super nice place and I certainly would return. It is also a very good value. I have a motto never leave home without a can of lysol it works wonders and solves a lot of problems on your own. Also after reading many of the reviews there are a few I think are completely off base. Signs are posted, and the rules are simple ones if you have manners. The rules are set up for a reason. Most B AND B'S I have been at have rules, and quite frankly were much stricter than these. Remember this is a shore resort area. Also the breakfast type is made very clear on the web site and at the inn.

Danville, California
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Very cute and cozy. Room was small and old-fashioned, but comfortable. Even though there are outside corridors it felt safe to leave a window open and sit outside because the entire courtyard is enclosed and away from cars and traffic (but bring bug spray- the mosquitoes were hungry!). Very convenient to the beach- there were even bikes to take for a spin. Tasty breakfast and friendly service. Price seemed very good for the amenities.

Wilmington
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Serendipity is a quaint, lovely, quiet retreat at the beach. It has a nice pool, jacuzzi, and only a few blocks from the ocean. The breakfast is continental style but there are nice surprises of warm coffee cake and hot egg, potato, and cheese breakfast casseroles most mornings. The rooms are very clean and decorated in quaint styles. The owner, Phil Mullins, is always around to assist you. Two years ago he washed our car which was covered with signs of "Just Married" so we returned for our second anniversary. I know you will love the place!