“Loved and still do Driftwood”

Driftwood at the Boardwalk
Ranked #161 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved and still do Driftwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2005

Can not believe what i read here personal problems being blamed on such a great place to stay. We sayed at driftwood our first trip in ove 6 years ago and have stayed many times since, and for a smaller hotel its the best at Mrytle Beach.......

• Stayed August 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2005

I just got back from stayin at driftwood it was my first trip to myrtle beach and I loved it, The trip was kinda a short notice trip so when we tried to reserve a room at all the other hotels they were all booked so we tried driftwood and they were SUPER nice. They fixed us up with a great room and a AWESOME ocean view. The rooms did need a few minor touches but other than that it was a great trip i defiently look forward to another trip to myrtle beach!!!

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2005

It was our first time to the beach and my boys was so excited about going. But we just happened to get there three days before the bikers would leave and it was awful. To much nasty things going on for children and you could'nt hardly move around and no place to park and it was so loud and all they was doing was partying and drinking and smoking dope. It was awful and our room was dirty, smelling, no clean towels and my 11 yr old son found a switch blade knife under the bed in our room and it rained in our window and on top of that the air tore up. Could'nt sleep and all these women showing things they should'nt around children and my husband was right in on all the action of course he likes to drink and look at naked women and take their pictures. I would never go that time of the year again or would I want to stay in the room we stayed in. Stuff I seen and heard down there was sick. Could'nt sit outside for all the drinking and you could smell the pot they was smoking and my son has ASTHMA and people should consider other people, cause not everyone like to do the stuff that went on those 3dys and nights.EXSPECIALLY AROUND CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2004
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2004

dirty sheets, hair in the bed. Large rats outside, and smelley. Bathroom was dirty. very unfriendly front desk. will never stay there again.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Maggie Valley, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2004

I can't believe the bad reviews I have read about the Driftwood. My family has gone for the past 3 summers and have loved every minute of it. First of all after your first stay they send out coupons for a free night (so the past 2 years we have had our last night there free). The rooms are very clean (every day the friendly housekeeping crew come and clean up), the people at the desk are very accomodating. Both pools are kept very clean, and never too much chlorine (the times I have been there). The ocean front room has an awesome view and the beach is right there. It's not but a short walk away from the Pavilion and beach shops but far enough away so that its not too loud or crazy. I think its a perfect beach spot that I would recommend to anyone!

12 Thank smokeymtnfamily
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2004

Noisey, this was not on ht e weekend that we were there a family resort, like the bruchure said. If you want to party come here! What a shame for families like ours

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2004

We have stayed two years there once on 5th floor and once 3yd the dooms were fair the people were nice. the pool was terrible too much clhorine we will likey be back . in september love yor city and your state .

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Surfside Beach
Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion
Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at ...
#137 of 207 in Myrtle Beach
Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach
Sandpebble Beach Club, a Festiva Destination

Been to Driftwood at the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!