“If your not into fancy places, this is it”

Driftwood at the Boardwalk
Ranked #162 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 20, 2009

This was our second year staying at the Driftwood. The rooms were clean. We had prompt cleaning service for our room. During the off season some repairs were made such as: new oceanfront picture windows in the rooms, new mattresses, and refinished furniture in rooms, and new pool furniture. The best part of this hotel is the two oceanfront pools. The pools and the pool decks were always clean. Also, the location is great. We parked our car the day we got there and did not get into it again until we left. The only thing that we did not like was the hotel's website listed renovations that have not been made. If you have children going with you, this hotel will ask their ages when you make reservations and they will tell you that it is a family oriented hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Driftwood at the Boardwalk

Reviewed October 29, 2008

This is the second year my husband and I have stayed at the Driftwood. It is an older hotel located on the beach but the grounds are extremely well-maintained. A lot of hotels advertise "heated" pools, but these folks DO heat their pool for the guests. The office staff is so helpful with information and hotel needs. We will return again next year with many of our friends from Muncie, Indiana as well as others we have met from Pennsylvania and Canada. What a great vacations spot at such a reasonable price. The ocean view is breath-taking. This place is a simply a wonderful vacation spot.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank KristineR
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Myrtle Beach: Driftwood Lodge,Myrtle Beach,South Carolina
Date: Sept.23,2008
Reviewer:A TripAdviser Member

My friend and I stayed at Driftwood Lodge,for 4 days.
We wanted an Oceanfront room,which we got.However,
we had just unpacked our belongings and locked the
door,when we decided to get some lunch.The deadlock
wouldn't open! We were locked Inside.After calling
Management,a guy climbed on to our balconey and ask
if we were locked inside.He came in and couldn't unlock
the door.So,he moved us to another room.The carpet in
both rooms looked like it had been there for a very long
time...it was hard to see what color it was suppose to be,
because it was so nasty and the room smelled bad.Still,
because it was cheap,(now we know why),we decided to
stay.
The first night was okay,at least the beds slept good.
The second night,the family above us was fighting,running
across the floor,screaming and dropping something over the balconey.I went inside,so I could have some peace and quiet.
I told the Management about it and they said,Sorry about that.
I will not stay there,ever again!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank babetravels
Reviewed August 20, 2008

Well were can I start.... yes the hotel is a older hotel, ...BUT...very clean and the hotel staff was so wonderful and made my stay so nice, I fell like I was family.... any thing I needed was taken care of right away, anything, I asked for was granted, the hotel front desk and managers were so nice to us... and you don't see this very often, AS a manager myself, I think the customer service I recieved there was AAAAA+++++, thank you so much for making my stay so wonderful, I will be back in sept, oct and most definetley be back next year.....Please thank the whole staff for me....you are all very special people....
A very happy guest
susann amato...room 428

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank susannamato
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I booked a 4 night stay through Expedia. The pictures on the website were very deceiving. The hotel was very run down, dirty, and smelled very bad. I am not the type of person who needs a 4 star, fancy hotel, however, I do expect safe and clean. This hotel did not even meet that expectation. I had to fight with Expedia to get moved to another hotel. I am still hoping that I will get my refund that they promised.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank wvkaratemom
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I stayed at Driftwood this past weekend. As I approached Driftwood all I noticed was individuals standing on the balcony of the hotel drinking and yelling at cars as they rode by the hotel. The yelling continued all night until I don't know. The rooms were okay. The bathroom was clean and updated, that's about it. The living room/kitchen could use some updating and a very good cleaning. The whole weekend we did not see housekeeping nor did anyone clean our room. We reported to the front desk and they were like tell the manager in the morning when you check out. So when we check out the hotel, we told the manager about the room not being cleaned she was like okay. I was like just okay and she was like you should have told housekeeping. I was like if I seen housekeeping I would have told them thats the problem, I did not see them all weekend. It's okay but I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2008

My husband and I have been staying for over 5 yrs now and only stayed due to the fact that all our friends stayed because of the location. We pretty much stayed to sleep. The rooms were always smelly, the appliances are outdated, the doors use a regular key, the carpet was exposing the cracked concrete and the building rails are rusted and the overhanges are rusted and cracking. We had to keep pushing our plugs into the wall sockets, the shades on the lamps over the bed kept falling off. The shower pressure was terrible. Not to mention getting electroculed by the stove in the 3rd building. After many complaints to the office, we were asked to leave and not return. Well we did and in fact moved to a place that was $ 150.00 a week cheaper (right next door), washer and dryer, dishwasher,full refrid and it smelled wonderful. All modern and up to date. As a result our friends (9 couples) checked out our new motel and they are going to move next year. We thought because it was a family owned business we would be treated like family. Not , Be afraid.

• Stayed: May 2008
Sandpebble Beach Club, a Festiva Destination
Sea Mystique, a Festiva Resort
Sea Mystique, a Festiva Resort
#5 of 9 in Garden City Beach

Been to Driftwood at the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!