“Decent Hotel For The Money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Driftwood at the Boardwalk

You added Driftwood at the Boardwalk to your Saves list
Driftwood at the Boardwalk
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oceanfront at 16th Ave. N., Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-0485 (Formerly Driftwood Lodge Myrtle Beach)   |
Ranked #180 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Decent Hotel For The Money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is very outdated as everyone has said in previous reviews. I only took the elevator once when we first got there to carry my luggage. It's definietly broken down I'm surpise it doesn't get stuck. We had an oceanfront room which was nice room was pretty clean. The first morning there we went for a walk on the beach around 9 and by the time we got back about 45 minutes later, our room was already cleaned up. Unfortunately, this was the only time it was cleaned early. The rest of the time it was done late afternoon and we had to call a couple times because by 4 they still had not come. Also, one time them came in gave us clean towels, empty the trash and that was it did not make the beds or sweep. We also had an issue by the pool. There was a puddle by my aunts chair which she thought was just water. Turns out, it was some type of bleach or amonia. Her beach towel, beach cover up and beach bag were all ruined and had big bleach type spots on them. We advised the management of this they advise they will send her a refund but will have to wait and see. Other than that with the hotel you get what you pay for. The rooms are decent for just laying your head down at night. The location is great and walking distance of many places. If you're looking for something fancy with lots of ameneities, I wouldn't stay here but if you're looking for a decent hotel for a good price then I would.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband had gotten permission to park next to building from night manager d/t no spots. Staff member Richard took it upon himself to to verbal intimidating and increasingly physically threating with my husband. Getting closer n closer trying to intimidate him. We had to go to another location to speak with the owner Mr Chapman, we r currently waiting on a response . So no I do not recommend this location. The maids also did not come until we called office n asked but they did do a good job when they came.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Traci26101

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I hate that so many people have written bad things about this motel because it had me more worried the closer our vacation got! We took a girls' trip from Aug 3 to the 6th. We got there about an hour before check in and were able to get right in the room. It is an older motel, but the room was perfect for us. There were no bugs, and it definitely didn't smell. Everything was clean! We stayed in the oceanfront efficiency in the main building. Our kitchen/dining area was awesome. Our friends stayed down the street at the Holiday Inn at the Pavilion, and while it is obviously newer with more amenities, the room was much smaller than ours. We got a great deal and a great room. Room service was on top of it as well. We had our room clean and ready to go everyday we came back from the beach with extra bath towels. I picked this motel for the price and the location, and I am overly satisfied with my experience here.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 208. Oceanfront efficiency with adequate amount of room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank crystalszym
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Smells horrid, the elevator barely runs. Only good thing is the location. Comforters and rooms are very outdated. Needs major cleaning and renovation. Wouldn't stay here again. No amenities, no breakfast. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DisappointingHotel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Was staying here july 16-20 and Yes this hotel is a bit run down but overall I had a good experience. I was mainly down in Myrtle Beach for golfing and enjoyment. My room was clean and the service I had no problem with.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mikehaddixjr
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Outdated, smells really bad, elevator does not works properly, does not have any amenities, no service, kitchen is old and nasty, tv's is a 27" and this is a Jr suite, linen is worn out, with stains all over, entrance door is plastic, not safe.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank myrtca
Statesville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Arrived to check in and was told that my reservation had been cancelled and my credit card credited but was charged for a late reservation cancel and charged $15.00. I had not cancelled my reservation and in fact had checked back to confirm. They did not have another room with the amenities I had reserved. I will not be reserving with them in the future. Very disappointing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Surfside Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 85 reviews
Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at the Pavilion
Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort at ...
#133 of 218 in Myrtle Beach
Bay View on the Boardwalk
Bay View on the Boardwalk
#32 of 218 in Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,924 reviews

Been to Driftwood at the Boardwalk? Share your experiences!