“Good value if you are going for the crab legs”
Review of Ocean Garden Buffet - CLOSED

Ocean Garden Buffet
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Rochester, NY
“Good value if you are going for the crab legs”
Reviewed August 11, 2009

If you are looking to get your fill of crab legs, then this is the most economical place to go. Crabs are all you can eat and served warm. They were delicious. The prime rib was OK for me but the rest of my group deemed it unedible. There was a lot of chinese on the buffet, which was good but if you have young ones, they might have trouble finding things they will eat. They did have chicken nuggets and mac and cheese, tho. My teenagers had their share of sweet and sour chicken. The selection could have been better but my husband and I were there for the crab legs so we definitely got our fill of that. Service was good and atmosphere was OK, nothing fancy. Deserts were a bit cheezy - hard store bought cookies, dry cake and a tarimisu. It was nice to have two different prices for those eating crab and those who don't. It was $17.95 with crab and $10.95 without. There is also a 10% off coupon in Monster coupon book.

1 Thank Wedahams

ajm724
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, reasonable price”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

After eating at the Original Benjamins, my family liked Ocean Garden better. It is a chinese/seafood buffet but there was other food too. Two of my kids don't like chinese or seafood but they managed to eat enough to get full. There is a Mongolian grill so you can create your own dish too. We ate at a different chinese/seafood buffet later that week and it was not as good as Ocean Garden. The prices are reasonable and there are coupons in the various coupon books.

1 Thank ajm724
Pittsburgh, PA
“Not a bad choice for the money”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I don't expect a 5 star Michelin or Zagats experience from a buffet and neither should you. While not a large variety of food, the staples of any Chinese buffet were there. There was some American Southern style food to choose from too. Again, not a huge selection, but what was available was hot and fresh and of decent quality. The crab legs were decent quality.

The decor was a bit tired, but I don't go to a buffet for the decor, I go expecting a variety of food. The price was a good value($11.95 without crab legs, $18 with crab legs) considering half of our 9 person party didn't like or didn't want crab legs. Our server was good at clearing our old plates and refreshing our drinks. Since the Ocean Garden Buffet isn't quite in Restaurant Row in North Myrtle ( there a two locations) we were seated quickly at 6pm. No one in my party tried the Mongolian Grill, so I can't comment on that.

If you want top notch, look elsewhere. If you want a selection of food and cooking styles to choose from that are of decent quality, crab legs optional pricing and a reasonable price with crab legs, the Ocean Garden Buffet is worth a try in my opinion.

1 Thank frompitpa
Lexington, Kentucky
“It would be better to spend a little more money elsewhere”
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We went to this place because we were on a tight budget and they had the cheapest buffet in town. Well I was a little disapointed for one because the ad in a local coupon book said NOTHING about this being a "chineese" seafood buffet. --I hate chineese food. Anyways they had VERY LITTLE seafood. I guess I didn't expect this place to be as good as the Giant Crab because it was so cheap (12$ for all you can eat and 18$ if you are crablegs). The service was ok--nothing special. One of the crablegs had little black seed looking things on them (turned out to be parasites) and the waitress said "oh that good for you go head and eat) I just looked at her and told her to eat it. Overall the ad in the coupon book was way off. They advertised they had over 100 seafood items. This place didn't even have 100 items period. It also said it was the "biggest seafood buffet in town." Yeah right! If it mean the biggest ripoff then yeah I agree with that. I would have left if I wasnt with 5 other people who decided to stay. I would rather spend 30 bucks at another place then spend 1 dollar here again.

Clarksville, Tennessee
“Very Good!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We eat here everytime we are in the area!! It is so good and has a wonderful selection!! Lunch is only around 7 dollars and supper around 12 dollars!! Its a great place to eat. Come hungary!!

1 Thank Jennyb8420