“Average”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We tried this Chinese buffet for a change from the seafood buffets, and it wasn't bad. The food quality was good and so was price. The location was also nice and close to all. I wouldn't say that it's my favorite Chinese buffet in Myrtle Beach, but not bad. I think I might give it another chance after trying other Chinese buffets in town first.

• Visited December 2012

Virginia
“"Unexpected" restaurant for crab legs”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited this restaurant for the first time the week after Labor day. We were a little leary because there weren't many people there. Then again there was a football game going on that night. I added the crableg option to my buffet. I am sure happy I did! They were the largest, freshest crablegs I have ever eaten. The claws were huge,, it took two bites to eat them! I stuck mainly with the crablegs but others in my party really enjoyed the prime rib and the hibachi grill.. I was very impressed with this restaurant. The manager went out of his way to make our visit enjoyable. We will be back!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank nantsVirginia
Little River
“Clearly they had been going downhill.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The deterioration was slow and painful. Alas, according to myrtlebeachrestaurantnews.com, a great publication, as of approx. September 26th, Ocean Garden Buffet has been closed permanently, either by the owners or by the Department (I can't tell) following a truly disgusting D.H.E.C. inspection report that you can link to and read. Maybe the owners felt that the aging, deteriorating place could not justify the cost of fixing the numerous violations, not to mention making much needed repairs and improvements and some desperately needed freshening up. I suppose, in keeping with M.B. tradition, we can look forward to yet another chain beachwear store, chain fireworks store, chain drugstore, chain burger/sandwich store, chain whatever store, to take its place. Alas, poor Ocean Garden, I knew ye well. You were pretty good in your day.

• Visited September 2012
“Horrible & not worth spending a penny!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

They need to first change their sign out front....this a great example of false advertising. The waitress was very unpleasant and not welcoming at all. The food was horrible, there were no crab legs and hardly any seafood. Food was salty and deserts were stale.

Dalzell, SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst restaruant I have ever been to”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Food terrible Was not hot and quality bad, Service bad. They should have told us they were closing and not seated us. Failed to credit coupon to ticket, Brought water with no ice, it was warm. Could not get someone to cook our food at the fix your own chinese buffet. Screwed up the credit card payment. I will never go to this place again.

• Visited August 2012