“Dear Gordon, please put one of your restaurants near my house”

Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 915 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I spent a snowy and icy 6 nights in MB in late January. We're from CT, so the weather didn't bother us much even though it did close many businesses for a day or two.

During our stay, we went to Gordon Biersch at Market Commons 3 times, first for a beer, then lunch and then dinner. A very little of that was because it was close and convenient but only a very little. The beer (marzen year round!!) was great, as was the homemade root beer. Everything we ate was terrific - brat sliders, fries, burger, steak. Maybe the burger was alittle overdone but that was the only flaw, and a minor one at that.

Prices seemed very fair for what you got and were even better for happy hour.

Would we return? Absolutely.

1  Thank ed a

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This time we sat at a table in the bar. The service is good and we all wanted burgers. We knew the burgers would be good, and they were. We ordered them with garlic fries, and that was the only disappointment. You could taste barely a hint of garlic, and that was a stretch. On the flip side, while we were not impressed with the garlic fries this time, the burgers were fantastic.

We will definitely go back, and hopefully the chef will actually put some garlic on the garlic fries next time!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went to Gordon Biersch on 1/19/2014 because out of town family was staying at Market Common Suites. Gordon Biersch had a menu placed in the suite, and it was a short walk for our family, plus the selection on the menu looked delicious.
We arrived at 5p.m. to a packed restaurant, and were seated immediately. Our waitress was very friendly and accommodating. We placed our orders, but it took at least 25 minutes before we got our food. I had a bowl of lobster ,bisque, and it tasted like it was poured from a can and barely heated. There was no sherry or lobster flavor whatsoever. I also had the artisan grilled cheese which was supposed to gruyere cheese, applewood bacon, and avocado mayo. It was a greasy mess with bacon that wasn't thoroughly cooked. My son ordered the fish and chips, and it was described as fish that was dipped in their homemade beer batter, then dredged in panko bread crumbs. It came with a side of apple cider vinegar slaw. What he got was a glorified, overcooked Mrs. Paul's fishsticks with nasty slaw! My sister ordered the Margherita Pizza, and she had it removed from our tab because the crust was soggy and inedible. There may be people who think Gordon Biersch has excellent food and service, but if they were with my family that evening and were served the food we got, they would have been disappointed too. I sent an e-mail to Gordon Biersch to give them feedback about our visit.....I have yet to get a response.

1  Thank Diane R
Miranda D, Guest Relations Manager at Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

I am truly sorry that you did not receive the quality experience you should have on your recent visit to our restaurant. I will be sure to share this information with our management team so that they are aware of your experience and take the appropriate steps to prevent this from happening again. If you would like to discuss your experience further with our Regional Manager, please email me at gbsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and I will be in touch.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Came here with a large group and after trying a bunch of restaurants at the Market Common, came here and got seated right away. My lemon drop martini was perfect. My food was really good and we all had a great time. My husband loved all the beer choices. It has a fun and festive atmosphere and the service was good too. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Granted, this was January but we went on a Saturday with 9 people and got seated promptly even though the place was packed and I can see why. The best part of the meal was the dark seasonal winter ale, I had to have a 2nd - VERY good beer! I had the seared Ahi and my wife had the Pecan Salmon and both were good and priced well. The prices were very fair and the quality was great so bang for the buck I would recommend you check this out!