“We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Myrtle Beach”
Review of Horizon at 77th

Horizon at 77th
Ranked #50 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I cannot say enough good things about Horizon. The staff bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. We needed a few extra things in the kitchen and received them right away. My daughter got strep throat while on the trip, and at 3:00 in the morning, the security guard walked us to our car and gave us (great) directions. We enjoyed the outdoor pool, whirlpool and lazy river. There was an indoor pool and whirlpool too, which we never used. We were not on the Ocean, but had a great view of it, and it only took 2 minutes to reach the beach once we walked out our condo. Horizon's sister hotel, Grand Shores, sits between the Horizon and the Ocean, which by the way, is open to the Horizon guests. You can use their pool, they have a cookout on the grill at lunchtime everyday by the pool and there is a restaurant there, which has a Happy Hour.special. The only thing I would recommend is bringing your own dish towels and cloths and most definitely your own pillows. All of Myrtle Beach was wonderful, but Horizon is in the "Very Good" side of town. There is tons to do and see. The condo was roomy and comfortable. We would recommend Horizon for sure! Oh, and I do like that in the evening, you have to show your parking permit to the security guard to enter the parking garage under the Horizon.

Reviewed March 31, 2010

Well the Stay was awesome. I loved the room and the view. The people were very nice, and i had a great time. Until I went down to find that our vehicle had been broken into. Then we found out that 4 other people had theres broken into also. After calling the cops to hear that there was nothing to do, we were apologized to. I lost cash and alot of personal info that i went through hell trying to get back. I think we should have gotten a free night out of it or something. But oh well. Then later doing an investigation into this. It turns out that this hotel has the highest rating of people getting robbed in the car garage. And parking in the front does not help, because thats where we were parked at. But i will say that the people were nice and the room was awesome. But i would not reccomend it because i would be afraod to get robbed again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2010

WOW! My family,along with my daughter's friend, just spent Spring Break here, IT has got to be THE best hotel EVER!!! We're already planning on going next year for our summer vacation...but LONGER. I could have stayed here forever! It was sooo spacious and gorgeous! The beds were extremely comfortable, and big. We were in the 3 BR condo with 1 King and 4 Queen-size beds. The 4 kids had a Queen=size bed all to themselves. Plus, the 2 girlls had their own bathroom and our boys had their own bathroom. We had our own beautiful and LG bathroom and then there was still a half bath too. WOW!!! And our view, from our 3 balconies, was spectacular!!! If I HAD to mention anything negative about the Horizon, I would have to say I was a little disappointed in a couple of things that I saw online but failed to see when we got there, and wished I would have asked ahead of time. 1. was that the master bath had no jacuzzi tub like it advertised. Don't get me wrong, it was very nice, just not a jacuzzi. AND 2. was that it mentioned, and showed pictures, of flat screen tvs in every room, 1 or 2 on the wall. There wasn't any...just regular. But when you weigh the 2...the perks FAR outweigh these minor things. We will DEFINITELY be back

Reviewed March 17, 2010

Yes, this is a place I would recommend....we actually stayed there thru one of the time share offers...and no we did not buy. But the stay in that hotel was one of the Best in Myrtle Beach at that time it was one of the newest hotels recently built. However, I would love to stay there again on our own dime. (of course at a discounted rate.)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2010

My Family and I had a Great time Was looking For quiet and relaxing time and we got it, especially at the pool area and it was during Spring Break, great location nice restaurants in the area did not have to travel miles away, room very clean just need more lighting in m/bedroom Love the tvs in everyroom also everybody was very polite and check person Kayne was great and explained every question I asked. Will go back

Reviewed February 25, 2010

Extravegant accomodations. 2 large bedrooms. Master BR & LR have sliding doors out to a balcony. Open concept. Kitchen granite & stainless steel. 3 flat screen TVs. 2 amazing bathrooms w/ whirlpool. Beach, pools, lazy river,hot tubs. Reasonable price. Will visit again! Soo much to do!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I usually don't write reviews although I do rely on them when choosing a hotel. Since this hotel received great reviews, and many helpful people posted pics, I decided to try it. It was definitely all that I expected and more. First I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and modern it was. Most of the materials used to build and decorate this condo was top notch. I loved the view. I almost didn't book it because it was not ocean front, and I was a little disappointed that I was given a second floor room. But when I looked over the balcony I still had a wonderful view of the ocean and the sun rise. My favorite thing about the room was the jetted tub. I took several baths in it and it was excellent. I only have one complaint, and it mirrors every other person...the pillows do suck : ) Easy fix though, just bring your own!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family