“Wonderful”
Review of Horizon at 77th

Horizon at 77th
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Yes, this is a place I would recommend....we actually stayed there thru one of the time share offers...and no we did not buy. But the stay in that hotel was one of the Best in Myrtle Beach at that time it was one of the newest hotels recently built. However, I would love to stay there again on our own dime. (of course at a discounted rate.)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 15, 2010

My Family and I had a Great time Was looking For quiet and relaxing time and we got it, especially at the pool area and it was during Spring Break, great location nice restaurants in the area did not have to travel miles away, room very clean just need more lighting in m/bedroom Love the tvs in everyroom also everybody was very polite and check person Kayne was great and explained every question I asked. Will go back

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Extravegant accomodations. 2 large bedrooms. Master BR & LR have sliding doors out to a balcony. Open concept. Kitchen granite & stainless steel. 3 flat screen TVs. 2 amazing bathrooms w/ whirlpool. Beach, pools, lazy river,hot tubs. Reasonable price. Will visit again! Soo much to do!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I usually don't write reviews although I do rely on them when choosing a hotel. Since this hotel received great reviews, and many helpful people posted pics, I decided to try it. It was definitely all that I expected and more. First I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and modern it was. Most of the materials used to build and decorate this condo was top notch. I loved the view. I almost didn't book it because it was not ocean front, and I was a little disappointed that I was given a second floor room. But when I looked over the balcony I still had a wonderful view of the ocean and the sun rise. My favorite thing about the room was the jetted tub. I took several baths in it and it was excellent. I only have one complaint, and it mirrors every other person...the pillows do suck : ) Easy fix though, just bring your own!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I arrived at this hotel thinking I had a room. I was told that my credit card information wason file but that there was no room!! The clerk was rude and not helpful. After 20 minutes I realize that this establishment is about employees and not customers!!!

• Stayed: January 2010
2  Thank pumpkincharleton
gmgrandeshores, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2010

After reading this review I investigated and spoke to the manager on duty that night. Since I take all guest comments seriously I always work to understand what happened and how we could have handled better for the guest. In this situation a gentleman with this group had made the reservations for several rooms and this ladies credit card was used to secure them. Unfortunately, a room was not reserved for her, but our front desk had a condo ready for her to move into, but the guest left the lobby without looking at the condo. When this type thing happends it does take a few minutes to correct, so we are sorry this guest left without looking at the condo. I am sure if she had this comment would not have been necessary.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

I really liked the Horizon, it was in a good location away from the bates motels down the opposite end of the beach. I stayed on the 5th floor had ocean view and the room was very clean, modern, you could live there. I recommend it!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank RN2BSN
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Our family spends Christmas each year in the Myrtle Beach area. We prefer the quite upper end of the beach around 58 ave. and above. The beach is beautiful and the area is peaceful. We decided to try the Horizon at 77th because of it's location. All the rooms are ocean view and they are nice. The units are equipped with the needed items and it is comfortable. We had a 2 bedroom unit. It was clean but the master bedroom was so dark that we had to purchase another light source just to see inside the dresser drawers. Ok, you get use to it after awhile. There was very little storage space in each room. I do imagine that the 3 bedroom units are better lit and do have more storage space. We will return again and remember to bring our extra light source for the bedroom. The staff was pleasant and the location is great.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)