“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lumbeton, NC
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

Our family has stayed at Myrtle Beach for many years for my granny's birthday. I was very shocked that the rooms was up to date like the pictures showed on the Internet. I booked a 3 bedroom 4 two nights. Each couple had their own private balcony, bathroom, closet space. The layout was designed a little strange but it fitted the style of the hotel.

The only complaint I had was the parking area was dark and gloomy, they need to hire security and place security cameras on each p1-p4 for parking.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
yankeesgirl66
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed at horizon the first week of May and it was great! The hotel amenitys were just wonderful for the kids. The view was just amazing, room was clean and the staff went well above and beyond. I had a problem with my sink in the kitchen. It was probably my fault for not cleaning out the dishes good enough, but it was stopped up. I was very hesitant to call the front desk and request for someone to repair my mess but i had to. I had called the front desk and talked to a young lady and requested that some one from the maintenance come and take a look at my sink. The repair man only took 5 min to get there. He had it repaired in no time at all. I tried to tip the gentleman and he absolutely would not take it. He said "Mam i am just doing my job to make your stay enjoyable" or something in that nature. I was just astonished by this act of kindness and customer service. But to top things off, later on in the afternoon i get a call from someone making sure the problem with the sink had been taken care of. She was very thoughtful, courteous, professional and personable. Overall your staff i give them all KUDOS. Thank you for a wonderful stay, my husband, kids and i will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

The room was ok, the very first night our car got broke in, another four also and one got stolen.
The hotel does not have cameras and they did nothing about it.

Charlotte,NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

This was our first time at The Horizon. We travel to Myrtle Beach often and choose this resort because we were looking for a place with alot of space for our family. The condo was full sized with beautiful furnishings, first class kitchen and beautiful view. The staff was really friendly and helped when we needed directions. We really liked the view from our balcony. You do not see another hotel but beautiful trees and the ocean. We plan to return to MB in the fall before the holidays and we will definately return to the Horizon. Our teenagers were happy and if you can make them happy you have found a winner.

south
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2009

This place is horrible!! The rooms are okay, but read on.
When I made the reservation, I asked if we could check in at 2 Pm because we had a young child. They assured us that was fine. Well driving there, this hotel is quite far north on the strip so isnt close to anything. Well we go to check in and cant find the office. There are NO signs to tell you where to go. You literally have to get on the elevator and go to the 4th floor to check it. The elevators are SO extremely slow. They only have 2 elevators for like 500 rooms. After finding the office, I go to the front desk and NO ONE is there! I waited for 5 minutes, yelling "HELLO?" and finally she came out. She was a very rude lady who informed me they never allow check ins before 4 PM. If they hadn't have already charged my card, I would have just left. I told her I made prior arrangements for an early check-in but she not even look up my account. So we left, found McDonalds and waited for 2 hours. Okay so we FINALLY get to the room at 5:30 after all the problems checking in. The room itself is okay. BUT, our toilet did not flush! Seriously that is a big deal to me! Called We had a small child and what was dangerous what that they don’t have locks on the sliding glass doors to the balcony. I think that is quite dangerous!! The pools are ok for small kids but if an adult wants to swim---- well the pools are only 3 feet deep! Also - there beach view rooms.. well its about a 500+ walk to the beach and the views are obstructed views at best! The hotel points away from the beach and is not beack front. There is another hotel in front of it thats right on the beach.

Time for bed. It is sooooo loud. There were people yelling and screaming almost all night long. People upstairs banging, etc. Okay so next morning we wanted to order room service breakfast....well guess what?!? NO ROOM SERVICE! No coffee. No bagels. No nothing!!

It is finally check-out time! I go to check out and there is a line of 9 people in front of me. What's worse is that it was 9:30 A.M. and 3 of the people in front of me were checking in! I could not check in at 2 Pm but they were letting people check in at 9:30 in the morning?! After 45 minutes in line...... I was finally able to check -out. No 'Thanks, Come Again" or anything like that. She said "Well Bye"

Point of the story -- it was a complete disaster. If you want a nice vacation -- DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank yeehawgirl
SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2009

The staff at Horizon was what impressed me the most on our trip. Every detail was carefully and considerately prepared for us. We were there to plan our daughters wedding and decided that was the perfect place to have her small, elegant beach wedding. The huge live oak that the hotelis built around is something you normally only see in Hilton Head or othr luxury type resorts. This one is award winning because of their attetion to detail, clealiness, and covenience. It'sclose to everthing and right on the beach. No problem finding a parking place because you park underneath right by the elevator. This is the perfect beach getaway for a week or weekend any time of year.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Lancaster, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Horizon for 6 nights. The room was very nice and very clean. The staff at the front desk seemed nice. The indoor pool was a little cold so nobody was in it the entire week. My wife and I were returning to the room on afternoon when we got stuck in the elevator for 40 minutes. The front desk was notified that we were in the elevator. I expected someone from management to be there with a apology when we got out or for someone to at least call the room later. We didn't hear from anyone so I went and complained to the front desk. The front desk and elevator repair man had 2 different versions as to why were got stuck. A manager called the room a couple of hours later and left a message that she would call back to follow up the next day. I never heard from anyone again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family