“Absolutely Fabulous”
Review of Horizon at 77th

Horizon at 77th
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 16, 2009

I have stayed at plenty hotels in Myrtle beach but the horizon has be 1 of my favorite spots. I will going back there this year it was so great. I really liked that the hotel is really not close to all the other hotels downtown so it is very quiet and relaxing. I booked a 1 bedroom at the horizon but I never expected to get a mini suite. It had all the accomidations we needed. Check is was very easy, the room was clean, and so was the pool. The only thing I did not like was fact that you have to go in through the garage there is no quick check in or help to find your to the check in. However, that was the least of my concern I just wanted to start relaxing and this hotel will sure make you feel like your in paradise.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 15, 2009

We would definitely stay at the Horizon again. It was beautifully decorated, quite and comfortable. The front desk staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our room was satisfactory. Thank you for the friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I brought my golf group of 31 down to stay in 7 condos. We have stayed at Grandeshores the past 8 years and wanted to give the newest property a try. Everybody loved it. The staff were kind and helpful. The units impecibly clean and well appointed. It is conveniently located to anything you want at Myrtle Beach.
My only complaint is that if you have the all in one washer/dryer (handicap rooms) be prepared that it will shrink even those items that will not shrink and everything is wrinkled. Avoid using it if you can.
That being said I am taking the group back next year and taking another group of 90 next April.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2009

We rented 3 bedroom units each with their own baths. Very clean & roomy. Excellent friendly staff (especially Amy). Plan to make arrangements for future trips around this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2009

We stayed at this hotel from Thursday - Sunday for a Valentines Day getaway from work and kids. I enjoyed this hotel very much. I reserved the rose petals, balloons and couple massage. Everything was nicely put together. Our view was great and we enjoyed the extended balcony. Looking forward to staying at this resort again!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2009

We found this while shopping for a newer property for our honeymoon. They pictures are beautiful and the rooms look like the pics, but there are several inconveniences. The only one I was really concerned about was no security in the garage.

However, customer service was right out the balcony. We arrived at check in and paid for our remaining balance. Recieved a receipt paid in full. During our stay of 6 days, we discovered on the 3rd night ROACHES in our bathroom! Okay, we didn't panic too much, as long as they were contained to the bathroom. However we did have to go through the hassle of being very careful about leaving out dishes, food etc. So it became more like being at home then on a honeymoon. Not to mention we had to wash everything before we packed to make sure we didn't bring any permanant guests along. I figured we'd be kind enough to mention it at checkout.

At checkout, a different attendant was working. I gave him our room number and he said he'd been expecting us. He needed to collect an additional $4 dollars because the previous attendant didn't. This is $4 dollars. I showed him our reciept paid in full, but it didn't matter. He was abrasive and unapologetic. At this point I mentioned the roaches, his respose was " Well that's wierd, the exterminators just left." ARE YOU KIDDING ME! That was IT for us. Inconveniences we can deal with, poor customer service is unexcusable. He never apologized for the $4, which should never have been mentioned regardless, or for the roaches. He didn't even deny the roaches. We will not recommend or stay at this resort again.

Matter of fact, we stayed an extra night but checked into the Patricia Grand. It wasn't new, but they had customer service.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Mandi2009
Reviewed February 6, 2009

I do a lot of travelling and my friends/family usually leave the planning up to me because I find awesome spots to vacation. Unfortuntely, this is not one of them, so let me get to the point.

Pros: Great view (5th floor-I took pictures), not a very far walk from the beach, very spacious rooms (3 bed-room), modern appliances, plenty parking (4 floors of parking), kind of private with minimal noise if any, can hear and see the ocean/beach, nice furniture

Cons: No apparent entrance into property yo front desk, No bellhop, very few carts for luggage (if you can find one at all), all pools no deeper than 3 feet (not a real pool if you're older than 10 years old), water temperature changes dramatically every minutge while taking a shower, bathroom layout horrible (big mirror in front of toilet-yuck!), tub with jets very shallow, master bedroom lacked padding under carpet (carpet directly on top of concrete slab-ouch!), vents in the tray ceilings doo not point downward, but across the ceiling (???), no parking attendant or servailance cameras in the garage (unsafe)

Bottom line, I wanted to love this place. A lot of the items on the website were over-sold or omitted. This is not a place you would want to go if you are looking for a hotel experience at all (more of a home away from home because you do everything for yourself). I would not recommend because the idea of this place is good, but it seems like they rushed a lot of things and never went back to correct like no soap holders in the shower. Also, the staff was kind of hard to judge since you rarely see anyone. And when you do, they have no aswers (except for Mark, he was very helpful and checked on us after we got to our room-Thanks!). Some of these things may seem small, but when they are missing, you notice. If the room cost more than it did, I would not have stayed the entire 3 days. It is not worth it to me.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TravelDiva2K