Just returned from a weekend at Horizon at 77th. We stayed January 23rd-25th 2009. We booked a 3 Bedroom, 3 1/2 Bath condo for 7 people and stayed on the 1st floor in room 116. We have been travelling to Myrtle Beach for about 10 years and this is the nicest room (inside) that I have stayed in. Here are my pros & cons:
1. Location of the hotel was perfect! About 15 minutes to N. Myrtle and about 10 minutes to Broadway at the Beach. Very short walk to the beach.
2. Size of the room(s). The suite we had was on the corner of the building and was huge! Master had a king and the two other bedrooms had 2 queens each! We had 7 and it would have held 12 people easily without feeling cramped.
3. Room decor. The room was nicely decorated with a modern feel. Granite countertops in the full kitchen with stainless appliances. Flat panel televisions in the living area and in all three bedrooms.
4. Staff was polite and helpful. They took care of a couple small issues very quickly and were happy to call us a great cab.
5. Best shower I have ever had at the beach in a hotel. We had 3 showers going at once and had amazing pressure with plenty of hot water. Seven showers in a row without one complaint of running out!
Cons. (nothing major - I still gave a 4 star review)
1. The rooms are dark. This was probably our biggest complaint. They had large windows, but it was very cloudy during our stay. Also, getting ready to go out at night must be done in the bathroom as there are only two bedside lamps in the master bedroom.
2. The indoor pool was very small...we had six people in there at one time and it felt tight. Outdoor pool and lazy river looked bigger and fun, but were closed for the winter.
3. The hot tub wasn't working when we tried it - this was taken care of by engineering within about 10 minutes so that wasn't a big deal.
4. There was no ice when we got there. There was an ice maker in the fridge, but it was empty when we arrived and they didn't have a hall machine. We wanted a drink after our 4 hour drive and had to run back out to buy a bag of ice!
5. Our view was not great. We could see the ocean from our balcony, but just barely. Our room was on the back corner from the beach on the first floor, so we probably had the worst view in the whole hotel.
1. Unless you are afraid of heights, ask for a room as high as you can and as close to the beach as possible.
2. Grab a bag of ice on your way to the hotel if you want some before the afternoon of your second day.
3. Get dressed in the bathroom so you can have some light.
Feel free to ask any questions you have, I'll answer any that I can...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horizon at 77th resort lies conveniently in the heart of Myrtle Beach, where you can dash easily in your bare feet and bathing suit out the front door right on to the beach. Opened in 2008, this distinguished ocean view resort provides spacious one, two and three bedroom condominium options featuring full kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, plus over-sized balconies overlooking the Atlantic Ocean offering comfortable seaside living at affordable rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Horizon at 77th reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon At 77th Hotel Myrtle Beach