“Great location”
Review of Horizon at 77th

Horizon at 77th
Ranked #50 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Your close enough to everything without all the noise and traffic down by the pavilion. Great rooms. Nice kitchenette. Nice decor.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Keyford

Reviewed May 29, 2012

The better view is actually from the east side (ocean side) of the building and on a high floor. The west side of the building has you looking at everyone on the east side sitting on their balconies, and you can see the water but not the beach. The way the balconies are angled, the east side of the building affords a great view of the ocean AND the beach, and you aren't looking at anyone else, just a straight view of the ocean. It feels a lot more private that way!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisaltk
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The rooms are well furnished and huge. It's basically like having a large apartment. The neighborhood was perfect. It is located in a nice residential area. Plenty of restaurant and shopping options are located within a few blocks.

Maintenance arrived quickly to fix a stopped up toilet. Housekeeping provided us with a good supply of coffee. However, there was hair on the floor of the bathroom on the day we arrived.

Although I would stay again, I was really upset when I requested a late checkout and was told "no". Checkout is at 11 AM, which is early anyway. I had a family emergency and really could have used an extra hour. The desk clerk said that they had someone arriving that night who had the room reserved. Check in time is 4 PM, which is later than average. It takes five hours to clean a room?!?!?!? Really?!?!?!?

The guy that checked us in gave us the wrong telephone number to our room.

In addition, it was biker week. The bikers were reving up there bikes far into the night. Had people standing out in the hallway talking loudly late into the night during my last night there. The hotel staff nor the Myrtle Beach police did nothing about it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NoCleverCreation
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

We wish we could always honor late check outs, and in he off season we certainly can. When the reviewer asked "does it take four hours to clean a room" I would answer no if you only have a few condos to clean. At Horizon we are blessed with very large condos and when you have 100 to clean and get ready for check-ins between 11:00am and 4:00pm it is a challenge. We hate to say "no" to a guest but those arriving guest expect us to be prepared for them as well.
We are sorry we had to say "no" on this occasion.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband, son (age 23 months) and I stayed here during our Spring Break vacation. My husband and I had stayed here several years back with another couple and decided to come back. Overall we enjoy it here. The rooms are comfortable and roomy. We had a two bed room suite. We love the balcony seating and the kitchen area. You can save a few dollars by making your meals at the hotel. One major plus is the washer and dryer in our room. You can go home with CLEAN CLOTHES! :-)
The beach is a short walk and there are pools. We used the indoor pool. It is small and it looks a little dated to me, but our son enjoyed it!
The only downside this time around was that a significant area of the carpet in our room was soaked with water. We noticed this as soon as we arrived. We called and someone came rather quickly to check it out. Somehow a leak in the kitchen got into the bedroom. I was NOT happy as my son was running around getting his feet wet. They brought us a fan to dry the area. *will post pics* My husband asked if we could move to another room, but was told there were no other rooms available. We didn't push the issue and just let it go.
Again, I do like Horizon and am sure we will return. I recommend it to other families.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MarryingInJAM
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Spacious units, clean, comfortable,close to beach. First time to Myrtle beach with friends. Very relaxing time had by all. My friends have returned since our visit, and have another trip booked in June. So 3 trips in 4 months, must say it all.

Room Tip: Choose A high floor and more to end of building to get more sun during the day on balcony
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Horizon at 77th, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

I just have to say "thanks and thanks again" to our guests for taking the time to share their
experiences at Horizon. We truly appreciate each and every one of you. It makes us feel so thankful.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We travelled all the way from Ontario, Canada to celebrate my parent's 45th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the 2 bedroom condo overlooking the ocean on the 8th floor (I suggest you request the 8th or 9th floor for the best views). The rooms were spacious, clean and the kitchen was fully equipped so you can prepare your own meals. There is a Food Lion nearby to do your grocery shopping. The Grand Coastal Mall, Tanger Outlet Mall and Myrtle Beach Mall are all in close proximity. This resort is located near many restaurants and is easily accessible by car. We also visited the Ripley's Believe It or Not Aquarium and the Sky Wheel. The resort is also near the Carolina Opry, Pirate's Voyage and many Golf Courses. Its a 5 min walk to the ocean.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the ocean
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rima B
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We just returned from our 4th stay at the Horizon. I love the Horizon because of its three (3) lazy rivers, and the multiple pools. It has always been relatively quiet when we have been there and I find that I can relax very well there floating in a lazy river. If you are a fanatic about where you park your car, you will also love the Horizon. They have the best parking garage I have ever seen. Most of the spaces are arranged so that you can position your car away from others, so there is no worry of a door dent. This may seem silly to many, but important to us. The Horizon is nicely maintained and very clean. We are very picky about this as well. There are no safes in the room, although they do offer a deposit box service at the sister hotel in front. We found this inconvenient, so you may want to give thought to what you can take with you to secure your valuables on your own. Each room also has a beautiful view of the ocean (with the exception of the rooms indicated as boulevard view). I have gone annually to Myrtle Beach for 25 years, and stayed many places but have been loyal to the Horizon since it was built in 2008. We like the location in a residential area, the closeness to many good restaurants, and the Horizon itself.

Room Tip: Opt for the larger square footage room if wanting a 2 bedroom. The extra space is nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple