“Family Night "Sleep With The Sharks" Totally Rocks” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Ripley's Aquarium Myrtle Beach Admission
Ranked #6 of 115 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Glide on 330ft moving path beneath the Dangerous Reef! TOUCH sharks & stingrays! EXPERIENCE a world of eels, colorful fish, mermaids & poisonous predators! NOW OPEN - Planet Jellies!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Myrtle Beach, SC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Family Night "Sleep With The Sharks" Totally Rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

I took my three grandchildren to Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach for the "Sleep With The Sharks" family night. It was another of those wonderful, memory making events I will always cherish. The two young staffers assigned to our group were very informative and patient with all of the children and adults in our group.

We arrived at the aquarium for a brief "setting of the rules" and then sent on our way for a scavenger hunt. The kids had an exciting time learning all they could about everything from staff and from our own exploration and reading of the many tidbits of information posted throughout the facility. We were treated to watching fireworks later in the evening from the party deck at the aquarium and a brief pizza party. A light breakfast is also included in the fee paid for the overnight.

After all of this, the kids were the true "stars" of the evening with "late-night karaoke". It was surprising how many of them are truly "hams" at heart.

Bedtime came all too soon, but the excitement of that is we slept in the tunnel with sharks, rays, barracudas and other sea creatures swimming all around us. Our total overnight group numbered about 25 people in family groups of various sizes. Every one of the kids was in total awe of all that they were seeing. Each and every one of the parents I spoke with were all quite satisfied with their experience and with the expressions of wonder and joy they saw in the faces of their kids. My own 9-year old grandson kept telling me "Grandma, this is the most awesomest thing!"

I absolutely would recommend this activity to anyone with kids. Worth every dime and the inconvenience of sleeping on the floor. The one thing I would strongly recommend, though, is bring an air mattress if at all possible.

Bethany M, Public Relations Manager at Ripley's Aquarium, responded to this review, April 10, 2016
Thank you for visiting Ripley's... I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for taking the time to review us!

• Arabic first
Supply, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It was very pretty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

It was very pretty too look at I dont think its worth the price though.

Columbus, Ohio
“Not exactly what i was expecting!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

When I walked into Ripley's Aquarium it looked like it was going to be a good trip around. But, as I walked further on I realized it was just too crowded. the main attraction was the "Babies" exhibit. But you needed to stand in a line for an hour or more just to get in to the exhibit. When you take the trip down to the the Dangerous Reef (which was hard to find by the way) you looked at the same tank of fish and sharks from ten different angles. The conveyor belt that you stand on as you walk through was broken too. In my opinion it is not wort it to go to Ripley's Aquarium. It is more worth the trip to go to the Newport Aquarium in Kentucky early in the morning then go across the river to the Cincinnati Zoo

Thank you for visiting Ripley's Aquarium... I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. We always strive to deliver an outstanding visitor experience and great value to our guests and take your comments seriously and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review.
Akron, Ohio
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Ripley's Aquairium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

Very cool!!!
IWe had a blast at this exhibit&we didn't even take our granchildren.
The shark exhibit is our favorite!!!
Very nice&clean&Fun!!!!

Conyers, GA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Glad my tickets were Free!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2009

Very long lines, not alot to see. You will be done in about 1 hour. The baby exhibit is very small and crowded. The tunnel is nice, but it is so crowded...I'm glad that I received free tickets. The small children will love it, but it's not for older children.