“Nice location”

Yachtsman Resort
Morgantown, Indiana
“Nice location”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We enjoyed our stay there in the last of December and early January. The location is excellent for whatever you want to do and the view is great. The New Years fireworks were right outside our window. The people were very cooperative and the price was right. It was not overly fancy but very adequate. We plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor and the view was great. All the rooms face the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jack C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We bought a week stay at this property on "Sky Auction" for the week of Jan. 4th, 2014 - before reading reviews. The auction was ready to expire so we didn't do the usual diligence. After "winning" the bid, we then read some rather mixed reviews, with quite a few being in the negative vein.

After reading the reivews we attempted to cancel our trip, but a heavy cancellation fee would have been involved. With that thought we decided to go ahead and give it a try and if really bad, take our losses and move to another property.

Frankly, we were pleasantly suprised. Although the property is a bit dated, and certainly not what one wouyld call a premier resort. it was acceptable. The location is excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. Although there is a balcony, it's only about a foot deep, so you can do little more thanstep out to view the ocean - but at lease it's a balcony of sorts.

So if you go there with an open mind and not expecting the Ritz, I think you will be content.
Mike & Bev S. / Stone Mtn., GA

Room Tip: Request a higher level room for a better view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank maserga
Elkhorn City
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We always stay at the Yachtsman. It is very convenient to all of the attractions and the staff is very friendly. We love Pier 14 and it is located behind the Yachtsman. They also have lots of activities for children. Our only issue is a very small balcony and you cannot dry your towels on the balcony.

Room Tip: Upper level room to avoid noise from pool and boardwalk
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank momandwifey
West Virginia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you are considering staying here, be cautious! We started out our trip in a one bedroom unit on the third floor of the south tower and the room was bad. Peeling paint, can lights in the ceiling that did not have covers which had the foam insulation and dust protruding out of them, and a very cramped bedroom are some of the issues we had. We ended up sleeping on the Murphy bed that was in the living room so we didn't have to deal with the small bedroom which had a very dirty light over the bed and a window that faced the walkway on the outside.

After two nights of this, we were fortunate to be able to switch rooms due to our large group having several rooms booked. One person did not show up for the trip, so we jumped into that room on the ninth floor which was simply an over-sized hotel room with a bed in the open living area. This room was a good bit better and had a much nicer view but it is still nowhere close to the level of accommodations that we have experienced when staying at various timeshares across the country.

To be fair to the property, I was informed that renovations are being made and hopefully our first room will be remodeled soon. I also have to say that other than the dirty can lights, both rooms seemed to be pretty clean in the bathroom and kitchenette areas. The resort also sits right on the beach and each room has an ocean view which was nice.

So in conclusion, I could not recommend staying here based upon the first room we had and I give this property a rating of "3" simply because the second room was acceptable. If you decide to try this place, be sure to ask for a renovated room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank WV_Wanderers
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Yachtsman "Resort" using RCI Points exchange. Read the reviews and had low expectations of the facility. True our 2 bedroom condo was old and dated and the balcony was step out only. Beds were clean and comfy though and bathrooms and kitchen were clean. Check in was a breeze..took less than 5 minutes!

The Yachtsman has the perfect location right on the boardwalk and is within walking distance to a lot of activities. We enjoyed the shopping..bars..food and arcades and Pier 14 is a great place to visit.

Parking is across the street however is not far to walk. The parking garage can accommodate large vehicles. We took advantage of the 15 minute parking in front of the North tower where we were located on the 7th floor. Elevators were never crowded and we had a great view of the beach and Pier 14.

After our check in we were COMPLETELY IGNORED by staff. No activities coordinator or concierge follow ups. . That was a good thing because we are used to being hounded by the timeshare sales pitches from the fine Gold Crown resorts we frequent in Hilton Head and other cities.

The condos are not equipped with washers and dryers however there were large load capacity washers and dryers reasonably priced available in the lower level of the building not far from the elevator.

We experienced a leak in the bathroom ceiling right over the commode. The maintenance man responded right away and resolved the issue. Also the coffee pot was broken and was replaced by a new one within 10 minutes of reporting the problem. Staff was responsive and friendly.

I would stay here again and recommend to those of you who are like us..need a safe, clean place to stay but walk or drive to area attractions...not spending a lot of time in our rooms.
friendly. r reporting high pressure time share sales and the resort

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Durana1
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed October 14, 2013

In 2011 in front of The Yachtsman hotel ( walking up from The Breaker's) my husband& I saw sign on the sidewalk side in front of The Yachtsman Club that says ( & still does as of this past Aug) Pier 14 with an arrow pointing to the back of their hotel.Wanting to go see the then new boardwalk we walked down between the hotel. I passed by then heard an awful sound like someone pushed my husband( who is 6 ft tall& then about 220 lbs) do the ground hard. I turn around to find him flat out on the ground. Here he tripped over a long-skinny wall that protruds out from The Yachtsman's clubs retaining wall( that is & was as of Aug of this year all crumbled all across the back of their property), but this one long-skinny piece laid crossway close to the boarwalk& was sliced& that is what he fell over. His foot hit the sliced part of the unusal wall addition. He finally got up. No one was behind us& the customers in the Yachtsman's property that shoild of seen us ignored us. So my husband got up& walked a little as I was afraid an elderly person or young child would hit that broken piece of odd little wall & get hurt worse. As I didn't know what injuries my husband had yet as he was stunned. So I walked to the front of their hotel to ask someone to fix it. It took awhile to find a security guard who was more interested in telling me his life story. He said he would put something on the wall right then to protect others. So my husband& I went back to our hotel where we called the police due to his breathing problems& pains he started to have. So I had to fiqure out where the Grand-Strand hospital was. He broke his wrist& 2- ribs from the fall.
I spent that friday( Labor day weekend speaking with a nice women from The City of Myrtlebeach. She had to send men out to decide who's property the broken wall was on due as you walked by it you were on the boardwalk. She decided it was the Yachtsman's Club property& advised me to make a report with them. So my husband& I walked back up there. After having to move rooms( we were suppose to be home after our 8 days stay& we had to pay for 2 more days of our rental car, room, food, etc.) as we get back up to the Yachtsman club 3 days after the accident the defective wall was still not fixed in anyway. No business people would speak to us for the accident report or anything so we had to talk to 3 security guards to which I had to leave their office once due to they would not write defective-wall( even though they all saw it& agreedit was, finally they did write that& I had them sign it.
We didn't do anything to get any of our monies back from being inconvienced, etc as attorneies I called down there didn't seem to care. Could'nt get our hotel to cut us a break on the extra days we stayed, etc.
i did get pictures of the wall& the whole wall across the whole back of the yachtsman's club's property is crumbled even as of this past Aug
& the piece that sticks out& is broken is duck tapped with grey tape.
I would never have gone back to Myrtle after the way No one sypathized or tried to help or didn't care when you have an accident due to a sign saying to go that way( I had to prove to the security guards the sign is in front of their property I have pictures of everything).
We did return this past summer. I hope the Yachtsman's club has new owners, but I doubt it due to the comdition of the wall. Oh well I would' nt stay there. Wish we could of sued them even just to get our out of pocket money back for those 2 days& the pain& suffering my husband endured. Also I almost forgot when he fell he hit my foot& leg. I spent 6 months of money out of pocket & going to the chiropractor( he even tried to give me an attorney )thank God that is all that happend.
Glad we went back this past summer, but we be very careful& stay close to our hotel at dusk.
Should of written this then, but just been bothering me ever since.

Room Tip: We did not stay here this is our experience with this hotel, but not as customers.also had to put th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank SusieTig

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed in a Cutter unit in the South Tower on the 6th floor in the beginning of October.

The hotel is somewhat dated, but is clean and comfortable over all. We had more than enough space in our room for two people. A small kitchen and dining area, living room space, and a comfortable bed next to a large sliding glass door. The balcony could definitely be better, as it is standing room only. There's no room for a chair at all.

The pool area is decent. There's an outdoor pool, a kiddie pool, and a small Jacuzzi. There are a few propane grills for cooking and patio furniture as well.

The location is great. The boardwalk is right outside, and restaurants and shops are within walking distance. Pier 14 is literally right outside of the hotel. You don't really need a car to get anywhere, which is nice, since the parking garage for the building is a block away. Not really a huge issue though unless you're doing a lot of driving. (Broadway at the Beach is only about 5 minutes away.)

Overall, the Yachtsman was a great value. It's not a 5 star hotel by any means, but for the price, we were very satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple