“Wonderful Steamed Oysters”

Ranked #28 of 903 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Cafe, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Welcome to Bimini's Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe! We specialize in delicious and reasonably priced cuisine, including our house specialties and other customer favorites. Our cuisine entrees are served in a relaxed and welcoming setting that you and your friends and family are sure to enjoy. Whether you are in the mood to indulge in something new or just want to enjoy some old favorites, we promise that our inventive menu and attentive service will leave you truly satisfied. No matter what your occasion calls for or your appetite demands, the friendly staff at Bimini's Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe promise to make your next dining experience a pleasant one.Bimini's Oyster Bar & Seafood Cafe has been a Myrtle Beach favorite, especially to fulfill a yen for fresh oysters, since 1985. Also known for its fresh shellfish and fish and excellent service, Bimini's offers a casual, but memorable dining experience. Reggae, beach music and the like wafts through the air and accentuates the fun environment.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I think this has become my husbands newest favorite restaurant. He had a 1/2 oyster roast 2 dozen steamed oysters and the oysters were huge. You have to open them yourself which can be a bit of a struggle. I had two seafood kabobs which were very good. The hush puppies were also very good. We had to wait about 45 minutes to get a table so we enjoyed a beer to past the time.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Tried this restaurant based on TA reviews and condo owner recommendations. We were a group of 4 and we arrived about 5 pm on a weeknight. We were seated promptly at a table with plastic beach chairs (uncomfortable if you're larger size person or if you perspire a lot). We asked the waiter about the grouper and he indicated it was from Charleston. My brother knows grouper (and fish market personnel said grouper was coming from S. America at this time of the year) so we though that odd. It was strong tasting--fresh fish should never be! I had the shrimp and scallops, both fried calabash style. The scallops were nice sized but had a strong off taste. There was a lot of excess oil on my plate under my shrimp/scallops. My daughter's crab cakes were just OK, she commented there seemed to be a lot of filler. (She had better ones at Mr. Fish). The cole slaw was just OK too. We saw many people ordering the crab/oyster boil dinner so maybe that's the draw. The atmosphere was loud. Our bill with tip was almost $100 even though my husband ordered just a half pound of shrimp with no sides. I would NOT RECOMMEND this restaurant to anyone wanting anything other than the oyster boil.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was our first time in Myrtle Beach and wanted some good seafood for a decent price. Bimini's was great. Although it was very loud inside, the wait time wasn't bad and the food was great. Our server was also fun and helpful.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

The food was ok, I had the peel & eat shrimp which was really good. My husband had the fish plate (the menu does not specify what kind of fish) but it tasted like something you would get at Captain D's and otherwise disappointing for a fresh seafood place. Even though the fish tasted generic the rest of the food was great. I just don't recommend the fish.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Ok, it's not fancy, but it has charm and more importantly:
Great food
Great service
And reasonable prices
Downside? A lot of folks already figured it out so get there early!!!!