“Extraordinary”

and 1 more site!
Oceans One Resort
Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Loved the hotel! Great location and clean! The room was immaculate the oceanfront view was beautiful. Reception was quick and very courteous.. my hubby and I will be back very soon. All in all great and relaxing

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank mammi720
Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My mother and I wanted to visit Myrtle before it got too hot and busy in the area and decided to stay at Oceans One Resort. We got the Type 7 (1 bedroom, 1 bath) room style and stayed in Room 903. I believe it was the most inexpensive room in the resort, with an oceanfront balcony. I called a couple of times before arriving. I checked the website a few days before and noticed the rates for the room were less expensive than what we paid, but after calling, they worked it out and gave us the lower rate with no trouble whatsoever. I was very pleased with this, though I'm not sure why it was cheaper online and I wouldn't have gotten the lower rate if I never checked it.

The office is across the street from the resort. A room was available when we got there at 2:30 so we were able to check in early, which was totally awesome since we thought we'd have to wait around until check in at 4:00. We parked in the lot behind the resort. We worry about people banging up our car doors, but the parking spaces are pretty big and there are some good shady spots too. We searched the room from top to bottom when we first got there as we do with every resort we go to. The room was very clean and I have no complaints. The room is right next to the elevator, so you can hear all the mechanics, but it's not unbearable. It was much better than being on the other side of the building where you could hear the Harley's riding back and forth down Ocean Avenue (Biker Week). 903 also had dishes and dishcloths to use, which was a lifesaver when we wanted to reheat our takeouts. The view on the balcony was perfect, not too high and not too low. The beds are a bit firm, but not too bad. I would bring a mattress pad.

The exercise room and lounge are on the second floor and they both have nice views. You can go down and check on your car by looking out the window in the exercise room. The pool area usually fills up every night after it gets too cold on the beach, but there is usually enough space for everyone. I noticed that people from other resorts would try to piggyback inside behind people sneak into the pool area though.

The staff are very friendly. Margo and Michelle were very helpful. I chatted with housekeepers, front desk and maintenance a few times. The housekeepers came each day except one when we had our "Do Not Disturb" sign out. On the second night we noticed the balcony wouldn't lock, so we called the front desk. It was about 10:00 at night and they said they would send maintenance right up. The maintenance men came within a half an hour and fixed it easily. We also had an issue with the phone, but the front desk was very good at helping us. Note that 903 doesn't have a phone in the bedroom but should. The WiFi is also not the best in this room. There were times I couldn't even connect on my smartphone or tablet, and when I could the signal was very low. However, we spent most of our time shopping or walking on the beach, so this wasn't a big problem; it may be for someone who is on a business trip and needs a good internet connection.

Checkout was pretty simple and we were able to park in the drive through so we wouldn't have to carry our bags far. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. I think the value is definitely worth what it has to offer, and we may stay again.

Room Tip: Room 903 is right near the elevator and the WiFi signal isn't the greatest, but still a great ro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jasnicolee
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at Oceans One Resort for the past three years and have loved staying there from day one. The staff are very friendly and the amenities abound. We stay for the winter and the winter residents have a very active social life thanks to Colleen and her assistants - there is always something going on, be it bingo on wednesday nights or going on a cruise, its all there. Its location is central to all the goings on in Myrtle Beach and is only a short block away from the new ocean front Boardwalk. Great place to stay!!

Room Tip: All the units are ocean front (the end units also have incredible views of the city)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BJSueB
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had booked at another hotel but to our disappointment what used to be nice was a real dump. We were lucky to find Oceans One Resort and would definitely stay there again. A very professional staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank laidback51
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Oceans One for 9 days in April. Once again we had a great time. It is nice to be able to stay at a nice place and still be very reasonably priced. We visit a couple of times a year and we always stay at oceans one! The only thing that they could update is the furniture.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Condos are a good size. Love the panorama view. Property is well kept. Only glitch is housekeeping. One day during our week stay they forgot to clean our rooms and often times didn't restock bath mats or hand towels, in 1 or both bathrooms. We had a 2 bedroom condo w/an other couple. Surprised at this lack of service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We spent another enjoyable winter in Myrtle Beach at Oceans One. Everyone from the manager Ray, office staff Lynn and Margo, housekeeping staff Ramona, and the maintenance crew are all very friendly and helpful. Everything is well kept up and improved on each year. All the floors have inside corridors with access to the inside pool. Pool is warm and comfortable all winter. The view from our condo and all the others have spectacular views. We love to walk the beach every day. Something is going on at the Boardwalk every weekend in December. Theirs always something to do at Oceans One and in Myrtle Beach. We wouldn't think of staying any other place when in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family