Oceans One Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sandy Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Bar Harbor Motor Inn(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Sun Villa Motel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Bermuda Sands Motel(Myrtle Beach)
Windsurfer Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
Blake Motel(Myrtle Beach)
  • Fitness center
Admiral Motor Inn(Myrtle Beach)
Coral Sands(Myrtle Beach)
1,427 results
All reviewsacross the streettype roomfloor to ceiling windowspool arealazy riveramusement parkstainless steel appliancesavenue pierbedroom condowasher and dryerfamily kingdomocean frontour home away from homejacuzzi tubfull kitchenmaintenance staffroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This resort is a joke. They have a lazy river that is an itty bitty loop with super uncomfortable rafts....real joke. The pool is nice but would be horrible if the hotel had high occupancy. People smoke all around the pool. The hallways are disgusting with cigarette burns on the carpet and spill marks on walls & baseboards. Our room had chips on walls & really was very average. We paid almost $1000.00 for 5 days & I feel ripped off. This place is in dire need of a complete redo!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank CJS1958
gmoceansone, General Manager at Oceans One Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thanks for your comments, we are sorry your stay was not as enjoyable as the rest our our guests. We strive to make all stays the best possible, I would like to address some of your complaints and shed some light for our future guests. The lazy river is a oval shape with a center island which includes two water features, (bucket dumps and water fountains). It also has an area called a swim out for parents to sit in the river and enjoy it with the kids. It is not huge, but by no means small compared to other resorts here at the beach. The tubes are all a standard latex tube that you see used at water parks across the U.S. Im not sure how one is more or less comfortable than the other. I am glad you liked the outdoor pool but you stated it would be horrible if high occupancy, The time you were here we were at 98% on the weekends in September and 80% during the week . That is high occupancy. Our resort is a non-smoking resort. If guests are caught smoking on our property it is a $250.00 fine. Our hallways are always clean. In five years walking these halls I have never witnessed a cigarette burn on a hall carpet. Our hallways also do not have baseboards in the halls, its all carpet cove base. There are pictures of the lazy river and the tubes on our website. This should solve any confusion with these features. Thanks and hope we have a chance to serve you in the future. Ray Booth GM

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family stayed at this resort in late March of this year during spring break. We have been visiting Myrtle Beach for many years, but this was the first time we've stayed at this hotel. The hotel is very modern and in the heart of Myrtle Beach, with easy access to most attractions in the area. Our family of five had plenty of room to stretch out in our 'Type 7' one bedroom condo. I really liked the layout of our room, with the entry way not going through the bedroom which allowed for more privacy. The bathroom was huge, with nice, deep cabinets next to the sink. Also, they have a clothes line in the shower which made it the perfect spot for wet swimsuits. The clothes line was just far enough out from the wall to hang suits/towels easily, but not too far out that it was in our way as we showered. A few other perks that we loved was the fact that the unit had central heat/air and also a washer/dryer combo. Also, the property is a non-smoking property which was a huge bonus for us. Ample parking is located across the street from the hotel. There is a crosswalk from the parking lot to the hotel and most drivers were courteous and let us cross. We also noticed a security vehicle pass through the parking lot a few times so it definitely felt secure. The pools and lazy river were very nice as well. All of the hotel staff, from the office to housekeeping, were courteous and professional. We definitely plan on staying at this hotel the next time we visit!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Spent a wonderful week at Oceans One. Our room and hotel and pool area was very clean. Staff was very friendly. Our only complaint was...ON WEEKEND ONLY when we would use our room key to enter the hotel youth would stand outside and block the sidewalk area. You have to use your room key to enter the hotel from the street and Once we would weave our way through to enter the hotel the youth standing on the sidewalk would follow you in to the hotel. I don't know if they were there with parents and didn't have keys or they were just locals...gave us a little unsafe feel. We never mentioned it to anyone and then oneday on the beach another couple mentioned they also loved the hotel but felt uneasy about the ones gathered outside our hotel waiting to get in. Next trip we think we will go further north even though this was a very nice hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We recently returned from a week long stay in Myrtle Beach. We normally stay at the Long Bay but they were booked for the days I wanted. We chose Oceans One based on the reviews and photos. We were very pleased with our short stay.
We stayed in a two bedroom condo with a kitchen, dinning room and living room. It was a little on the small side for 3 adults and two kids but it was clean and modern. The master bedroom was really nice with an ensuite bathroom. It had a beautiful jet tub and was very spacious. The second bedroom had two queen beds and a bathroom across the hall. It had a washer and dryer and modern amenities. I only have a couple of small complaints like the mattress was really firm(more of a personal preference), the parking was across the road and there were no washrooms near the pool. My children are 10 and 8 and it was a little frustrating going up to the 10th floor for washroom breaks.
The outdoor pool was clean and so warm. I met the caretaker in the elevator and he obviously took much pride in his work. He was very kind and always working hard to keep the premises looking great. Oceans One is very close to the Second Avenue pier. We took the opportunity to visit the pier and the kids went fishing, it was a great experience! I would definitely return to Oceans One, it was a really nice experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel was nice. We stayed in a Type 14 room on the 11th floor. The room was large and spacious. The balcony was awesome and the views were spectacular. We could lay in bed and see the ocean at our feet. The full size kitchen and washer and dryer were great.

The pool area was okay. It had a kiddie area, indoor pool, outdoor pool, 3 hot tubs, and lazy river. The water in the pools seemed dirty. I did see someone cleaning the pool each morning so I'm not sure why the water appeared to be dirty. Maybe the chemicals were off.

The location was great. The road was a little busy to cross with 2 little kids but most people were nice enough to stop and let us cross. Walmart is only about 5 minutes away if you need something. Along with other grocery stores, pharmacies, mom and pop shops, etc..

I did find hair on my sheets and in the bathtub at arrival. The rooms weren't as clean as I thought they would be but overall we had a great stay. I would recommend Oceans One to others. My husband and I agreed if it were just him and I we would visit Oceans One again but if we have our kids we will probably go elsewhere. There just wasn't a lot for them to do at Oceans One.

Room Tip: The Type 14 room is worth the extra money. The views are amazing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family