“Home Away From Home”

and 1 more site!
Oceans One Resort
Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Just returned home after spending our winter vacation @ Oceans One Resort for the third year in a row. As usual, we were greeted warmly and efficiently, by the office staff; and this good service also extended to both the housekeeping and maintenance employees. We had a two bedroom/two bath condo with a fully equpped kitchen - everything we needed to make life comfortable. We enjoyed our oceanfront view with our early morning tea and coffee, or relaxing after-dinner enjoying the beautiful sunsets. Oceans One is within walking distance of the new boardwalk and ferris wheel - both offering spectacular ocean views. We appreciated Oceans One's close proximity to all amenities such as restaurants and golf courses, and of course shopping. All in all, another wonderful winter vacation. Needless to say, we've booked Oceans One for next winter, and will think of our happy times there during the cold Canadian winter.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer69
Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife and I have just returned to Canada after spending Jan, Feb and MAr 2012 at the Oceans One Resort in Myrtle Beach. This was the fourth consecutive year for us and we just love the place. Over the past four years we have met approximately thirty couples, "Snowbrds" from Canada and the northern States, and we have become life long friends with most of them. Oceans One management and staff pride themselves on having a dedicated number of "returnees" each year, a testament to their daily efforts to please each and every visitor. Oceans One is ideally located to major shopping malls, great golf courses, Broadway at the Beach and the famous Boardwalk. It is on the ocean front and every condo has a fantastic view. We always rent a two bedroom unit and the one assigned to us had all the ammenities necessary for day to day living.
We highly recommend Oceans One as the place to spend your winter months. The current "Snowbird" clientele will welcome you with open arms, entertain you with card nights, bingo nights, pot-luck meals, group restaurant outings etc.... You will be HAPPY you chose Oceans One as your home away from home.

Room Tip: The two bedroom units ( e.g. 704, 1505 ) are ideal with a large master bedroom overlooking the ocean...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BLAZER27
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This was my first experience in staying a month down south. Staying at Ocean One was the best choice for me. I immediately felt at home. Everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to welcome me. This included all the staff at Ocean One and also the guests. It was like a big family. There was always something going on. Everything was so clean and well kept. I had a ball. The condo was beautifull. With all the rooms overlooking the ocean, it has such a calming effect and it is great to watch the sunrise in the morning. I invited some friends and they were very impressed. They are planning on coming again next year. The location is excellent with the boardwalk,beach,restaurants and such great shopping. Roberte from Grand Falls NB Canada

Room Tip: Corner units are the most beautifull rooms that I have ever seen. I had a 2 bedroom and was perfect...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We just arrived home from our stay at the Oceans One resort (3/25-3/31) We had a wonderful time. Our room was very clean when we arrived and housekeeping came everyday at about 10am. The furniture was nothing to write home about, but I didn't go to the beach to sit in a room. We rented the 1 BR type 7 condo (#2003) and had flat screen TV's in the bedroom and livingroom, a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. If you use non-stick cookware at home I would bring a skillet. They have stainless steel (18-8) and the skillet even on 4 was burning everything. My sister lost her bathing suit bottoms sometime Tuesday night from off the balcony and housekeeping did assist her with locating them. They did not find them but their effort was much appreciated. I did not have any trouble with the wireless internet when I was there.... I did a search, found the strongest signal to my room and saved the profile. It was ready and available everytime I logged on.

Room Tip: I liked that the rooms that had 2 beds all were queens not doubles as some place I found.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We had been traveling to Florida for over 12 years when illness took over and we had to stay put in '08,'09,'10. Upon approval to travel by my Doctor -1/20/11. I called down to Florida where we had stayed for all these years and the condo's were in short supply and the rates increased . My wife's friend has been vacationing in MB SC for a number of years and she suggested we try Oceans One Resort . We called Oceans One and the receptionist informed us February was open for a one bedroom unit. WE took the unit and fell in love with the shopping, restaurants and accommodations. After a few weeks , We booked March 2011 and returned in 2012 for three months.
I would recommend this resort as a good vacation part on beach near the Pier and Boardwalk. The resort overlooks the Ocean with super view of same.
Columbus took a chance like we did and we found a vacation paradise. Try it, you will be in for the experience of a lifetime. JKCarina@yahoo.com , Clay, NY 13041

Room Tip: All the rooms have an excellent view and sunshine ~!~
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I just spent Nov 2011 thru March 2012 @ Oceans One & had a wonderful time. The cozy 2 bdrm condo was just what I needed - an en suite bdrm overlooking the ocean w/ its own balcony and a second bdrm & bath for any guests, a well-stocked kitchen, cozy livingrm with balcony, TV in 3 rooms. This is my second year @ Oceans One & I've recommended it to 2 other friends who booked next season too. As a solo traveler I'm concerned about safety, helpfulness and friendliness - this resort is A-1 on all counts. Staff is exceptional: I can't say enough about Mgr Ray; Ms Lynn & Ms Margot; John, Rick & Colby; Ms Liz & Ms Mona! Snowbirds are so welcoming that one is as solo as one wants to be. The resort's amenities are exceptional, the ocean view breathtaking, the location for shopping, restaurants & entertainment (loved the boardwalk/skywheel) great & I'm so looking forward to 2012-13. JaneM

Room Tip: Request a schematic & take a virtual tour - depends of travelers' needs
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2012

If your looking for a place to feel at home instantly come to Oceans One.

We spend six months at Oceans One for the past three years, and hope to return for many years to come.

The reason would be;

General Manager Ray, Lynn Front Desk Manager, John head of Maintances, Ms. Liz head of housekeeping, they all have a way of making you feel like family.

Our three bedroom, three bathroom condo has everything we needed for our long stay, plus extras Four flat screen TV,s Washer & Dryer.

The large balconys offer views of the Ocean , Pools, Lazy River, Piers, Boardwalk, Ferries Wheel and the most amazing Sun Rises.

At first we were concerned with parking across the street, but, with the new cross walk, my husband finds it no problem crossing with his walker.

Thank you to everyone at Oceans One for making our winter the best.

Colleen & Claude Ottawa