“Lives up to the hype”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ciao!

Ciao!
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciao! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 869 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Minneapolis
“Lives up to the hype”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We hit up this restaurant after looking on tripadvisor for a good meal. We arrived at 645pm to a full house and were told that a reservation was available at 730pm. We took that reservation and were directed across the parking lot to the bar to wait. At 745pm, having had enough pre-dinner cocktails, we returned to the restaurant to check on our reservation. We were told our table would be ready shortly. We waited in the parking lot another 20 minutes when we were greeted in the parking by our waiter who immediately apologized for the wait and offered to buy us an appetizer.

For entrees, I ordered veal parmesan (FABULOUS) and also sampled the entrees from everyone else in our party. The walnut ravioli was my favorite, but the lobster ravioli was nearly as tasty as was the vodka a la penne. We topped it off with what may have been the best tiramisu that I've ever had.

Despite the snafu with the reservations, the food was well worth our extended wait.

Reservations are a must, as this restaurant was extremely limited on space.

Bel Air, MD
“"Great Meal and Service"”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Ciao is one of our favorite restaurants while in Myrtle Beach. The atmosphere is quaint, the food and service is always spot on. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation as this is a local favorite and is quite busy even off-season.

upstate new york
“Dreamed about coming back here for almost 5 years....”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

After stumbling on this phenomenal restaurant in 2009 thanks to fellow reviewers on TripAdvisor, we were back in Myrtle Beach and looking forward to having another great meal. We were not disappointed! The restaurant had gone under some renovations inside (more booths, less tables) but other than that, the food was still just as delicious as we had remembered. Caesar salad dressing was incredible (must be homemade), 19 year old daughter had the cheese ravioli (repeat order from last trip). I had the Chicken Ciao (breaded then stacked with grilled zucchini, roasted red peppers and mozzarella cheese topped with their phenomenal marinara sauce, then baked). It was superb! Chicken was crispy on edges, grilled zucchini had a delicious smoky flavor from their brick oven - could have eaten a whole plate of just that!) - and their marinara was wonderful - not sweet, not salty, not acidic, no huge chunks of tomatoes - perfect for my palate! My 16 year old son ordered his favorite, Fettuccini Alfredo - we were each offered a taste, and all agreed that the sauce was incredible - definitely a splurge, but soooo worth it. My husband had the Chicken Limone (which he had ordered almost five years ago) - again, top-notch all around. We all shared a tiny Coppa Mascarpone for dessert - we weren't hungry any more, but it was enough of a taste to satisfy. Oh how we wish we lived closer. I would force myself to try each and every item on the menu - but that Chicken Ciao keeps popping into my head....ah, that restaurant, although located in a strip mall, is among the best Italian restaurants EVER.

• Visited December 2013
Mebane, North Carolina, United States
“Great Food And Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were here for dinner a couple of days after Christmas. Reservations were a good idea. The service was excellent, just what you'd expect of a family owned Italian restaurant. We started with the evening's appetizer special, Clams Casino which were great. My wife still raves about her Shrimp Scampi and my Lobster Ravioli was excellent. Even with a bottle of wine, the bill was quite reasonable. We're about 4 hours away so sadly we won't be able to return often, but will certainly return next time we're in Myrtle Beach.

• Visited December 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Secret Gem”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I are vacationing in Myrtle Beach for the first time, and as always, when scouting around a new town for restaurants in a resort, you are subject to more style than substance. So when the concierge recommended this place, we were a bit skeptical. When we pulled up in front, we realized what the concierge meant by "unassuming". So with some trepidation we went inside.

Typical red sauce Italian restaurant décor. Paintings of gondolas, Mediterranean rooftops, Italian street scenes, etc. The place was clean, comfy and homey. We were immediately shown to a table and made to feel welcome by our server. The conversations going on around us led us to believe that this was not a tourist place, and when we saw the prices on the menu, we were convinced of it.

The food... suffice to say that the food here is great. I had linguini and clams in a red sauce.. The little neck clams were plump and juicy, the sauce was indescribably delicious, and the pasta was cooked to perfection. I asked my wife how she liked her veal and her eyes rolled to the back of her head as she said; "amazing". Somebody in the kitchen knows what to do with the stove.

One would not assume the quality of this place just driving by. We intend to be back soon. You would do well to check it out.

2 Thank Bob F