“Great winter price and good free breakfast.”

Econo Lodge Inn and Suites Beach Front Central
Ranked #181 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Have stayed here several times. They are one of few hotels on the strip that you can park a vehicle with trailer or a small deivery truck with ample parking. They now have their internet service working better due to a much needed improvement since my last visit. The room was ocean front with balcony for under 50 dollars (normally over 75 in the summer months). The free breakfast was of waffles, cereal, toast, pastries and etc.
Service at front desk was great.. Mush better than in the summer months when things are busy there. This part of town looks like a ghost town in the winter months.
Room was clean , breakfast was good. service was fine.
I'll most likey be back there soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank highmiles61

Reviewed January 16, 2011

It is the off season in MB which means little to no business. Apparently this hotel does NOT take locals !?! I can understand if it is the middle of the busy season and you need rooms for visitors, but really!?! You are makeing little to NO MONEY right now and you are turning away potential guest now because they are local!?! How stupid can you be?
And for anyone who is looking to come to this beautiful area, trust me you can find a better and more beautiful hotel than this one.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank MBnative28
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Left hang up clothes in closet which was probably worth at least $600 if not more. Called motel as soon as we realized what we had done, which was about 6 hours after checking out, and were told to call the supervisor in the morning because she inspects all the rooms and if anything is left in the room she will get it and arrange for shipment. Called the next morning like we were advised to do and were told nothing was found in the room. The motel has been of no help whatsoever. I will never stay at this motel ever again and probably will never go back the Mytle Beach due to their response.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gwendixon
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Is hotel a bit run down? I would have to say yes. Is it more the standard of between an Econolodge and a Quality Inn? Yes but definitly not the worst Comfort Inn we have ever stayed in. Bed was above average, bathroom small, wear on the carpet but overall it was not nearly as bad as all the reviews claim.
We did have a cigarette smell in the room when we came in. Were offered a change in room but left the door open to the patio looking out on the beautiful ocean and all was much better in the world. Off season rate was not as inexpensive as others on the strip but well worth it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ozarksbbq
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Front Central in a two bedroom penthouse with eight family members. The suite was so large a spacious with a private walk entrance that provided an added feeling of privacy.
There were two children ages 4 and 11 in our party. They loved the location! There was lots to do in the area and the children loved the beach as well as the pools.
The staff was great. There was a mix up with my reservation. Instead of booking two rooms, only one room had been reserved for me. The lady at the front desk assured me that my party would enjoy the penthouse and worked diligently on accommodating us, as there were no other rooms available and I had family flying in from New Jersey to join me.
We had a great time and I look forwand to staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank hannahm5
Reviewed September 20, 2010

First let me say that I always stay at choice hotels, but after this weekend I will be re-evaluating that decision, as It was one of the worst stays in a hotel

Issue 1) Upon check in I was charged 20% more...I knew there was a 12% tax, however then I was charged additional fee...If it was a daily resort fee it was not worth it.

Issue 2) A sign was actually posted in the lobby that said "If you want internet go somewhere else"

Issue 3) The Hot Tub, ha ha, more like warm tub...same temp as the indoor pool. It was disgusting with bugs, hair and other "floaties"...Not to mention when you turn the jets on there was little to no jet...I will not even mention the kiddie pool that was much worse, luckily we had no need for that...as health dept would have shut it down

Issue 4) Saturday morning my husband was woken by something crawling,on him which turned out to be a roach!!

Issue 5) When we asked the cleaning lady for new sheets, she did not even have them on her cart!! How does she replace them between check out

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kitty_cat_sc
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We expected a decent (not great) hotel since it is on the beach so you'd expect some rust, mold, etc. The room was dirty and due to the breezeways there is a lot of echo in the open hallways so it is super loud in the rooms. We asked to be moved the second night to a higher floor to see if it would be quieter and it was not due to the echo when someone closes the door (which you have to slam) or high heels, etc. The furniture (sofa & chair) had a LOT of ware on it and we were afraid to sit on it. There were hairs on the sink and toilet. The bathrooms were an odd lay out where the toilet and bathtub were in a space that should have been a closet. we literally had to step in the tub in order to close the door to the bathroom. The sink was in the bedroom itself.
The breakfast is not worth it since it is a bunch of pastries, bread, and bagels. The location is great since you are right on the beach and have a great view.
Our room had signs of a previous electrical fire since one of the lamps were not plugged in and there were burn marks on the wall.
The sheets may have been clean but had stainsand visible large tears, as did the pillow cases. I really wish I had read all these posts prior to staying. Honestly, the area is fairly run down so if you want a nice place, you have to pay a lot more for the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple