“Family Vacation”

Ranked #178 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richland
“Family Vacation”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Can't complain. It was great. Loved our ocean view room on the 7th floor. Short walk to the nice beach with a shower to get the sand off on the way back up. Kids LOVED the pools (maybe more than the ocean) and the breakfasts! The location was great and everyone was really nice. We ended up staying another extra night because we didn't want to leave! The fridge and microwave saved us a bunch of money - esp. with several Wal-marts near by . . . .

Did find one bug in the middle of the week in the bathroom - but ONE doesn't really bother me . . .

Room Tip: Choose Ocean View! Nothing like the waking up to the ocean and the private balconies are awesome!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Excellent location - right in the middle of all the fun for children of all ages. Front desk clerk & manager were very nice and helpful. We did not have a reservation, but we were immediately taken care of. Nice large bedroom but tiny, tiny bathroom. While we had a non-smoking room, apparently the rooms to each side of ours was not and the smell of smoke vented into our room. The hotel is ocean front with a very large and clean pool. Very nice hotel and would recommend as long as you don't mind the smell of smoke coming into your room.

Room Tip: don't stay here if you hate the smell of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed June 1, 2013

If you base your reservations on internet pics via company website, you will be impressed and think this is a nice place to stay. It was absolutely the worst place I have EVER stayed. Lobby was nicely decorated/freshly painted but our room was so nasty and outdated. Curtains had holes in them. Bed furnishings were old and dingy. Door and locks to get in our room were tricky. Someone probably could have just pushed the door open. Most unclean room I have ever stayed in and I've stayed in some dives because of late night travel. This place was completely not worth the price paid. Not even for the beachfront access because all I could do was see the drab of our room. Front desk staff was neither helpful or friendly. Just there to take our money and check us in. I think they gave us the worst room in the building! Horrible experience. I was there a year ago and truly hope no one else experiences what we did.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before check-in or skip altogether.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sandlappersclady

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 29, 2013

i had a really good stay,the front desk attendents on all shifts were very helpful, my room was clean, i love the extra privacy on the baclonys, breakfast was good except the eggs,which i hardly eat any way. great location, close to stores (about 100 ft) and shopping and resturants all in walking distance. but overallit was a good stay, and i would stay there again

Room Tip: oceanfront --king was great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank angela a
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Well, there were 3 good things that I can say. 1-Ronnie and the woman who set out breakfast made us smile and we had good conversation with them. 2-Loved being oceanfront. 3-Good size fridge.
Okay so the bad and the reason why we had to leave a day early. So, the place really needs to be renovated from the carpet which was obviously frayed to the dirty looking pillow cases, to the bed(hard as a rock). I am pregnant and the bed alone left me sleepless which was why my husband had to go down at about 3am and cancel our reservation which was hard because we had our 10 month old with us.
I was really disappointed that we did not get a refund for our stay there but we were not going to act really mean to get what we deserved. I also did not go on the beach there because the only area that they had for you to wash your feet off after leaving the beach looked like it had mildew all over it. I did. of see any bugs-thank God but I felt pretty dirty in such a small room which barely fit a table and king bed that they had in it. I also had to watch my step onto and off of the balcony because the concrete was broken into pieces underneath the door.

Thank God we were able to stay elsewhere the next day/night but a refund would have been appreciated for the loss of sleep that my family had to endure.

Sad really.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Angelina G
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here on May 19, this was the first and last time I would stay here. The front desk clerk was disinterested when asked questions about the area. The indoor pool with hot tub are in need of renovations especially the key door. The key lock did not work so quests from nearby hotels were using the indoor pool and hot tub, at one point a maintenance person came in and chased them out. The door lock to the balcony was broken and the door would not remain closed. Woke up in the middle of the night to find the door open. This place is in need of a MAJOR renovation. The carpet in the room was mildew and you had to unplug the coffee maker to use the microwave. The complimentary breakfast was the most positive item.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vicki S
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here again on May 8, I have stayed here many times without any complaints.
No its not the Hilton, but we didn't pay the Hilton Price either.
I see a lot of bad reveiws here,
No offense to the other reviewers, we all have our own opinions and rating system, but I would have to differ due to my own personal expereince at this Hotel and I have stayed here several times on my business trips... Summer and Winter.
The rooms I've had have all been clean, some worned allittle more than others , but for the area this is one of the better hotels I've used. Trust me there are much worse on this strip.
You can bet that the hotels in this area have a lot of abuse from tourist and springbreakers.
The staff have all been freindly and helpful. There is good parking for a comercial vehicle or if you're pulling a trailer. and the parking is free.
They have a really good free breakfast consisting of scramled eggs, boiled eggs, waffles,sausage,cereals,fruits and pastries,breads,coffee, milk or juices.

Room Tip: For the best view of the ocean ask for a room at least the 3rd floor or above so you can see the bea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business