“No Security”

Ranked #180 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Tampa, Florida
“No Security”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here on May 19, this was the first and last time I would stay here. The front desk clerk was disinterested when asked questions about the area. The indoor pool with hot tub are in need of renovations especially the key door. The key lock did not work so quests from nearby hotels were using the indoor pool and hot tub, at one point a maintenance person came in and chased them out. The door lock to the balcony was broken and the door would not remain closed. Woke up in the middle of the night to find the door open. This place is in need of a MAJOR renovation. The carpet in the room was mildew and you had to unplug the coffee maker to use the microwave. The complimentary breakfast was the most positive item.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vicki S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here again on May 8, I have stayed here many times without any complaints.
No its not the Hilton, but we didn't pay the Hilton Price either.
I see a lot of bad reveiws here,
No offense to the other reviewers, we all have our own opinions and rating system, but I would have to differ due to my own personal expereince at this Hotel and I have stayed here several times on my business trips... Summer and Winter.
The rooms I've had have all been clean, some worned allittle more than others , but for the area this is one of the better hotels I've used. Trust me there are much worse on this strip.
You can bet that the hotels in this area have a lot of abuse from tourist and springbreakers.
The staff have all been freindly and helpful. There is good parking for a comercial vehicle or if you're pulling a trailer. and the parking is free.
They have a really good free breakfast consisting of scramled eggs, boiled eggs, waffles,sausage,cereals,fruits and pastries,breads,coffee, milk or juices.

Room Tip: For the best view of the ocean ask for a room at least the 3rd floor or above so you can see the bea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank highmiles61
Longview, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is tired and needs a MAJOR do over. I stayed in a suite on the first floor with a pool and ocean view. The door that opens out to the pool you could see light between the door and door jam. The plumbing for the sink was exposed. I found a water bug running across the floor in the bedroom. There was plastic cup wrappers between the fridge and wall that house cleaning staff missed, they stayed there for the entire length of my stay, 4 days. The outside of the microwave was stained and looked nasty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AHollis64
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was one of the worst hotels I've experienced and it was priced higher than other hotels on the beach. We arrived late and was planning to leave early, otherwise I would have attempted to change rooms, or leave completely. Our room was supposedly a suite. But to be honest, our room was so bad the hotel should not be allowed to rent it to the public. The couch had several huge chunks torn out of it and several red stains. Yes, red stains. My imagination ran wild trying to figure out what happened on that couch. I took pictures and intend to send them to Comfort Suites corporate office. The rest of the hotel, from the dimly lit corridors to the musty carpets, earns itself Bates Motel status. Simply a creepy experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joy646

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several reasons: 1) cheap rate, 2) indoor pool, 3) free parking, 4) free breakfast and 5) the location. It's FAR from being the nicest hotel in the area. It's an extremely tired hotel. However, the hotel sits right next to the beach and we were able to keep our balcony door open all night to hear the waves. It's a tradeoff. The beds were comfortable and, in the end, the hotel served it's purpose. I only stayed here one night, though. I'm not sure I could have stayed here for a week. As it turned out, we went to the pool area but didn't stay long. We entered the hot tub but found a film over the water and decided not to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lvsportsnut028
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We came to Myrtle Beach for the girls cheerleading competition and had to stay here, because all the hotels around were booked. The hotel was in terrible condition, smelled very very bad, the floors were nasty, as nobody ever cleaned them. Everything around just looked very ran down, old, dirty and disgusting. The sheets on the beds were stained, hopefully they were clean, but it sure didn't look or smelled like it. The furniture and appliances are very old and need to be updated. Our girls said that it was the worst hotel they have ever seen. Please, save yourself and your family from a huge disappointment - never ever stay in this place.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Lira9979
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Usually I try to do a little research before going somewhere but since this was only going to be for one night I just booked it based on the pictures shown on the "Choice Hotels" web site. Unfortunately, we were in for a rude awakening. This hotel is very much in need of an update. We were appalled from the moment we arrived at the property. The inside and outside of the hotel looks dismal and rundown. Someone mentioned the "Bates Motel" in another review and I would agree with that. The walls look like they have been painted over and over again to the point that it is caked and chipping. (Even the light switch had paint on it.) There were so many things broken in our hotel room - the phone cord next to the bed wouldn't stay in the receiver and we couldn't get a dialtone. The buttons on the phone in the sitting area were missing. There were no identifying buttons on the a/c unit, there was insulation showing and a big gap as you went outside to the balcony. There was no water pressure in the shower, the bathroom door wouldn't latch properly so therefore, you couldn't lock the door. (Not to mention that there was only a shower - no tub, which could be a problem if you have young ones. Luckily our three year old didn't mind a shower.) There was a dip in the floor underneath the carpet at the vanity. I wanted to leave after I saw everything but my husband convinced me to stay since it was only for one night. The view of the pool and the ocean were nice (that's about the only positive thing I have to say, besides the fact that there were no bed bugs).

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family