Courtyard Myrtle Beach Barefoot Landing
Ranked #61 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Burlington, ON
“Dirty”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

On arrival to a busy hotel on a busy highway, the lobby was welcoming and clean. The front desk was also pleasant. However, this is the only positive... the only way to access the hotel and anything locally (even Barefoot Landing) is to drive. The room, corridor, elevator smelled like mold and mildew. There was a stain on the wall behind the door, an empty water bottle on the floor and a cup of water. The toilet tissue had also been used after the room was "cleaned". The bed wasn't particularly comfortable and if you sat on the edge to put socks on, the bed tipped. The furniture was damaged and the TV remote barely worked. All in all... terrible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Washington DC
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed for one night. Location is good - with ease of access to highway, shopping, airport, etc.

Checked in and lobby was nice. They had a time share sales desk in the lobby. Never a good sign. Staff was very pleasant throughout the stay. (Maids in hallway always said hello - that's always a sure tell to me that they are a customer friendly property.)

That being said - as others have posted - the room smelled musty. Mildew in the shower. Stained carpet, stains on the walls. Luckily did not see bugs or I would have been out of there!

Bedding was a bit worn as were the towels.

Not up to the Courtyard standard. Could be a Fairfield Inn. Definitely not Courtyard. Pains me to say this as a lifetime Marriott Rewards Platinum, but would not stay here again or recommend the hotel until they renovate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FlyDC

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Miami Fl
Reviewed August 2, 2013

we stayed there for three nights, upon arrival the room smelled bad bad mold, furniture worn out, roaches in room on 3rd and 4th floor bed was comfortable, when u stay at bigger hotels you pay for their name only nothing is provided, i mean nothing!!!!!!!!!! for over $200.00 per night and all u get is in room coffee. No basic breakfast, juice or even tea bags. U buy ur own juice and tea bags. Better to stay at one of the lower brands which provides breakfast, better price and lot cleaner rooms. after staying at this hotel I think people need to appreciate lower brands.

Room Tip: go to other hotel
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel was very clean and rooms had been updated. There had been a recent remodel of the lobby and it is very nice for a hotel in this price range. There was a nice café with a Starbucks in the lobby but also a Fuddruckers within the same parking area so places to eating was not a problem! This is not a hotel for beach lovers. It is on the main highway into North Myrtle Beach so a BUSY Road in front of the hotel. This is for business or just a clean, nice place to stay if you are playing golf in the area and don't want to pay the premium prices of staying on some of the resorts. 1/2 mile to Barefoot Landing. Very nice people and easy check-in and out.

NJ
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Staff was nice and friendly. Check in was efficient. Room seemed pretty clean and beds were comfortable. Price seemed a bit steep for what it was and where it was located. The pool area was disappointing because it was indoors and so hot and uncomfortable that we decided not to swim. Overall not a bad place to stay but nothing stands out as being excellent.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The outside of this hotel looks inviting and was certainly filled with guests...however, upon arrival and entering the lobby, we were greeted by the desk clerk who gave us the key to our room. Taking the elevator to room we noticed that the hallways had litter on the floors, there was a smell of mold or mildew in the air, and upon entering the room, you were immediately hit with a strong smell of mold. The air conditioner had been turned off and the room smelled. We turned on the air unit which was in the wall and it made a loud and obnoxious noise all day and night.....keeping us up all night turning off and on all the time. The bathroom had what looked like black mold or mildew in the corner. The room appeared to be very clean but smelled. The indoor pool, although well appointed, was dirty. The deck was dirty, it had clumps of hair, and candy wrappers laying on it, along with dirt. The hot tub was just plain dirty. Overall.....this place is dirty and smells.

Room Tip: Would be surprised if you found one.....ask for one that does not have a wall air unit or be prepare...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked my hotel two before my trip, my card was charged and as far as I knew I was all set. I went to myrtle beach because my son was playing in a state tournament. Halfway there, I realized I left my credit card on the computer desk next to our computer. I had to rush to a bank for cash so that I could pay for food & gas, fortunately my account was already charged for the hotel room. I dropped my son off at the game and raced over to the hotel to check in then get back to see my son play. Once I got to the front desk I explained to the woman (wearing a plaid, opened shirt & shorts) behind the counter my situation. I also informed her that I have my drivers license and a front & back texted copy of my credit card. I was told immediately that there was nothing she could do and that I had to wait on the manager. The smile on this woman's face was unforgettable. She showed no sympathy and simply walked away as if I were a bother. I reminded her that my card was charged already and it was on file so it could be used for incidentals. None of that mattered. I was told that my husband (who's white) would need to fax over an authorization form for MY card. It made no difference that he was at work (hence the reason for his absence) and that I had my drivers license, social security card and that the room was already paid for, with my card on file. I just stood there embarrassed, looking as if i needed a hand out. I stood out front and waited for the manager since she said he was on his way. After waiting in the rain for several minutes, I decided to go back in, to my amazement there's the manager. As I approach the counter the same woman from earlier turned to him and said "a guest needs your assistance, she left her card, but her room is paid for". Please keep in mind that she knew I was standing there, waiting, and she didn't say anything until I came in, even though she could clearly see me still standing outside. The manager was not much better. I was told I had to email the front & back of my debit card to his personal yahoo acct., then I had to give him the same information again so he could key it into the hotel computer. The manager then said "well since i see you're trying so hard i'll do this for you this time". So after about 35 minutes he did what could've been done 30 minutes prior to that. Not to mention I had to send my credit card info to his personal email (I still have that email). My only other option was to lose my $178 I was charged, since I was told I could not get my money back, or sleep in the car with my son since there were no other rooms. Not only did I receive terrible service, but I also missed 45 minutes of my son's game. I guess I should be grateful since I got to see the
last 12 minutes of my little boy's game. I will never stay at another Courtyard.

• Stayed July 2013