“Rude Staff - No View”

Ranked #118 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Michigan
“Rude Staff - No View”
Reviewed August 25, 2007

Desk staff was rude and unacomodating - locked key in room and was told that we could not get in until 7:00 am because no one was available. Desk clerk said she did not know how to make a key and she could not call her boss. After waiting over an hour and making more than 1 scene she contact another hotel and someone came over to make a key - POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Room has minimal view - pool was under renovations - surface being painted - room was fair.
We like locations but accomodations were undesirable.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rude Desk Cerk
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank ann626

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed August 12, 2007

My husband and I booked a privately owned condo at the Small building at Sands Beach Club room 205 in February thru the Vacations by owner website. We had planned to stay there with another couple. My biggest concern in renting from the website site unseen was the condition and cleanliness of the unit. Beware of this rental it is not at all as the description reads. It is a 1 bedroom condo converted into a 2 bedroom condo that would in no way be comfortable accomodating 6 to 8 people. The unit was very dirty. The bed comforters and mattress covers had stains on them. The one shower curtain had black mold growing all over it. The kitchen was dirty and had hair in the refrigerator. The chair in the living room was so dirty none of us wanted to sit in it. There is nothing beautiful or renovated about this unit. Please ask to see complete photos of this unit before renting. We decidied we could not stay there and had to incur the cost of renting another unit. I am currently trying to get refunded for the full payment I made in advance at the owners request. You will be disappointed.

Stayed August 2007
3 Thank bugsyginger

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Cleveland
Reviewed July 24, 2007

Our family has been staying here for about seven years. Understand a few things. First the "ocean view" rooms are in the separate building. The are not nearly as nice. The first year we stayed this is where we started. The A/C did not work and so they upgraded us into the "oceanfront" building. It was very nice, very clean and everything worked. At that time the staff was attentive and available. My kids loved the kids club back then. They would take the kids to different places like the "real water park". And they had "Knights" from the medival knights show come in and sword fight. Our most recent visit not the same. First understand that Sands has put the lion's share of effort into the Sands Ocean Club (right down the street). It has the outdoor bar and the "water park" which is just a wading pool with innertubes. They keep a skeleton crew and the Beach club now. That goes from the front desk to the "kids club" The kids club now is staffed by seasonal workers on education exchange from here and abroad. I was a little surprised at the fact that they didn't ask for I.D. or a contact number when i left my son with them. They didn't do much with the kids like "the old days" I understand that over at the Beach Club they do a lot more. The free lunch is not served at the Sands Club, they tram you over to the Ocean Club for that too. Our room this time was in the process of being updated. But still needed work. Not as nice as when we first started comming here. It appears to me that all of the hotel effort goes into the Ocean Club. Hopefully when they get done there the focus will shift back to the Sands Beach club. The Beach here is nice, not crowded, and has no public access. They have taken advantage of the brackash lagoon and stream next to the hotel by putting in paddle boats and fishing equipment at no charge for guests. This isn't a 5 star resort. It can be a nice quiet place with a great not-crowded beach. We will keep comming back and hope they make this place the way it was five or six years ago.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank john_44024
Kansas
Reviewed June 21, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Sands Beach Club Resort the first week of June 2007. We had a great time. Our room was clean and housekeeping was very helpful. The view from our room was AWESOME and the sound was WONDERFUL. Kids eat free breakfast buffet that was really good and free lunch everyday. The beach area was really clean and nice and lots of sea shells. This was our family's first beach trip and we will definately stay here again. No complaints here!!

• Liked — The location and the beach view
  • Disliked — nothing
1 Thank bg1968
wv
Reviewed June 16, 2007

The Family & I just got back from staying at the Sands Beach Club.. The Room was big & clean.. Two bathrooms, kitchen two bed rooms & a living room. Nice parking lot not a garage. 0ne of the best features was the lagoon beside the hotel. Plus the hotel gave us coupons for free lunch for everyday of our stay. Would stay there again.

• Liked — The lagoon next to the hotel
  • Disliked — no dislikes
columbia
Reviewed June 7, 2007

We had to be moved three times and the manager was soooo rude about it. The first room was so dirty and the bed sheets where stained. Then they moved us to an "upgrade" where the air didn't work and told us we would be without air for two hours. I demanded to be moved. The third room was clean but the light in the bathroom didn't work and was never fixed after we complained. When I talked to the manager she told me I should have left after the second room and that I should never stay there again. I talked to her supervisor and he has yet to call me back to resolve the problems. Worst Beach experiance I have ever had. Please don't waste your money.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the staff and rude manager
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kasey2007
Asheville NC
Reviewed April 17, 2007

I stayed at this hotel in room #1125 April 11-April16. Worse experience I've ever had. First of all upon walking into my room, I noticed how disgustingly dirty the kitchen and walk in floors were, the bathroom floors were even worse. To prove my point, I actually took a bar of soap and cleaned a small piece of the dirty grout between the tiles and it turned white from black! Gross! Where's the tilex? I had to have my husband pop one of the kitchen cabinets back in place, because as I opened it, it almost fell on me. The maids do a horrible job! You are better off cleaning the room by yourself. When I pulled the bed up from the pullout couch, there were old cheeto's still in the bed.
I asked the front desk lady for a bedspread and two extra pillows for the pullout couch around 4:45pm for my kids (for the nightly sleep), and after never receiving them, I had to call her back at 10:30pm to remind her. She wasn't very pleasant, cordial, helpful, or apologetic for making my kids wait until 10:30. She said: "Uh.......ma'am I don't know where I will find an extra bedspread, I guess I will Uh....Uh....have to pull one off of a bed from another room. I was so frustrated that she was just telling me this now, that I just said, "forget the bedspread, may I have an extra blanket?" After she didn't show up for 20 more minutes, I walked down to the front desk to demand the blanket and 2 pillows, and still she was unapologetic. When I returned to my room, I noticed the holes (big holes) through out the blanket she'd given me for my kids. I was so frustrated that I called back and asked for Melonie (the manager). She wasn't in, so they took a message. After not hearing from Melonie the next day. I called Melonie back around 4pm, only to realize they didn't care enough to give her the message. I am so disgusted with this dirty hotel and my experience. Please listen to me, Do not waste your money to stay at a hotel where it's not only dirty, but the customer service is awful. Oh, did I mention when the maid cleaned my room, I had to call back downstairs to the uncaring lady at the front desk to ask for extra towels because the maid only left one set hanging in my bathroom? For anyone who still wants to stay at this hotel? Take my challenge and clean a small piece of grout between the kitchen and bathroom tiles, you will see that it all of a sudden turns white from the filth. There is no telling whats lurking on the floors. I hope this review helps you. The only positive thing that I can say, is the view is beautiful, and this is the last hotel on the street, so that was kinda nice. Melonie the front desk Manager was very nice, helpful, and polite when I finally talked to her.

• Liked — The hotel was the last on the street, which made it kinda secluded.
  • Disliked — The front desk clerk wasn't very cordial, and the rooms were dirty.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family