“Great Hotel!”

Sands Beach Club Resort
Ranked #126 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 25, 2006

We stay here all the time. After reading these reviews, I felt compelled to write. I love the Sands. It's on a dead end, has lots to do, and most of all, PRIVACY. Yes, it's not the brass and glass of the new hotels, but it's nice, oceanfront, and clean. Love the foam beds. Best sleep I've had in a motel or condo EVER! Convenient to most attractions, especially the outlet mall, bypass highway, and Barefoot Landing. The Galleria Shopping Center has a really nice deli and store where you can buy fresh food and already prepared meals. Also a grocery store in the shopping center.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank sol72

Reviewed February 6, 2006

My family and I spent five nights at the above hotel and found that things aren't always what they appear to be on the internet. The problems started when we checked in, the room we were assigned smelled like smoke and was dirty. The staff at the front desk was helpful, allowing us to look at two other rooms before we moved our things. The second room was better but the whole complex appeared to be in need of repair. The smoke alarm was chirping when we got settled (it needed new batteries). When I asked for batteries at the front desk the clerk said that she didn't have any and suggested that we unplug the detector for the night, she would have maintenance take care of it in the morning. The problem was corrected two days later. On a couple of occassions the room wasn't cleaned (trash emptied, bathroom towels replaced, etc.) forcing my wife or myself to go to the desk seeking replacements. I think what bothered me most about the whole matter is that I wrote the hotel twice and no one ever responded. The only bright spot of the trip was the location of the hotel right on the beach and the lifeguard assigned to the area (not a hotel employee). She was friendly, helpful and great with the children. The hotel's location is also convenient to most attractions. I am not offering this this to trash the hotel, only to make others aware to check around before staying at any resort. Please feel free to contact me.

6  Thank jcs2690
#156 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
The Caravelle Resort
The Caravelle Resort
#24 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Sands Beach Club Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sands Beach Club Resort

Address: 9400 Shore Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572-5126
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#8 Spa Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#28 Top resorts Hotel in Myrtle Beach
#72 On the Beach Hotel in Myrtle Beach
Price Range: $73 - $320 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Sands Beach Club Resort 3*
Sands Beach Club Resort is a multi-level, mixed use resort property, meaning that some units are owned in whole, year round by owners and some are owned by timeshare owners and managed by a board of directors. To offer potential guests the most accurate information please include the unit number in your review. As a mixed use property the units can vary in their decor, housekeeping and maintenance. All guests have access to all the resort amenities such as the indoor pool, outdoor pools, grill area, tennis courts, basketball courts and more! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sands Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sands Beach Club Hotel Myrtle Beach