We stayed at the Sands beach club July 23-27th 2008. Upon check-in the staff was very nice and accomodating. When we got to our room 721 it was not the most modern room you have ever been in. In the smaller bedroom one of the lights didn't work, the doors to the balcony wouldn't lock, one of the door handles were broken, the hairdryer didn't work, and the couches looked 100 years old.
The room was clean and i inspected the beds very well after finding a cock roach in the drawer by the bed. After calling the front desk they sent up someone who was awesome and killed the roach after letting the thing run around the room a few times. There weren't any other rooms available (not even at another motel) for us to move to but they were all very helpful and wanted to do everything they could to make sure we were happy. We ended up seeing 2 roaches in our 4 nights stay at the motel.
The breakfast buffet was very good and the staff was very friendly.
There were always people cleaning and mopping floors etc.
This hotel is ok if you are not going to be in the room that much. Someone on the staff told us that all the motels have bugs due to the environment. They have the most problems with bugs on the first and second floors. So if you have bug issues this is not the place for you.
I would stay here again, but it wouldn't be for longer than a few days. Also we received a nice discount by just asking when we made reservations so it doesn't hurt to ask when you call if they are running any specials.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Beach Club Resort is a multi-level, mixed use resort property, meaning that some units are owned in whole, year round by owners and some are owned by timeshare owners and managed by a board of directors. To offer potential guests the most accurate information please include the unit number in your review. As a mixed use property the units can vary in their decor, housekeeping and maintenance. All guests have access to all the resort amenities such as the indoor pool, outdoor pools, grill area, tennis courts, basketball courts and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sands Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Beach Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Beach Club Myrtle Beach
- Sands Beach Hotel Myrtle